MA: Public Policy Polling: Romney not cracking 40% in home state
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:35:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MA: Public Policy Polling: Romney not cracking 40% in home state
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Public Policy Polling: Romney not cracking 40% in home state  (Read 1449 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 27, 2012, 11:21:57 AM »

New Poll: Massachusetts President by Public Policy Polling on 2012-06-25

Summary: D: 55%, R: 39%, I: 0%, U: 6%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

timothyinMD

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 12:25:47 PM »
« Edited: June 27, 2012, 07:48:08 PM by timothyinMD »

Interesting headline.

Could have been: Obama not cracking 56% in most Democratic state in America
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 12:30:20 PM »

Interesting headline.

Could have been: Obama not cracking 56% in most Democrat state in America

Only if the headline writer had lived under a rock for 40 years.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 12:31:27 PM »

Interesting headline.

Your trolling is getting old, real fast.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 12:35:23 PM »

He's making a legit point, though I don't think Miles intended to bias the title.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 12:42:20 PM »

He's making a legit point, though I don't think Miles intended to bias the title.

In 2008, Obama got ≥56% in exactly five polls in Massachusetts.  Out of twenty-four.  He eventually won 62% of the vote.  The here story is not about Obama.

The point of the title was clearly to point out that Romney is performing about as 'well' as McCain was, despite this being his home state.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 12:48:45 PM »

In 2008, Obama got ≥56% in exactly five polls in Massachusetts.  Out of twenty-four.  He eventually won 62% of the vote.  The here story is not about Obama.

The point of the title was clearly to point out that Romney is performing about as 'well' as McCain was, despite this being his home state.

You could also say Romney is already doing better than McCain, since Romney's getting 39% and McCain only got 36% in the final count, so Romney's doing better. Both campaigns could interpret this poll positively/negatively.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 12:50:02 PM »

Interesting headline.

I'm confused as to how this is trolling. No sarcasm, no rudeness. Is trolling simply when you disagree with a previous poster?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 12:50:40 PM »
« Edited: June 27, 2012, 12:54:00 PM by MilesC56 »

Interesting headline.

Again, you didn't seem to learn since I last called you out. Its the Democatic Party, not the Democrat Party. I can't take you seriously as a poster unless you decide to use proper terms in your discourse.

In addition to your negative demeanor, your premise is wrong. In terms of PVI, the most Democratic state in America is Vermont. In terms of voter registration, Louisiana has a higher percent of Democrats than Massachusetts.

Thank you. I post many of these threads each week; I don't mean for my headlines to be biased one way or the other.
timothyinMD

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 02:11:56 PM »

Interesting headline.

Your disagreement with my opinions doesn't make me a troll, Mr. Vice President

Romney polling 39% in Massachusetts is pretty damn good, considering no Republican has won more than 36.79% in Massachusetts since 1988.

mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 02:40:07 PM »

Interesting headline.

Again, you didn't seem to learn since I last called you out. Its the Democatic Party, not the Democrat Party. I can't take you seriously as a poster unless you decide to use proper terms in your discourse.

In addition to your negative demeanor, your premise is wrong. In terms of PVI, the most Democratic state in America is Vermont. In terms of voter registration, Louisiana has a higher percent of Democrats than Massachusetts.

Thank you. I post many of these threads each week; I don't mean for my headlines to be biased one way or the other.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What Miles said.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 02:49:34 PM »

Actually, in MA, it officially is the Democrat Party.

All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 02:53:17 PM »

That's like asking, "Are you a Democrat?", not "Are you a Democratic?"
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 02:57:06 PM »

If there's one thing just as dumb as Republicans trolling by calling it the "Democrat party," it's Democrats getting riled up about something as stupid as that.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 02:57:06 PM »

Nope, unless you think "Are you a No Party?" or "Are you an unenrolled?" are valid constructs.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 02:59:19 PM »

Nope, unless you think "Are you a No Party?" or "Are you an unenrolled?" are valid constructs.

opebospeak?
ajb
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 03:44:04 PM »

Gee, I guess that means the Secretary of State's website has it wrong. For example:

http://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/ele12/democratic12.htm
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 03:51:24 PM »

You could also say Romney is already doing better than McCain, since Romney's getting 39% and McCain only got 36% in the final count, so Romney's doing better. Both campaigns could interpret this poll positively/negatively.

You would hope that Romney was doing better than McCain here.  You know, given that Romney used to govern the state and all.
ajb
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 03:53:10 PM »

You would hope that Romney was doing better than McCain here.  You know, given that Romney used to govern the state and all.
I suspect that in a few month's time, Romney will never have been governor of Massachusetts, and claiming that he was will be decried an offensive slur.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 04:22:07 PM »

Why would it be a shock? Didn't he leave office with like a 30% approval rating?
timothyinMD

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 04:33:57 PM »

If there's one thing just as dumb as Republicans trolling by calling it the "Democrat party," it's Democrats getting riled up about something as stupid as that.

Yup.  It's called getting your panties in a twist about nothing.

MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 04:56:26 PM »

My sentiment exactly.

Also, a new Boston Globe poll shows Obama leading Romney by just 12 points, and by a margin 46% to 34%. Does appear his governing the state is making things closer there than you would otherwise expect for a Republican. But all that matters is what happens in November.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 04:59:16 PM »

Yup.  It's called getting your panties in a twist about nothing.

So why do you do it then?  (If your answer is anything other than "trolling", you're lying.)
timothyinMD

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 07:55:14 PM »

Interesting headline.

You take this Forum WAY to seriously Miles, get a grip.

I associate the word "Democratic" with a system of government, not a political party, but so you can  "take me seriously" because you take Atlas Forum way too seriously, I modified my post.

My point is talking heads making big deals about certain vote thresholds.. for example the Virginia Romney vs Paul primary where Romney got 59.5% and people (on both sides) crowed, "Oh wow, Romney didn't even break 60%"  Who cares?  He got 59.5.  If he had, they probably would have said.. "Oh wow, Romney didn't even break 70%"

Massachusetts is HEAVILY Democrat.  I think the bigger headline is that Obama's lead shrank 7% rather than Romney not cracking 40% in his home state.  Voting for someone for a local office is a whole different ballgame than voting for someone on a federal office.  If Romney gets 38-40% in Massachusetts I'll consider it a win
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies