Olmert: Jerusalem must be partitioned
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:30:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Olmert: Jerusalem must be partitioned
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Olmert: Jerusalem must be partitioned  (Read 10182 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 20, 2012, 03:56:37 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/former-israeli-pm-jerusalem-must-partitioned-134037256.html
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 03:58:18 PM »

So even this idiot is capable of showing common sense?
danny
Israel

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 06:55:28 PM »

A good thing he's a former PM.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 07:20:29 PM »

I hate empty quoting. But this must be seconded.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 07:22:10 PM »

Indeed.
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 07:45:11 PM »

East Jerusalem really ought to be the capital of Palestine and, in my opinion, it is imperialistic of Israel to seek to preserve full control over the entire city and make efforts to marginalize and/or assimilate the Arabs living there.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 09:03:32 PM »

Amen!!!

The reason I agree is look at Jerusalem now- Christians and Muslims can enter and worship. Look at Mecca- only Muslims are permitted toenter. East Jerusalem has sites holy to many faiths and I worry what the result of Palestinian control would be for worshipers
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 09:14:02 PM »

Amen!!!

The reason I agree is look at Jerusalem now- Christians and Muslims can enter and worship. Look at Mecca- only Muslims are permitted toenter. East Jerusalem has sites holy to many faiths and I worry what the result of Palestinian control would be for worshipers

Considering how many Palestinian Christians there are, the statuses of Jerusalem and Mecca in Islam, and the fact that the Palestinian Authority is not the House of Saud, this is a fairly ridiculous point. Are Jews and Christians banned from Istanbul or Cairo?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 09:29:57 PM »

Amen!!!

Palestinians are fairly moderate Islamists, unlike the Saudis.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 09:48:31 PM »

Amen!!!

I think I've heard that in terms of religious praxis even Hamas is more moderate than the House of Saud, even though they're obviously more extreme in the political sense. Is there any truth to this?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 09:56:09 PM »

Hamas hasn't restricted women's suffrage (Women were not allowed to vote at all in Saudi Arabia's meaningless municipal elections until like two years ago), grants driver's licenses to women (not done in Saudi Arabia with the reasoning being it'd make it easier for them to be adulterous) and hasn't banned all non-Islamic religions.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 10:20:59 PM »

Hamas hasn't restricted women's suffrage (Women were not allowed to vote at all in Saudi Arabia's meaningless municipal elections until like two years ago), grants driver's licenses to women (not done in Saudi Arabia with the reasoning being it'd make it easier for them to be adulterous) and hasn't banned all non-Islamic religions.
Well, it's not exactly hard to be better on human rights than the House of Saud.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 11:09:09 PM »

I always wonder, how much controversy even the most mundane statements of the obvious cause in that part of the world. Olmert, BTW, was the first right-wing Israeli mayor of Jerusalem - he knows what he is talking about. But, I guess, soon even a claim that 2x2 is equal to 4 is going to become controversial in that Holy Land.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 11:14:55 PM »

That's what I thought but I was in the middle of something an hour and a half ago and couldn't go and look up specific examples. Thanks.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 11:52:02 PM »

There will be never peace in Middle East as long Israel doesn't stop to claim the whole of Jerusalem, it's sure.

So, I can see than some posters here are pro-war.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 12:53:57 AM »

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 01:02:12 AM »

...I agree, but agreeing with the most incompetent PM in Israeli history makes me reconsider my position.  Surely if Ehud Olmert believes something you believe, it's time to reevaluate.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 01:24:48 AM »

...I agree, but agreeing with the most incompetent PM in Israeli history makes me reconsider my position.  Surely if Ehud Olmert believes something you believe, it's time to reevaluate.

You forget, he had been a quite competent mayor of Jerusalem.
NY Jew

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 05:32:38 AM »

Amen!!!

please tell that to my cousin who was shot at and had one of her good friends murdered by a terrorist.
please tell that to another one of my cousins who was injured with his wife in a suicide bombing.

any other lies you want to spread?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 07:18:21 AM »

Amen!!!

please tell that to my cousin who was shot at and had one of her good friends murdered by a terrorist.
please tell that to another one of my cousins who was injured with his wife in a suicide bombing.

Some Palestians in the Hamas are killing people for political reasons, therefore, all Palestinians are bad.
Some White Americans in the KKK were killing people for political reasons, therefore, all White Americans are bad.

It's a bit unfair, no?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 07:23:00 AM »

Amen!!!

Yeah... let's keep the entire Jerusalem and help the terrorists growing up stronger every day and harm more people like your cousin.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 07:30:54 AM »

Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 07:31:18 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2012, 06:10:16 AM by afleitch »

UNSUBSTANTIATED BULLS--T DELETED BY MODERATOR.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 01:12:14 PM »

Amen!!!

There is no such thing as "moderate" Muslim.

Do you know anything about the Muslims outside of some neobolshevik propaganda crap?
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2012, 01:47:09 PM »

Amen!!!

There is no such thing as "moderate" Muslim.

Do you know anything about the Muslims outside of some neobolshevik propaganda crap?
I live in a city where lives about 2 millions Muslims, I saw how they act here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies