France General Discussion II: Living under Marxism
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:00:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France General Discussion II: Living under Marxism
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 45
Author Topic: France General Discussion II: Living under Marxism  (Read 309757 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: March 28, 2014, 11:11:56 AM »

Guys, Michel Rocard wasn't extremely unpopular during his term.

And if you really want Melenchon and Le Pen to rise, it's the right thing to do!
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #626 on: March 28, 2014, 11:55:34 AM »

I really want Mélenchon to rise (well, rather the FG), and Le Pen has already risen, so... Plus I hate Valls and all he stands for.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #627 on: March 29, 2014, 06:29:28 AM »

I really want Mélenchon to rise (well, rather the FG), and Le Pen has already risen, so... Plus I hate Valls and all he stands for.
Oh please, dear God, no. This guy is so narcissic.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #628 on: March 30, 2014, 04:55:18 PM »

Mélenchon has pissed off too many people, more so than Le Pen.

Fabius and Ségo are being touted for PM. LOL.

Wasn't Fabius like... PM under Mitterand? Now that is what I call longevity...
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #629 on: March 30, 2014, 06:58:02 PM »

Fabius and Ségo are being touted for PM. LOL.

Wasn't Fabius like... PM under Mitterand? Now that is what I call longevity...

Yes, 1984 to 1986.
swl
France

« Reply #630 on: March 31, 2014, 03:28:39 AM »

Fabius prime minister and Juppé running for the UMP primary would really look like we are back in the 80s.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #631 on: March 31, 2014, 10:37:07 AM »

The fact that Laurent Fabius still has a political career, let alone that he's being mentioned seriously as a potential PM, is absolutely, utterly and in all other respects remarkable.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #632 on: March 31, 2014, 10:41:04 AM »

Hollande took Hash's advice. Valls will replace Ayrault, per RTL.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #633 on: March 31, 2014, 10:46:40 AM »

Valls is pondscum
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #634 on: March 31, 2014, 10:49:52 AM »

I somehow doubt Flanby named the Oberst-Gruppenführer for the same reasons I would have named him, but it'll do. Now we just need to pray that Valls becomes as unpopular as the plague and that he doesn't embarrass us further by making crass racist comments.

Le changement, c'est maintenant.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #635 on: March 31, 2014, 11:08:53 AM »

I somehow doubt Flanby named the Oberst-Gruppenführer for the same reasons I would have named him, but it'll do. Now we just need to pray that Valls becomes as unpopular as the plague and that he doesn't embarrass us further by making crass racist comments.

Le changement, c'est maintenant.
I'm pissed off. Aubry would have been much better, both as president and as prime minister.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #636 on: March 31, 2014, 11:18:19 AM »
« Edited: March 31, 2014, 11:21:32 AM by PASOK Leader Hashemite »

This comment on a Twitter account I follow (run by some elitist leftist communist bobo Jewish Arab Eurokrat) was rather fun:

Hollande réussit à installer une cohabitation sans même dissoudre l'Assemblée. Chapeau l'artiste.

ETA: rumours that Duflot is out of government
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #637 on: March 31, 2014, 11:29:54 AM »

ROFL.

I'm not sure the Green Party will support Valls. They will probably abstain.
Sir John Johns
France

« Reply #638 on: March 31, 2014, 11:49:53 AM »

The fact that Laurent Fabius still has a political career, let alone that he's being mentioned seriously as a potential PM, is absolutely, utterly and in all other respects remarkable.

What, because of Rainbow Warrior? I think the silent majority actually supported that operation once it came out.

Fabius was also involved in the AIDS-infected blood scandal and he had previously opportunastically switch inside the party from a very social-liberal stance to a slightly euro-sceptic and left-wing posture.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The radical left never supported Hollande.

BTW, according Le Monde, the job of prime minister was proposed to Jean-Yves Le Drian earlier this morning, but Le Drian declined the post. The name of Jean-Jacques Urvoas is mentionned as Valls's successor as interior minister.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #639 on: March 31, 2014, 12:47:32 PM »

Levons l'hypothèque Valls! Smiley
swl
France

« Reply #640 on: March 31, 2014, 02:28:17 PM »

They will wait until Wednesday to announce the new government because they do not want to do it on April Fools' Day. The only thing we know is that Duflot and Canfin are out.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #641 on: April 01, 2014, 05:14:35 AM »

Well I wouldn't quite say that actually. You know, even if the FN has conquered a dozen townhalls, doesn't mean that there are not still half of the French population that hate and despise everything the FN and Marine Le Pen stands for. I wouldn't say that much for Mélenchon, and I don't like him very much anymore.

Keep perspective.
Sir John Johns
France

« Reply #642 on: April 01, 2014, 02:07:07 PM »

Greenies won't be part of the Valls government despite Valls's promise to create a 'big' environment ministry including transport and energy matters, to give them three portfolios and to introduce a bit of proportional representation.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #643 on: April 01, 2014, 02:17:16 PM »

FdG, like FN, are never going to win an election any time soon

Are you sure that FN is not going to win national elections one of these days? When Sarko and that nasty catalan called Valls have almost the same speech, you can give for granted that FN has already won. The original and the copy, says Marine.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #644 on: April 01, 2014, 03:46:30 PM »

Greenies won't be part of the Valls government despite Valls's promise to create a 'big' environment ministry including transport and energy matters, to give them three portfolios and to introduce a bit of proportional representation.

Perhaps this will be a blessing in disguise for EELV, who can try and grab some protest votes from disenchanted left-wingers who dislike Vallis.

Are EELV's polls purely because they were attached to Hollande, or did they do some other dreadful electoral faux pas?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #645 on: April 01, 2014, 04:36:33 PM »

Perhaps this will be a blessing in disguise for EELV, who can try and grab some protest votes from disenchanted left-wingers who dislike Vallis.

Are EELV's polls purely because they were attached to Hollande, or did they do some other dreadful electoral faux pas?

They are polling very decently for a government party.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #646 on: April 01, 2014, 04:45:37 PM »

aren't they predicted to lose like half their MEP's?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #647 on: April 01, 2014, 04:51:29 PM »

Yes, but the 16% of 2009 were exceptionnal and often attri uted to the diffusion of the movie "Home" a few days before the election and the fact than PS was stuck in a painful leadership process. 10% would still be among their best results.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #648 on: April 02, 2014, 03:31:40 AM »

So, de Gaulle had 3 Prime Ministers, Pompidou and Giscard 2 each, Mitterrand 7 (2 cohabitations), Chirac 4 (one cohabitation), Sarkozy just one, and Hollande now reached 2.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #649 on: April 02, 2014, 04:06:22 AM »

Yes, but the 16% of 2009 were exceptionnal and often attri uted to the diffusion of the movie "Home" a few days before the election and the fact than PS was stuck in a painful leadership process. 10% would still be among their best results.
Yeah, they're never gonna equal their previous 16% score anytime soon. Polling 9 or 10 in the Euros would be pretty good.

Now that they are out of government, I predict they will be massively ahead of FG in the Euros. Like twice the score.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies