Airline insanity (Kalwejt and I in Warsaw!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:47:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Airline insanity (Kalwejt and I in Warsaw!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Airline insanity (Kalwejt and I in Warsaw!)  (Read 5143 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2012, 03:10:10 PM »

Thought this needed a change in name.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2012, 04:04:32 PM »

You met at an airport? That's super creepy. I tend to meet people from forums at rest stop bathrooms.

Nope, we meet at downtown.

Oh, well that's different.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »

Does this mean you've met some dead ones? Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2012, 04:32:01 PM »

Until now I only meet strange avatars, like

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2012, 04:57:19 PM »

You met at an airport? That's super creepy. I tend to meet people from forums at rest stop bathrooms.

Guys, I think Andrew has multiple personality disorder and one of them is Larry Craig.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2012, 08:44:33 PM »

How do you like Poland? My grandmother was from there, so it's on the bucket list.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2012, 10:52:26 PM »

Kalwejt and I met in Warsaw a short while ago! Was a very nice day. About to board flight to Helsinki...

You seem over dressed.  It's summer ya know?  Oh yeah, it's winter over there what with the different hemisphere and all.

And Kal....dark socks and shorts?  Printing on a collared shirt?  What are you, European or something?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2012, 12:02:29 AM »

Franzl seems to be dressed just OK, after getting out of an airplane that is usually cooled down to a ridiculously low 0°C due to their ridiculous overuse of airconditioning ... Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2012, 05:36:56 AM »

And Kal....dark socks and shorts?  Printing on a collared shirt?  What are you, European or something?

Guilty as charged.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2012, 08:30:56 AM »

Since clothing difference seemingly became a big issue here, weather in Poland is unpredictable this year (similary to the year before Tongue). At the morning, it was windy and rather cold. When I was leaving to meet with Franzl, it was sunny and warm. At some point it changed to windy again.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2012, 09:47:36 AM »

Well I might very well do the same thing, so if you are insane Franzl, I am in a zone for which no word has yet been coined (I could probably manage to cut down my pot consumption by a few percent or give Mittens a bit less money to cover the difference and so forth and so on). The insanity of airline pricing structures and procedures, and airlines in general, and airports in general, must be undermined and frustrated in every way possible. Fight back!  Bring it all down!  And with the money saved, savor even more what you eventually spend it on.

You don't fly first class?

Never.  That is a waste of money.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2012, 10:33:11 AM »

Well I might very well do the same thing, so if you are insane Franzl, I am in a zone for which no word has yet been coined (I could probably manage to cut down my pot consumption by a few percent or give Mittens a bit less money to cover the difference and so forth and so on). The insanity of airline pricing structures and procedures, and airlines in general, and airports in general, must be undermined and frustrated in every way possible. Fight back!  Bring it all down!  And with the money saved, savor even more what you eventually spend it on.

Never.  That is a waste of money.

So, you're not only a rich white Republican California lawyer, but also penny-pinching too.

Another day, another dissapointment regarding Torie Sad
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2012, 03:59:16 PM »

This trip wasn't bad at all. Actually very much enjoyed seeing Warsaw and Helsinki aling the way Smiley

If only the screaming children hadn't been on Manchester-Chicago...
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2012, 10:58:19 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2012, 11:49:58 PM by Torie »

Well I might very well do the same thing, so if you are insane Franzl, I am in a zone for which no word has yet been coined (I could probably manage to cut down my pot consumption by a few percent or give Mittens a bit less money to cover the difference and so forth and so on). The insanity of airline pricing structures and procedures, and airlines in general, and airports in general, must be undermined and frustrated in every way possible. Fight back!  Bring it all down!  And with the money saved, savor even more what you eventually spend it on.

Never.  That is a waste of money.

So, you're not only a rich white Republican California lawyer, but also penny-pinching too.

Another day, another dissapointment regarding Torie Sad

I am a spendthrift when it comes to spending on my body!  Tongue  I am not a pinch penny.  But I parse the pleasure or good versus the expenditure, to see if it pencils for me. You don't want to know what I spent on my face lift. Smiley  Putting aside special expenditures like the face lift, I probably spend about 100K/year on myself, for housing (imputed rental value of house), food, auto, medical, entertainment, travel, etc. And that is just on myself - one person. Given tax obligations, one needs to earn about 150K to do that, unless using savings.  I consider that I live pretty lavishly. But I don't spend to impress, or because of personal insecurities. I would be almost as happy living on about half of what I spend. I mean that. I know what has meaning to my life, and what does not.

Almost all of my wealth when I die will be going to charity. I am very hostile to the idea of inheritance, beyond modest amounts. So whatever I "pinch penny" now will eventually be going to charity.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2012, 10:01:41 AM »

But I don't spend...

Almost all of my wealth when I die will be going to charity. I am very hostile to the idea of inheritance, beyond modest amounts. So whatever I "pinch penny" now will eventually be going to charity.

OK, so how does this make sense, buddy?  You deny yourself something in order to give it to charity?  That's crazy!  You should spend it all up, leave nothing behind.  Charity is offensive and counterproductive anyway.

I presume you have flown first class either just to try it out or when padding a legal-expense-account?  I never have, unless you count one 3 hour trip on Philippine airlines first class (bumped up) - that was only just barely to a first class standard I suspect.  I'm curious, for a trip to Thailand, what do  you suppose would be the round trip cost of a first class ticket?  I can never find such prices online.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2012, 03:02:20 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2012, 04:06:16 PM by Torie »

But I don't spend...

OK, so how does this make sense, buddy?  You deny yourself something in order to give it to charity?  That's crazy!  You should spend it all up, leave nothing behind.  Charity is offensive and counterproductive anyway.

I presume you have flown first class either just to try it out or when padding a legal-expense-account?  I never have, unless you count one 3 hour trip on Philippine airlines first class (bumped up) - that was only just barely to a first class standard I suspect.  I'm curious, for a trip to Thailand, what do  you suppose would be the round trip cost of a first class ticket?  I can never find such prices online.

The only times I have flown first class were once with a client where the client was paying, and he had upgrade points to first class, and once with my Dad when I was eight years old, and he was flying first class on business paid for by the company for which he worked. I flew with him from LAX to NYC, and stayed there with him for a week at the Essex House on the south end of Central Park (I have a signed Altman lithograph of a painting of Central Park in the winter that I dearly love in part because it has the Essex House in the background bringing back those memories for me).

You can imagine my sense of wonderment at seeing the Big Apple for the first time at that age. It was far better than Disneyland!  I do remember getting out of the plane at La Guardia Airport, and asking my Dad what was wrong with the air. The airport back then in 1959 was not air conditioned, and it was the first time in my life that I was exposed to hot humid air. That incident seems like yesterday in my mind. I can picture the spot in my mind's eye where I was standing in that dumpy airport making my inquiry about the stale and noxious air.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2012, 03:10:15 PM »

Another impressive tale of great privilege, Torie!  I always enjoy them, on several levels.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2012, 03:43:54 PM »

I'm curious, for a trip to Thailand, what do  you suppose would be the round trip cost of a first class ticket?  I can never find such prices online.

These things are very variable but I remember it was around 8-9k from NYC-BKK several years back.  Id say you it would be a few grand cheaper if you booked in advance or several grand more depending on a/l, day of week etc.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2012, 04:41:34 PM »

Another impressive tale of great privilege, Torie! 

This forum cannot go to bed without listening to one of these stories!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies