2004 Pres Election Results by precinct, Orleans Parish
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:04:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Pres Election Results by precinct, Orleans Parish
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 Pres Election Results by precinct, Orleans Parish  (Read 5394 times)
Storebought
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 12, 2005, 09:25:13 PM »
« edited: January 12, 2005, 09:48:41 PM by Storebought »

Of course, Bush lost Orleans 77% to 22%. But unlike that Leftist circus nightmare San Francisco, Bush did manage to win a few precincts in the city, thus making an analysis the parish interesting.

By far and away his best district was LA House-99 (precincts 4-09 through 4-23; 5-17, 5-18; 7-41-7-42; 17-17 through 17-21). He also won a few precincts in the Uptown neighborhoods in LA House-98 (precincts 14-6 through 14-11). The rest of the city is a Democrat morass, where Bush more often than not didn't break 100 votes per precinct.

For reference, District 93 is Downtown-French Quarter and District 91 is the Garden District (Tulane U, Audubon Park). I've forgotten the names of the other parts of the city.

I also note the three precincts where the Democrat received over 1000 votes (precinct 2-07 in the center of the city; 9-44 E and P in LA-100 in Orleans East). Those are the locations of the housing projects where Master P and C-Murder used to "shoot" their vidoes.

Secretary of State Precinct Data for Orleans Parish
http://www.sos.louisiana.gov:8090/cgibin/?rqstyp=elcmpct&rqsdta=1102040101714136

The precinct map, provided by the (ick) League of Women Voters. Although beautifully drawn, note how the Republican precincts are not numbered on the map (as PDF; see links at bottom of screen):

http://www.lwvno.org/votereducation/default.htm

I would do a real map myself if I had the expertise.

NOTE: I put this topic here b/c the 2004 Presidential Election Thread had been trolled to death. And I do mention state House districts...

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 10:39:07 PM »

Interesting stuff.  Thanks for posting it.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 10:55:46 PM »

I know there are sites where you can make election maps by template, but I don't know where they are.

I would do East Baton Rouge Parish next
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 10:58:57 PM »

I know there are sites where you can make election maps by template, but I don't know where they are.

I would do East Baton Rouge Parish next

I don't know actually.  Wish I could help you there.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 12:06:03 AM »
« Edited: January 13, 2005, 12:13:44 AM by AFCJ KEmperor »

Of course, Bush lost Orleans 77% to 22%. But unlike that Leftist circus nightmare San Francisco, Bush did manage to win a few precincts in the city, thus making an analysis the parish interesting.

By far and away his best district was LA House-99 (precincts 4-09 through 4-23; 5-17, 5-18; 7-41-7-42; 17-17 through 17-21). He also won a few precincts in the Uptown neighborhoods in LA House-98 (precincts 14-6 through 14-11). The rest of the city is a Democrat morass, where Bush more often than not didn't break 100 votes per precinct.

For reference, District 93 is Downtown-French Quarter and District 91 is the Garden District (Tulane U, Audubon Park). I've forgotten the names of the other parts of the city.

I also note the three precincts where the Democrat received over 1000 votes (precinct 2-07 in the center of the city; 9-44 E and P in LA-100 in Orleans East). Those are the locations of the housing projects where Master P and C-Murder used to "shoot" their vidoes.

Secretary of State Precinct Data for Orleans Parish
http://www.sos.louisiana.gov:8090/cgibin/?rqstyp=elcmpct&rqsdta=1102040101714136

The precinct map, provided by the (ick) League of Women Voters. Although beautifully drawn, note how the Republican precincts are not numbered on the map (as PDF; see links at bottom of screen):

http://www.lwvno.org/votereducation/default.htm

I would do a real map myself if I had the expertise.

NOTE: I put this topic here b/c the 2004 Presidential Election Thread had been trolled to death. And I do mention state House districts...

I wouldn't characterize Tulane as being part of the Garden District.    The Garden District is further towards downtown and a bit closer to the river.  Of course, many Tulane students live in that area, but most tend to live in the neighborhoods surrounding the school itself, based around Broadway, Ferret, and Maple Streets.  14 13A was my old location.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 12:26:31 AM »

My mental map of NOLA always has Tulane/Audubon Park closer to Downtown than it really is (around Napoloeon St, in fact). I'm too slackassed to take a look at a proper map, and I haven't been there in a while.

But judging from the election returns, it certainly qualifies as a left-wing stronghold:

14-13A: 603 D, 245 R

I would like to say, "you can't do much worse than that", but in fact, you can
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies