Another Hillary Clinton 2008 Timeline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:31:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Another Hillary Clinton 2008 Timeline
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Another Hillary Clinton 2008 Timeline  (Read 730 times)
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 20, 2012, 02:40:07 AM »

Yes, there have been several Hillary timelines, but this one differs because of the cause of it.... Tongue

February 10, 2007

"Fellow Americans. I know there's been some talk about me running for President. I would like to say that you guys are great. It's flattering that you want me so much to run for the Presidency.

However, I would like to say I am not going to be a candidate for the 2008 Presidential Election. While my name has gotten a lot of attention, I feel as if I am not ready to run in 2008, and would like to remain in the Senate for the near future. I shall endorse whoever the Democrats nominate. Thank you very much!"
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 11:34:20 PM »

Are you gonna continue this, it looks interesting.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 12:17:34 AM »

Yes. Tongue

After Barack Obama's shock announcement not to run, there was debate as to what would happen to the field.
Chris Matthews: With Obama out, that probably means Hillary gets the nomination.

Most people do seem to conclude that Hillary Clinton will end up with the nomination. Her money gave her a huge advantage anyway, and with Obama out, who would've garnered the votes of the vast majority of African-Americans and has more charisma in his pinky than most of the other people in the field do in their whole bodies, her path looks easier.

But is it? Daily Kos, a well-known progressive blog, are conducting a "Draft Gore" campaign to solve the race. John Edwards is still in it to win it, and he appears to be running to the left of Hillary. That could allow him to gain a lot of Obama's potential supporters and knock off Hillary. And there are still governors who are more electable than Hillary, such as Tom Vilsack and Bill Richardson, who can get an upset if Bush starts to improve. The others, such as Wesley Clark, Chris Dodd and Joe Biden are less likely to gain the nomination, and lack appeal to break out of the field.

Some moderate Dems are also trying to convince people such as Mark Warner, Evan Bayh, along with some surprises, such as Brian Schweitzer, Harold Ford, Tom Daschele, Brad Henry and Tom Carper. However, it is doubtful how many of interested, how electable they are (Daschele and Ford lost their bids for Senate seats), and whether they can win. In particular, Bayh took a look at the race and decided against it, and Warner appears to be gunning for John Warner's Senate seat when he retires.

With that said, the doubts about HRC are quite large, as some Dems don't think she's liberal enough, and seems intent to go with the flavour of America, and others feel she in unelectable. Nevertheless, she is the likely candidate.

The 44th President of the United States?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 12:29:58 AM »

February 10, 2007

"Fellow Americans. I know there's been some talk about me running for President. I would like to say that you guys are great. It's flattering that you want me so much to run for the Presidency.

However, I would like to say I am not going to be a candidate for the 2008 Presidential Election. While my name has gotten a lot of attention, I feel as if I am not ready to run in 2008, and would like to remain in the Senate for the near future. I shall endorse whoever the Democrats nominate. Thank you very much!"

Wow, that's probably the truest thing Obama never said.

I'm looking forward to this. Smiley
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 01:39:05 PM »

This looks promising.  I'll be watching this closely Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length