Congratulations, our on-site Romney supporters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:49:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Congratulations, our on-site Romney supporters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Congratulations, our on-site Romney supporters  (Read 6055 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 10, 2012, 02:04:40 PM »

As much as I disagree with your goal, your candidate is now, in fact, a presumptive nominee for President and you guys earned a right to celebrate this.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 02:08:07 PM »

Onward!

Kudos to Team Santorum for being a loyal adversary.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 02:13:18 PM »

Is race is not over by any stretch of the imagine. Paul surge a coming.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 02:13:48 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2012, 02:20:38 PM by Senator Scott »

no

Anyway, I for one cannot congratulate Internet trolls.  Sorry.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 02:16:04 PM »

And MLK was a conservative Roll Eyes
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 02:39:24 PM »

If it wasn't for the valiant efforts of Winfield and Politico, this day may never have happened.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 02:53:53 PM »

Thank you!

Congratulations to Phil and the Santorum campaign for a hard-fought campaign. Now its time for our party to join forces and focus on defeating President Barack Obama.

MITT 2012
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 03:01:13 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2012, 03:04:26 PM by Torie »

Thank you. I hope Mittens uses his time wisely, to focus on both what issues he will focus in on, and how, with plausible detail that will survive media inspection as to his claims, and  most important of all, to work on his presentation. He needs some good coaching, and the humility to realize that he sucks at it, and needs to improve, projecting more confidence, and more being at ease with himself. Maybe he needs a real good therapist for that.

Reading the above, and trying to be realistic, rather than pollyannaish, I wonder if I will end up being Mittens' harshest critic around here, even while supporting him. Tongue
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 03:02:45 PM »

Newt Gingrich has not yet dropped out. This thread is premature.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 03:03:36 PM »

Newt Gingrich has not yet dropped out. This thread is premature.

What are the odds of a sudden Newt surge, though?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 03:04:18 PM »

Screw you Mittbots.

I am now I-TX. Die in a fire.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 03:34:07 PM »

Thank you. I hope Mittens uses his time wisely, to focus on both what issues he will focus in on, and how, with plausible detail that will survive media inspection as to his claims, and  most important of all, to work on his presentation. He needs some good coaching, and the humility to realize that he sucks at it, and needs to improve, projecting more confidence, and more being at ease with himself. Maybe he needs a real good therapist for that.

Reading the above, and trying to be realistic, rather than pollyannaish, I wonder if I will end up being Mittens' harshest critic around here, even while supporting him. Tongue

The best supporters are those who speak what is on their mind, rather than being yes men. I have never been shy to criticize the failures of Romney's campaign team. This should have been over long ago.

Screw you Mittbots.

Ben Kenobi/Sg0508

"My way or the highway politics, for a better tomorrow"

Even if their ways are polar opposites.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 03:45:48 PM »

Senator North Carolina Yankee.

"Vote for the Whigs, slavery if necessary, but not necessarily slavery".

The GOP is doomed.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 03:56:43 PM »

No, no, guys, you're doing it wrong!

Can you Be on mitt Team?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 03:58:16 PM »

Vote Mitt, tomorrow's another policy!
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 04:05:11 PM »

No, no, guys, you're doing it wrong!

Can you Be on mitt Team?

Ah, that old Polish sense of humor. Grin That was that guy from Iowa, what was his name again? I can't remember now.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 04:22:16 PM »

"Vote for the Whigs, slavery if necessary, but not necessarily slavery".

The GOP is doomed.

No, the Republicans are in a situation much like that of the Democrats in 1860 and 1861. Another party has stolen a large number of voters in other regions and thus made them dependent upon an isolated and shrinking southern base, for whom the numbers going forward are just dreadfull. So to make up for it, that southern base starts making unreasonable, "my way or the highway" demands imposing their beliefs on other regions and peoples who think differently and state that as being the only way to preserve their freedom and rights is to deprive someone else of theirs. And if they don't get their way, theys gonna be gone. The establishment of the party is taking over by them for a few years, which hastens the decline of the party elsewhere. Then the party nominates a northern moderate who appeals to both sides.

What happened next back then:
The base takes a hike and runs another candidate. The opposition wins and gets everything they wanted, the entire platform.  The base goes onto commit treason and gets defeated, its cause eliminated as a legitimate political movement.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 04:29:09 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It wasn't until 1913 that the Democrats successfully nominated another candidate who won 2 elections in a row, plus it triggered a civil war.

Frankly, that's the mood of the south here. The south does not want gay marriage, abortion, unions or the other northern crap, and they willl not vote for a candidate on the record of supporting such.

Romney pushed for gay marriage in MA, pushed for public funded abortion in MA, pushed to force MA to pay for health care coverage. Now you may believe in all those things, but there is already a party that believes in those things and it's called the democrat party.

Just like the Whigs, where a fault line has erupted, the Northern Republican party insists on gay marriage, publicly funded abortion, and health care coverage, and they don't care about destroying the republican party to get it.

Now, you've got it but at the cost of alienating the south. Your strategy is doomed. 100 percent doomed. The south is your last bastion - you cannot win the north.

What makes you think that the north would win this time? Texas alone could take the rest of you on.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 04:32:08 PM »

Screw you Mittbots.

How mature!
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 04:37:18 PM »

What makes you think that the north would win this time? Texas alone could take the rest of you on.

We have already won, again. Take a look at South Florida, Northern Virginia or the Triangle of North Carolina. Texas is changing too. There won't be a "South" as we have known it, in 20 years.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 04:39:01 PM »

It wasn't until 1913 that the Democrats successfully nominated another candidate who won 2 elections in a row, plus it triggered a civil war.

Frankly, that's the mood of the south here. The south does not want gay marriage, abortion, unions or the other northern crap, and they willl not vote for a candidate on the record of supporting such.

Romney pushed for gay marriage in MA, pushed for public funded abortion in MA, pushed to force MA to pay for health care coverage. Now you may believe in all those things, but there is already a party that believes in those things and it's called the democrat party.

Just like the Whigs, where a fault line has erupted, the Northern Republican party insists on gay marriage, publicly funded abortion, and health care coverage, and they don't care about destroying the republican party to get it.

Now, you've got it but at the cost of alienating the south. Your strategy is doomed. 100 percent doomed. The south is your last bastion - you cannot win the north.

Cool story bro. Roll Eyes
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 04:41:31 PM »

Thank you!

Congratulations to Phil and the Santorum campaign for a hard-fought campaign. Now its time for our party to join forces and focus on defeating President Barack Obama.

MITT 2012

Agreed.

Now, are we looking at the Romney Realignment?

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 04:43:46 PM »

And what have you won?

I suspect the Yankees said the same back in 1865. Wasn't true then, wasn't true now. There will always be folks willing to stand in defense of liberty and fight for what the country stood for.

Yes, you have 'won' but I suspect you won't like what you've 'won'.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 04:45:07 PM »

50-0? That would be something!
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 04:46:09 PM »

1) You don't grasp the idea of nuance.

2) The number of people take the exact position you do, is 25%. In what world do you live in that 25% is enough to win an election.

3) I am not the one forcing anyone to take on positions you don't like. I want to utilize states rights and the 10th amendment so that 30 years from now, MA isn't dictating what side of the bed you sleep on. If you want one man and one woman in Texas, you can have that and if MA wants to allow Gay Marriage, that is their call. But that is too much a concession for you guys. Anything less then the FMA and you belong in the Democratic Party. In 20 to 30 years you guys will be facing a different FMA, one that legalizes Gay Marriage across the country and it will be you guy's fault for legitimizing the precedent. That gets us back to point number 1. You guys are shooting yourself in the foot and you don't even realize it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies