France General Discussion II: Living under Marxism
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:26:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France General Discussion II: Living under Marxism
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45
Author Topic: France General Discussion II: Living under Marxism  (Read 309934 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #975 on: September 11, 2015, 10:00:48 PM »

I just read that in his last press conference President Hollande said he is thinking about electoral reform, including some proportional representation, referring to I assume National Assembly elections.  Would love to see this go through.  Would the current parliament go for this?

I'm not sure where you read this, because it isn't true. On the contrary, Flanby said that the 'democratic crisis' cannot be fixed simply by changing the electoral system (and then went on about 'simplifying the legislative procedure', which has been interpreted as officially burying an idea which the government obviously never had any real intention of doing anything with. Until now Flanby and his tools had pretended to keep the idea alive, so that the Greens would not go wild, but now that EELV is basically imploding on its own and that it serves even less of a purpose to the government, I guess he can finally bury the silliness.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #976 on: September 12, 2015, 03:30:20 AM »

Can he try and ungerrymander (and then regerrymader in his favour) the map?
rob in cal
« Reply #977 on: September 12, 2015, 12:16:49 PM »

Sorry, I'm having trouble posting links, but the article about PR was from "The Connection" France's English language newspaper, September 8, edition which says "Mr Hollande.... said he is considering voting reforms, perhaps introducing an element of proportional representation."
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #978 on: September 12, 2015, 02:28:25 PM »

Can he try and ungerrymander (and then regerrymader in his favour) the map?

The legislative map isn't really that gerrymandered - and where it is, it's mostly to protect some local barons rather than to systematically favor one side. After all, the left did win a comfortable majority in 2012.
The Last Northerner

« Reply #979 on: September 18, 2015, 08:08:46 PM »

46 year old MP Bruno Le Maire enters Les Republicains 2017 primary.

His entry is called a "breath of fresh air" by the UDI.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #980 on: September 19, 2015, 10:58:05 AM »

UDI really should just rejoin the Republicains. They will never back Hollande and even Bayrou will probably back a Juppé candidacy. Now that Borloo has gone it has no significant weight.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #981 on: September 20, 2015, 03:47:48 PM »

Meanwhile, a municipal by-election was held today in Noisy-le-Grand, 5th or 6th most populated city of Seine-Saint-Denis (famous 93 département), both left-wing strongholds. In the first round :
LR 40.5
PS-EELV 39.5
FG 10.5
FN 9.5

FN proved its weakness in elections not under a lot of media scrutiny, proving once more to be a mediatical construct. FG entered in talks with PS, the 93 PCF wanted them to even withdraw without merging, so PS were quite demanding, plus many disagreements were noted on solidarity, housing, social policy, local democracy, so FG finally decided to run again.

Runoff :
LR 46.6
PS 46.4
FG 7
with a 8-pt increase in turnout

(approx. ; don't have the official results yet)

So FG lost a few voters to "vote utile" (circa 200), and a number of new voters tried to "save the PS" that ruled the city for 20 years, but it wasn't enough and LR won by 33 votes. Probably will lead to a new judicial trial though, the margin being so low.

That makes the right in control of 21 cities out of 40 in the 93, which is telling by itself...
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #982 on: September 20, 2015, 04:29:59 PM »

Seriously, if the legislative elections were held now, how many seats would the left save?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #983 on: September 20, 2015, 05:25:08 PM »

Seriously, if the legislative elections were held now, how many seats would the left save?

Presumably (and I guess hopefully?) that's their rock bottom.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #984 on: September 28, 2015, 12:59:34 PM »

That's it, the right has officially crossed the line.

Nuke this country.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #985 on: September 28, 2015, 01:01:09 PM »

Help for us monolinguals?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #986 on: September 28, 2015, 01:05:31 PM »

A figure of the right just said France is a country of the "White race". Yes, for real.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #987 on: September 28, 2015, 01:09:29 PM »

Translation of what she said: "In order for national cohesion to exist, a balance in the country should be preserved, which means its cultural majority. We are a Judeo-Christian country - as general De Gaulle phrased it - of the white race, which welcomes foreigners. I want France to stay France. I don't want France to become a Muslim country."
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #988 on: September 28, 2015, 01:11:53 PM »

And when you say "right" you mean FN, right? This isn't the Republicans ... Is it? :0
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #989 on: September 28, 2015, 01:13:11 PM »

And when you say "right" you mean FN, right? This isn't the Republicans ... Is it? :0

It is.

(I refuse to use the term "Republican" to describe them because it's particularly ridiculous in the French context)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #990 on: September 28, 2015, 01:20:26 PM »

Well, one FN supporter said something strange and stupid. Wooptydoo.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #991 on: September 28, 2015, 01:41:09 PM »

Not so quick. The charming person who said this is Nadine Morano, a 'Républicains' MEP, former junior minister under Sarkozy's presidency and a former deputy in the National Assembly; a fairly prominent political figure. Granted, Morano is obviously retarded and one of the most stupid politicians in French history, but it doesn't change the fact that she is a racist sh**t or that this is but the latest in a never-ending avalanche of crass racism from prominent figures of the so-called 'Républicains'.

God help us all when (if?) this bunch of corrupt, incompetent racist buffoons return to power.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #992 on: September 28, 2015, 01:42:39 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2015, 01:45:06 PM by DavidB. »

Not so quick. The charming person who said this is Nadine Morano, a 'Républicains' MEP, former junior minister under Sarkozy's presidency and a former deputy in the National Assembly; a fairly prominent political figure. Granted, Morano is obviously retarded and one of the most stupid politicians in French history, but it doesn't change the fact that she is a racist sh**t or that this is but the latest in a never-ending avalanche of crass racism from prominent figures of the so-called 'Républicains'.
Ah, I misunderstood; thought that she was some FN person rather than a "Republican" and I didn't know that she actually holds elected office on behalf of the UMP. Yeah, that is somewhat surprising, and not in a positive way.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #993 on: September 28, 2015, 01:43:16 PM »

Her non-apology is terrifying: "Je suis désolée, c’est un mot [race] qui est dans le dictionnaire, je ne vois pas en quoi il est choquant."
"I'm sorry, it's a word that's in the dictionary, I don't see what about it is shocking"

WTF?

DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #994 on: September 28, 2015, 01:46:31 PM »

Because all words in the dictionary are acceptable. Hmmm. Yeah. No.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #995 on: September 28, 2015, 01:50:27 PM »

Could you at least look at the post literally above yours before posting nonsense?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #996 on: September 28, 2015, 02:27:53 PM »

Could you at least look at the post literally above yours before posting nonsense?
You're posting nonsense all the time, so I don't see a particular reason to change my posting behaviour. If you don't like my contributions, please by all means put me on ignore. And let's get back on topic.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #997 on: September 28, 2015, 02:32:53 PM »

You're posting nonsense all the time, so I don't see a particular reason to change my posting behaviour. If you don't like my contributions, please by all means put me on ignore. And let's get back on topic.

This has nothing to do with liking or not liking your "contribution". You posted factually wrong information while the corrected facts are immediately available to you. You could at least have the decency to acknowledge it and apologize.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #998 on: September 28, 2015, 02:43:07 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2015, 02:46:43 PM by DavidB. »

I just want to point out that you already took more time in being angry about this than I did in my factually incorrect comment. What's more, my reply to Crab (translation of what she said) was more useful than yours (hurr durr nuke it!1!) and Hash's explanation of who this woman is was useful anyway, because you didn't provide any information other than that is a member of the Républicains. But if you won't be able to sleep tonight because I accidentally skipped a comment of yours, I'm truly #sorrynotsorry.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #999 on: September 28, 2015, 02:50:55 PM »

Guys don't fight that's just what Le Pen wants
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies