Please Point Out
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:34:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Please Point Out
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Please Point Out  (Read 3131 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 17, 2005, 06:31:30 PM »

Could all those who say the Dems need a new name please show specific examples right here of people who registered with the Dems not knowing about other parties, and then didn't change. If they originally go with us, but then immediatly change after learning more, that is ok, and doesn't count for purposes here.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 10:59:12 PM »

I can't think of any of that type offhand, but there are many times when a person registered with the AFDNC and then switched when another member told him about other parties (if you want to see specific examples, I'm sure I could dig some up).  It's not really fair to force the other parties to have to actively tell every new member about the other parties while the AFDNC just gets to sit back and watch members come in, occasionally getting diverted through finding out that other parties do, in fact, exist.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 05:21:12 AM »

I can't think of any of that type offhand, but there are many times when a person registered with the AFDNC and then switched when another member told him about other parties (if you want to see specific examples, I'm sure I could dig some up).  It's not really fair to force the other parties to have to actively tell every new member about the other parties while the AFDNC just gets to sit back and watch members come in, occasionally getting diverted through finding out that other parties do, in fact, exist.

Well said.

Also, Akno knows fully well that it would take enormous time and effort to go through all those old registrations to find who are activeand who are not. It's an obvious fact. The Democrats have almost no candidates to run, since they rely so heavily as a party on inactive voters.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 06:58:15 AM »

Well said.

Also, Akno knows fully well that it would take enormous time and effort to go through all those old registrations to find who are activeand who are not. It's an obvious fact. The Democrats have almost no candidates to run, since they rely so heavily as a party on inactive voters.

You've got a point. However, it seems as if the center's biggest talking point is that we get unlimited new voters, but it would be helpful to find evidence of those voters.

Also, keep in mind, there are a lot of people who are left-wing, but not radical-liberal on both social and economic values.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 10:46:30 AM »

Well said.

I agree with you in principle that that would be a bad thing, Gustaf, but as Akno is saying, some evidence would be nice. No one is asking anyone to go through every registration, but the current list of registered voters is easily available, and it would be nice for people to at least point out who on the list is inactive so that we can talk specifics, not generalities.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 11:30:16 AM »
« Edited: January 18, 2005, 12:01:03 PM by Peter Bell for Mideast Governor »

Alcaeus (DE) - Last active Dec 7th; Last post on Nov 11th. Last 15 were non-fantasy and date back to 31st Oct. I personally don't remember him whatsoever.

Cashcow (DE) - He's active elsewhere, but I can't say I remember him doing anything in here.

Since I am here, is Danwxman (PA) really a Dem considering he has blue avatar? Sort of turns the whole avatar voting thing on its head. He's not particularly active here either.

Doug D Wise (MT) - Originally a Republican, then to Democrat, again, rather strange. Last active Dec 4th. Did do things when here.

EarlAW (NY) - Activish on the forum; His only contribution to fantasy politics was to register on Nov 28th.

English (MN) - Last post was Dec. 3rd. Again I think his sole contribution was to register. He was active on the rest of the forum it has to be said. Lacks an avatar declaration.

Ethelberth (ME) - Lacks an avatar declaration. His sole acts have to been to register and vote.

Julien (PA) - Has made 4 posts to the fantasy forum, the last of which was to vote.

Kevinstat (ME) - Last act was to vote in the October elections. Is sorta active.

nclib (NC) - I'm not willing to traul through 1622 posts to find when he was last active here, but I know from memory it wasn't recently.

phknrocket1k (CA) - he's a opeboesque troll anyway; Don't remember when he last did anything in here; Too many posts to bother to check.

which brings me to Opebo (MO) - is a troll and underwent some strange conversion in Thailand from all accounts. Why has he re-registered anyway? Its not like he's active here.

Red Button (NY) - his lack of posts has so amused me, I'm linking them. Last active Nov 27th, which was in itself the act of registration. A grand total of 22 posts accumulated in the astounding time frame of 52 minutes.

Reignman (WA) - Last active Dec 24th. Dating back to mid-October he never did anything here.

Romeomustdie (NY) - Last active Dec 21st. Not horribly active before that here, though he did vote in both October and December elections.

Smash255 (NY) - Active elsewhere. I have no memory of this guy being in fantasy politics.

tkwrinklefiber (CA) - Last active Nov 12th. Sole contribution was registration.

Thats about 15 inactive voters out of 35 Democratic members. Obviously there are a few more since that was last updated; I'll randomly guess you have about 45 members now. A third of your voters are inactive in fantasy politics, if not complete deadwood altogether.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005, 11:46:50 AM »

And now, the same thing for the Republicans...Wink
Julien would be the one obvious example of a red-avatar man who doesn't belong in the Atlas Democrats at all.
The Red Button thing is why I like redefeatush's proposal of having a time rather than a posts threshold for registering in Atlas Fantasy Elections.
Dan is a Rocket-JFraud-type, I don't know why he's currently sporting a blue avatar.
And I'd rather you don't refer to people active on the forum but not in the Fantasy Elections section as "inactive"...this section is for Forum members' amusement, NOT the other way round.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2005, 11:56:09 AM »

And I'd rather you don't refer to people active on the forum but not in the Fantasy Elections section as "inactive"...this section is for Forum members' amusement, NOT the other way round.

I'm not. When I give a "last active date" that was quite literally the last time their userid logged onto the forum. If I bother to find a last fantasy active date, I post that too.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2005, 12:11:22 PM »

Excellent work Peter.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2005, 12:25:59 PM »

I'm not. When I give a "last active date" that was quite literally the last time their userid logged onto the forum. If I bother to find a last fantasy active date, I post that too.

Well, your list includes several people who are totally active...but I just noticed it lists more than 15 names. Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2005, 04:22:26 PM »

Well, I was wrong, someone was willing to do this...once again the AFDNC is proved wrong. Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2005, 04:26:50 PM »

Red Button (NY) - his lack of posts has so amused me, I'm linking them. Last active Nov 27th, which was in itself the act of registration. A grand total of 22 posts accumulated in the astounding time frame of 52 minutes.

Another one I suspected was only here to vote. I guess that is the case.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2005, 04:28:50 PM »

Hmmm...after reviewing his posts, he didn't even vote. Odd. However, he did come in the middle of the surge of Dem registrations when IrishDem wasn't looking great in terms of re-election. I'm still suspicious.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2005, 04:30:53 PM »

Hmmm...after reviewing his posts, he didn't even vote. Odd. However, he did come in the middle of the surge of Dem registrations when IrishDem wasn't looking great in terms of re-election. I'm still suspicious.

Could this be *gasp* a second fraudulent registration? Cheesy Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2005, 04:31:43 PM »

It's a sad situation when I have to consider that a possibility. I still don't believe we got the full story on GirlGoneWild.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2005, 04:34:16 PM »

Reading through his posts, that is very odd.  It looks very similar to GirlGoneWild.  If this is true, it looks like a fake account that is sitting unused due to the GirlGoneWild situation.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2005, 04:34:37 PM »

It's a sad situation when I have to consider that a possibility. I still don't believe we got the full story on GirlGoneWild.
Still, it makes no sense not to have the guy vote in that case. Also, when they revealed GirlGoneWild they could just as well have revealed that guy too...perhaps he's actually the only person NOT part of an AFDNC scheme, legit or not, to register...that's the only reasonable explanation behind him not voting. Wink
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2005, 04:35:41 PM »

Still, it makes no sense not to have the guy vote in that case. Also, when they revealed GirlGoneWild they could just as well have revealed that guy too...perhaps he's actually the only person NOT part of an AFDNC scheme, legit or not, to register...that's the only reasonable explanation behind him not voting. Wink

Or perhaps after GirlGoneWild they decided to cut their losses and not use the other one?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2005, 04:36:58 PM »

If IrishDem had admitted to making two accounts, I think he knows he'd be in for much, much more criticism.

Just so everyone knows, I'm not saying that Red Button was IrishDem but I think the suggestion is justified.
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2005, 05:46:52 PM »

If IrishDem had admitted to making two accounts, I think he knows he'd be in for much, much more criticism.

Just so everyone knows, I'm not saying that Red Button was IrishDem but I think the suggestion is justified.

Do we really need to bring it up again?  You all won the election, IrishDem screwed up, case closed.  It isn't worth discussing again.

In regards to the original purpose of the thread, I personally think that it doesn't make sense to have to change the name of the AFDNC.  I mean, this is fantasy politics, but if we have to distance ourselves from real politics to the point of changing the party names, the whole thing loses the real-life basis that makes many people interested, and just makes the whole thing ridiculous.  Just my thought on the matter. Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2005, 05:50:47 PM »

Do we really need to bring it up again?  You all won the election, IrishDem screwed up, case closed.  It isn't worth discussing again.

It is worth discussing. We don't want this to happen again and I believe there is more to the story.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2005, 05:54:31 PM »

Ah yes another Move On Dem. You can't always just move on from an issue that is unsettling for you. It happened and if you didn't want as much critisism for the Phillygate scandel you should have denounced IrishDem as soon as you had known about the allegations and possibly consider some sort of intra party action against IrishDem, ie expulation from the party.

Anyway we discuss this so we can find ways to catch people like IrishDem before their fraudulent voters vote. If you don't talk about it then you don't see what happened and how to stop it. So unless you want to see it continue I think it is good that we continue to bring it up.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2005, 06:02:34 PM »

For the record, I'm fine with discussing that event as an isolated event.  I'm really getting tired of the "all AFDNC members commit voter fraud" line, however.  I would like to think that we, as mature citizens, are above asserting a Hasty Generalization fallacy over and over without regards to its falsity.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2005, 09:36:06 PM »

And now, the same thing for the Republicans...Wink

Very Well.

9iron (MI) - Active elsewhere; Can't remember when he last did something in here.

AuH2O (VA) - Active elsewhere; Can't remember when he last did something in here.

Chiahead (PA) - Last fantasy post Dec 12th; Barely active elsewhere.

Dazzleman (CT) - Active elsewhere; Can't remember when he last did something in here.

Erc (NY) - Active elsewhere; Can't remember when he last did something in here.

JJ (PA) - Whilst being a brilliant, active poster elsewhere, he is inactive in here.

Lester Maddox (GA) - Last active Dec 20th; Only a few posts when he was here (grand total of 36)

Moorein08 (ID) - Last active Dec 11th; Only a few posts when he was here (grand total of 21)

Mr Fresh (ID) - Was this guy resurrected simply to vote? I think so.

ncjake (FL) - Last active Oct 29th; Sole fantasy contribution was to register.

NHPolitico (NH) - Rather inactive since the beginning of December; Its been a while since he was active here.

Rococo04 (OH) - Last post on Dec 14th; Personally, I don't remember this guy that much.

Sulfur (NH) - Last 2 posts: Jan 8th, Nov 17th; Was actually active here when he was posting.

Wiseguy (FL) - Total of 7 fantasy posts since registering on Dec 14th, though not very active elsewhere.

Thats 9 totally inactive out of 27 registered Republicans. There's probably about the same number right now since MHS2002 and CheeseWhiz have moved to other parties, and the Republicans probably have picked up a few registrants.

So, here's my conclusion:

The two major parties translating into Atlasia will have a third of its membership that is deadwood.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2005, 10:27:06 PM »

Keep in mind that even if you don't post on this board, you can get to know the candidates and their views from other places on the forum, since most of us post all over the place.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies