The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:27:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 261580 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: March 13, 2013, 11:30:17 PM »

Thank you. A little.

(I still think that your post was bad. I admit that my posts were abrasive. I maintain that that was appropriate.)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1501 on: March 14, 2013, 02:49:32 PM »

I hope Winfield's arm isn't in a brace from patting himself on the back too hard.

2 days.

I believe this conclave will end fairly quickly.  The Cardinals know what the church requires in a Pope at this time, and they will make their choice accordingly and quickly.

Good call.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1502 on: March 14, 2013, 03:07:37 PM »

They shouldn't be able to vote, period. They'll always vote Republican to protect their corporate asses in whatever way possible out of greed & selfishness because they know whatever Republican incumbent is President would give all of them huge tax breaks. At least those who vote Democratic or anti-Republican care about the greater whole of the nation.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1503 on: March 14, 2013, 10:54:33 PM »

Bushie, on why he thinks Republicans are less likely to be child molesters:
Well, Republican states tend to be more religious than Democratic states, though that's debatable, and small towns in deep red states are usually even more conservative and religious than the big cities, so you wouldn't automatically suspect a deep red, small town citizen to be a predator.
Obamanation
United States

« Reply #1504 on: March 14, 2013, 11:39:18 PM »

They shouldn't be able to vote, period. They'll always vote Republican to protect their corporate asses in whatever way possible out of greed & selfishness because they know whatever Republican incumbent is President would give all of them huge tax breaks. At least those who vote Democratic or anti-Republican care about the greater whole of the nation.

That's not absurd, ignorant, or bad.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1505 on: March 15, 2013, 05:31:22 AM »

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1506 on: March 15, 2013, 06:15:09 AM »

What happened is that we had a RINO candidate that threw the conservative base overboard - and millions of conservatives stayed home
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1507 on: March 15, 2013, 10:58:06 AM »

I hope that's sarcastic.  Otherwise, you guys are pretty much surrendering Democratic principle.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1508 on: March 15, 2013, 04:35:57 PM »

I hope that's sarcastic.  Otherwise, you guys are pretty much surrendering Democratic principle.

Don't look at me, I voted to nominate Obamanation's post as horrible. Tongue

Oh of course I knew what you were doing (which seems to, so far, be quite logical from my pov), however 20RP12 is harder to figure out.  Given the empty quoting.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1509 on: March 15, 2013, 04:43:25 PM »

I can't make sense of it either, I think I meant to type something, but forgot to. It was pretty early in the morning.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #1510 on: March 15, 2013, 06:30:58 PM »

I hope Winfield's arm isn't in a brace from patting himself on the back too hard.

2 days.

I believe this conclave will end fairly quickly.  The Cardinals know what the church requires in a Pope at this time, and they will make their choice accordingly and quickly.

Good call.

Mods, I would really look into a potential Winfield Sock all things considered. (See the General White thread)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1511 on: March 15, 2013, 07:46:31 PM »

2 days.

Good call.

Mods, I would really look into a potential Winfield Sock all things considered. (See the General White thread)

What? Is Winfield making a sock to congratulate himself that happens to have the same display name as him?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1512 on: March 15, 2013, 08:07:04 PM »

2 days.

Good call.

What? Is Winfield making a sock to congratulate himself that happens to have the same display name as him?

And has the same number of posts...
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1513 on: March 15, 2013, 11:12:01 PM »

It's just Winfield being Winfield.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1514 on: March 16, 2013, 01:48:36 PM »

At the risk of me being intolerant:

Satan has tried to steal the joy several times over the past 12 months, but to this point he has utterly failed! 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1515 on: March 16, 2013, 02:16:19 PM »

At the risk of me being intolerant:

Satan has tried to steal the joy several times over the past 12 months, but to this point he has utterly failed! 

You must be Satan, Mr. Kemp.  Tongue
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1516 on: March 17, 2013, 01:08:42 PM »

When I get home from church this afternoon, I will be getting into the Sunday paper and map out my strategy this week.  I am going to search for three weeks, because that's the earliest date that the plane tickets will be purchased for Kenya in June.  If I have not started a job or if I have not received a guaranteed offer by 6:00 pm on Friday, April 5, 2013, I will suspend the job search until I get back from Africa and resume my job search on Monday, July 1, 2013.  I am not about to throw away a $2,000 plane ticket and I'm not about to waste the money of that generous donor.  I will look as hard as I can for the next three weeks, but starting on Monday, April 8, 2013 it is all about Kenya for the entire second quarter of 2013 until Monday, July 1, 2013

Jeff, you are running cover for your own excuses here. You are passive aggressively, half a$sing the job search. You know that you could get yourself out of this. As I mentioned you could try to auction this up or something.  You could pay your benefactor off that way and maybe even raise some money for the charity. And the plane tickets aren't in your bleeding name.  Come on man. You know you are in no position to be charitable here. This is a vanity project that someone is footing the bill for.

So, you are saying I should not even go to Africa period in 2013 or 2014 and auction this benevolence to the highest bidder?  Are you out of your mind?

patrick has a job and pays his bills.  He just wants you to do the same.

And not fulfill what I was called to do?  I'm sorry, but I take my faith seriously, it is not a laughing matter.  I never said I was going to do the job search haphazardly, I was brought up to not spit in the face of someone who gives you something.  If this plane ticket it bought and I, personally, don't use it, I will be spitting in the face of that benefactor.  I'm better than that.

Oh, by the way, I will be moving to Kenya in 4 years.  I have been mocked for wanting to do what GOD has told me to do.  I do not own my life.  God owns my life and He will do with it what He pleases.  I will have a job soon, but I refuse to spit in His face and I refuse to spit in the face of my benefactor.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1517 on: March 17, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »

I am not going to postpone my life just because I don't have a job and I will actively enjoy life while I'm trying to rebound.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1518 on: March 17, 2013, 05:04:14 PM »

What convinces me that President Obama is not a Boomer is -- of all things -- the whacking of Osama bin Laden. Even if an elite military team did it at his order and he was fully justified, the style reeks of "gangland hit". Barack Obama knows his history, apparently including the sordid part of Chicago history. Al Capone would have admired it.

I couldn't decide wether to put it here or in the Goldmine, but since it's pbrower I'll put it here.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1519 on: March 17, 2013, 10:20:44 PM »

Ya know, I can't even remember. I put it up there a long time ago. I think it might've been to troll someone. I really forgot it was even there until you reminded me. The only thing I remember about what flag I put up was that I had a Vietnam flag during the 2008 election season as an anti-McCain symbol.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1520 on: March 17, 2013, 10:34:11 PM »

Ya know, I can't even remember. I put it up there a long time ago. I think it might've been to troll someone. I really forgot it was even there until you reminded me. The only thing I remember about what flag I put up was that I had a Vietnam flag during the 2008 election season as an anti-McCain symbol.

Wtf.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1521 on: March 17, 2013, 10:37:04 PM »

Anyone who wasn't here in 2008 doesn't even know the half of it in regards to how much of a vicious zealot I was back then.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1522 on: March 18, 2013, 09:56:52 AM »

Anyone who wasn't here in 2008 doesn't even know the half of it in regards to how much of a vicious zealot I was back then.

You are beyond redemption.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1523 on: March 18, 2013, 10:25:00 AM »
« Edited: March 18, 2013, 10:53:37 AM by Parks And What You Meant To Me »

For admitting I was over the top in 2008?

Not that I'm particularly bugged by that, after it's similar to what Seth MacFarlane would do. Family Guy has had jokes about dead Vietnam veterans and torturing McCain before after all.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1524 on: March 18, 2013, 11:08:52 AM »

With Shakespeare I just found his stuff boring. Hideously so. It was also incredibly predictable and never had any interesting plot twists or anything like that, and the dialogue was stilted and unwitty. I also hated the long drawn out monologues some characters would do, now granted this is also a tactic good writers use, like Tarantino does all the time (such as Leo's large rant with his bleeding hand in Django Unchained, or Brad Pitt's opening speech in Inglourious Basterds or the Christopher Walken scene in Pulp Fiction, etc.) but he keeps the monologues interesting and easy to follow. Plus the actors get to go crazy with them, not really present in Shakespeare's plays. Truthfully we have posters on this forum with a more interesting, witty and funny writing styles, opebo and Tweed are both far superior. So yeah just wasn't fond of his stuff.

Yeah!  Who needs that fusty old William Shakespeare when we have opebo for all our literary needs!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies