David Axelrod: Mitt Romney 'Living On A Different Planet'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:34:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  David Axelrod: Mitt Romney 'Living On A Different Planet'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: David Axelrod: Mitt Romney 'Living On A Different Planet'  (Read 2701 times)
technical support
thrillr1111
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 10, 2012, 03:01:01 PM »

President Barack Obama's top campaign adviser David Axelrod went after Mitt Romney on Sunday for his recent comments about teachers, saying he was ignoring the need for more educators in the United States.

"We're not going to win, and our kids aren't going to win, unless we invest in education," Axelrod told host George Stephanopoulos on ABC's "This Week." "So I would suggest he's living on a different planet if he thinks that's a prescription for a stronger economy."He said the way Romney has responded to comments by Obama were revealing. After Obama said the "private sector is doing fine," speaking about the need for public sector job growth and calling on Congress to pass his jobs plan, Romney mocked the president, saying he "says we need more firemen, more policemen, more teachers." Romney said those statements went against what the American people want.

"What was most interesting is how he reacted to the spirit of the thing, because his statement was, 'We don't need any more teachers, we don't need any more firefighters or police,'" Axelrod said.

He said that he doubts Romney will be successful in his attacks, such as a web video out on Sunday featuring unemployed Americans.

"I think the American people are smarter than that," he said. "They understand the president called the press conference to say that because of the storm clouds that are rolling in from Europe and elsewhere, we need to undergird our economy."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 09:16:58 PM »

Axelrod really cracks me up!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 09:24:15 PM »

Keeping jobs cracks me up too!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 11:31:20 PM »

At least Gingrich was only on the moon.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 12:15:31 AM »

What planet? Kolob, perhaps?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 07:19:51 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2012, 07:21:59 AM by krazen1211 »

Axelrod, we already tried hiring millions of excess educators. See 1990 - 2008. It left state/local finances in ruin.

You succeeded in paying off your voters already.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 08:45:36 AM »

Axelrod, we already tried hiring millions of excess educators. See 1990 - 2008. It left state/local finances in ruin.

We can tell that the American educational system has failed; it has produced people like Krazen.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 09:14:23 AM »

Keep talking Axelrod. I love you.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 10:32:40 AM »

We can tell that the American educational system has failed; it has produced people like Krazen.

And yet, somehow, the NJEA convinces people like you to throw good money after bad.

Really, really funny.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 10:58:57 AM »

Is that Planet Kolob?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 11:21:36 AM »

And yet, somehow, the NJEA convinces people like you to throw good money after bad.

Really, really funny.

I, a Florida resident, throw money at the New Jersey Education Association?
WhyteRain
Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -2.78

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 12:01:41 PM »

Public education is to education as public housing is to housing.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 12:02:26 PM »

Really, really funny.

Of course. You are aware that obama offered a teachers union bailout back in 2009-2010?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 12:37:39 PM »

No; the two are vastly different. The general public rarely has the dubious privilege of living in public housing (except some senior housing that people actually care about) and doesn't care whether it is good. People do care about public schooling... and often attend school board meetings. Public education is all that is available to most kids. Sure, the expensive boarding schools of America's elite kids is better... but throw money at anything and you are likely to get high quality if you watch the results. 
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 12:54:51 PM »

No; the two are vastly different. The general public rarely has the dubious privilege of living in public housing (except some senior housing that people actually care about) and doesn't care whether it is good. People do care about public schooling... and often attend school board meetings. Public education is all that is available to most kids. Sure, the expensive boarding schools of America's elite kids is better... but throw money at anything and you are likely to get high quality if you watch the results. 

Tell that to the Barack Obama elementary school in Asbury Park.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 01:16:38 PM »

Whether or not the detailed criticism of Romney's plan or claims is effective, the mantra of repeating 'Romney's living on a different planet', 'Romney's out of touch', and any other variations which imply that Romney is too rich to have any understanding of ordinary people's lives or of practical reality is very effective.  The Bush senior treatment, essentially.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 02:15:09 PM »

Really, really funny.

Of course. You are aware that obama offered a teachers union bailout back in 2009-2010?

I am aware he saved the jobs of over 300,000 state workers (which admittedly does include teachers) through a jobs bill that aided state payrolls, yes. That supported state budgets, not a teacher's union, which is not part of the state government (obviously).
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 03:43:35 PM »

I can't help but think what terrible things Krazen's teachers have done or are doing to him.  But if his irrational hatred of the proffesion is any indication, I think he should go to the police
rather than rant on a internet board about the evil of teachers.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 04:21:29 PM »

I can't help but think what terrible things Krazen's teachers have done or are doing to him.  But if his irrational hatred of the proffesion is any indication, I think he should go to the police

No need to imagine.

http://www.bea.gov/iTable/iTable.cfm?ReqID=9&step=1

Take a look at the massive, disgusting growth of government payrolls. Parasites eventually drain their host.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 05:21:54 PM »

No need to imagine.

Take a look at the massive, disgusting growth of government payrolls. Parasites eventually drain their host.

You know a parasite is a creature who only take from it host and give nothing back, as only a complete moron can think that teachers fill that criteria, they are obvious not parasites.

Beside that as someone who lives in the real world, I'm hardly surprised that the state need to pay wages to teachers, or that the number of teachers increase as the American population increase in size.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 07:00:52 PM »

No need to imagine.

You know a parasite is a creature who only take from it host and give nothing back, as only a complete moron can think that teachers fill that criteria, they are obvious not parasites.

Beside that as someone who lives in the real world, I'm hardly surprised that the state need to pay wages to teachers, or that the number of teachers increase as the American population increase in size.

The unions themselves serve no purpose to society.

I'm not surprised that someone leftwinged can claim to life in the real world and continue to spew such nonsense. It's amazing to me that states like Pennsylvania that have lost student population over the last decade still somehow manage to hire an additional 15,000 education employees prior to 2010.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 07:02:25 PM »

No need to imagine.

They serve a purpose to teachers, who serve a huge purpose to society.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 07:21:28 PM »

Jobs are jobs, creating and/or saving them is critical regardless of them being public or private.
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2012, 07:26:04 PM »

I can't help but think what terrible things Krazen's teachers have done or are doing to him.  But if his irrational hatred of the proffesion is any indication, I think he should go to the police

No need to imagine.

I'm not surprised that someone leftwinged can claim to life in the real world and continue to spew such nonsense. It's amazing to me that states like Pennsylvania that have lost student population over the last decade still somehow manage to hire an additional 15,000 education employees prior to 2010.

As someone with a mother who works as a nurse, I can definitely vouch for unions having a purpose in society. They stand up for these people who have hard jobs, help them get higher wages, and prevent hospital managers from staffing as few people as possible on as many patients as possible. The management at these hospitals, ones who have never taken care of a patient, would have nurses working like dogs if they could.

For a recent example, a hospital in Massachusetts got into a lot of trouble recently for a wasteful spending scandal. It had hired and paid models $15,000 a day to recruit bone marrow donors, and then tried to bill insurance companies and the donors themselves for the privilege. When the scandal broke and the hospital got sued, they tried to force job cuts on nurses and administrators rather than punishing the management that caused the problem in the first place. The unions helped a lot of nurses save their jobs.

The private sector isn't benevolent, it is pragmatic first and at times can be cruel. I don't get why leadership gets to be pragmatic and look out for itself, but when the people down at the bottom join together to do the same, Republicans consider it to be a scourge on the public interest.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 06:09:28 AM »

No need to imagine.

The unions krazens themselves serve no purpose to society.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies