Imperial Bloc Convention in Tampa Bay
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:23:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Imperial Bloc Convention in Tampa Bay
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Imperial Bloc Convention in Tampa Bay  (Read 1652 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 11:54:25 AM »

Voting shall commence upon this being posted and end in 48 hours.

President
[1] Clarence/Yelnoc
[ ] Napoleon/Kalwejt
[2] Oakvale/Cincinnatus
[ ] Young Tweed/"Bald Mother F***er" Bgwah
[ ] Write-in:_________
[ ] None of the above.

Mideast Senator
[1] Ben
[2] JCL
[ ] Write-in:
[ ] None of the above.

Imperial Senator
[1] NC Yankee
[ ] Write-in:
[ ] None of the above

IDS Emperor
[1] PiT
[ ] Write-in:
[ ] None of the above.

Imperial Legislature
[1] Jbrase
[4] AdamGriffin
[3] Hagrid
[2] Mechaman
[5] Write-in: Bob Dylan
[ ] None of the above
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 10:23:23 PM »

As a result of our vote the official Imperial Bloc ticket is as follows:

President: Clarence/Yelnoc
Imperial Senator: NC Yankee
Mideast Senator: Ben

Emperor: PiT
IDS Legislators: Jbrase & Mechaman

----------------
I suggest we use the rest of our time to express our anger at the IDS being invaded by federal agents and the IDS Capitol in Memphis being occupied.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2012, 10:36:29 PM »

I suggest we use the rest of our time to express our anger at the IDS being invaded by federal agents and the IDS Capitol in Memphis being occupied.

My principal grievance is the misuse of the term legal tender. The Act does not make the Dibble legal tender; legal tender is defined as a medium of payment that is valid for meeting a financial obligation. If I am $100 in debt, I can attempt to pay the debt in pesos or jewelry or gold, but the seller does not have to accept that; however, if I attempt to pay in Atlasian dollars, it must be accepted. As the Dibble can be refused in private business, it is not a legal tender and thus does not violate the Constitution.

Plus, the Constitution specifically states that no region may mint currency; apparently a private company manufacturing and distributing a coin is a region establishing a currency. We the region are not producing, creating, or solely utilizing Dibbles; it's a private enterprise. And this is ignoring the fact that it's specifically designated as not a currency, which would indicate it's nor a currency.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 10:44:55 PM »

I find it mildly humorous that we never established what company it was. It's just a nondescript private company.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2012, 10:48:15 PM »

PiT, perhaps it is for the best we never publicly named the company or they could be looking down the business end of and FBI agents assault rifle at this moment. Tongue

--------
Well put SJoyceFla, and trust me this shall be addressed in court. My anger however is not at the justice department's threat to sue us, which I am confident we would win, it is directed at the fact that at this very moment the people's elected Government of the IDS has been forced to flee from its own Capitol, while Memphis and other southern cities are being occupied by the feds.

tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2012, 11:05:01 PM »

I find it mildly humorous that we never established what company it was. It's just a nondescript private company.

PiT, I would suggest you have the Federal agents currently occupying the South arrested, as no statutory laws are alleged to have been broken, even if there were statutory laws said agents were operating without a warrant, and even with if there were a statutory law and they had a warrant there is no legal basis for attacking the Capitol Building.  They are therefore guilty of armed robbery, kidnapping, and false arrest, and must be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2012, 11:18:19 PM »

PiT, I would suggest you have the Federal agents currently occupying the South arrested, as no statutory laws are alleged to have been broken, even if there were statutory laws said agents were operating without a warrant, and even with if there were a statutory law and they had a warrant there is no legal basis for attacking the Capitol Building.  They are therefore guilty of armed robbery, kidnapping, and false arrest, and must be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

That's an excellent idea. They have not confessed to kidnapping or arresting anyone, but the Attorney General has gone on the record as having pilfered our stores of non-legal tender.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2012, 11:26:05 PM »

That's an excellent idea. They have not confessed to kidnapping or arresting anyone, but the Attorney General has gone on the record as having pilfered our stores of non-legal tender.

They haven't "arrested" anyone?  Just armed robbery and breaking and entering/trespassing then.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2012, 06:18:57 AM »
« Edited: June 16, 2012, 10:47:56 AM by Modern-Day McCarthy »

They haven't "arrested" anyone?  Just armed robbery and breaking and entering/trespassing then.

Even if those charges don't work, we'd still need transport costs back. It costs a lot of money to transport a whole government (and $25 billion in Dibbles).
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2012, 10:52:32 AM »

So I've joined the ASRHF. Just letting you know I'll continue to work closely with the Imperial Bloc in fighting for Southern interests and'll be as much a part of the Imperial Bloc as Lieberman and Sanders are a part of the Democrats.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies