Statement on Education Policies of both Tickets
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:39:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Statement on Education Policies of both Tickets
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Statement on Education Policies of both Tickets  (Read 378 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 19, 2005, 11:32:52 AM »

Carbondale, IL

First off I would like to offer my deepest condolances to the families of Bill F Jones and and Joe O'Conner who were murdered for sticking up for their community. I hope that they're killers will be caught and sent down for a very long time.
As to the rumours of the NUM taking over the mines in question, I can confirm that we are looking into the possibility of doing it.

Now, I actually came here to talk about the education plans and policies of the two presidential tickets.

Put bluntly, they're both terrible. The LT/TD plan, although well intended, is far, far too high handed and directive driven, while the Kemperor/Alcon plan is just plain callous.

Micromanaging the education system from the centre is doomed to failure in a country as big and diverse as Atlasia, while just passing the buck on to another layer of government while treating education, which let me remind you is crucial to the future of our great nation, as if it were some form of consumer product is fundamentally irresponsible and will lead to rising racial, sectarian, ethnic and class divisions... and these are the last things we need right now.

Know what? I'm appalled at both tickets right now and I would like them to get a f****** clue about the problems with our education system (and Good Lord it's got a lot of them) and then propose sane solutions to them, something that neither ticket seems willing to do.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 11:40:47 AM »

*Applause*

Well said.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 01:04:55 PM »

Allowing localities to deal with education, which is what they do anyway, is callous and will lead to racial, sectarian, class, and ethnic divisions?  You have a very fatalist worldview.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies