Santorum: Horrible father
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 07:15:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum: Horrible father
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Santorum: Horrible father  (Read 2167 times)
BM
BeccaM
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 05, 2012, 10:48:02 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57390798-503544/santorum-complains-about-getting-his-kids-through-college

So he's continuing to squander their futures knowing he has no chance, and publicly whining about it. Another unsurprising moment from this disgusting man.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 10:51:47 PM »

I've heard people call Rick Santorum a lot of things. Never heard him called a horrible father.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 10:52:37 PM »

That damn conservative. I'll tell you what those kids would've been better off had the government just came right in and done it their way. See this is what we're up against in the election folks. We gotta get these liberals out of office.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 10:52:50 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57390798-503544/santorum-complains-about-getting-his-kids-through-college

So he's continuing to squander their futures knowing he has no chance, and publicly whining about it. Another unsurprising moment from this disgusting man.

He actually owns some condos in State College, PA.  His kids can afford to go there, believe me.  
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 11:00:10 PM »

Be careful if they go there lol.
ajb
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 11:03:10 PM »

He actually owns some condos in State College, PA.  His kids can afford to go there, believe me.  

And he should be pleased with how high Penn State's tuition is -- it's an appropriately entrepreneurial response to steadily decreasing contributions from state government over the past decade.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 11:10:24 PM »

And he should be pleased with how high Penn State's tuition is -- it's an appropriately entrepreneurial response to steadily decreasing contributions from state government over the past decade.

I'm sure he is; he's renting them out.  I kind of doubt Penn State will be getting more money anytime soon.  Cough Sandusky Cough
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 01:16:52 AM »

I've heard people call Rick Santorum a lot of things. Never heard him called a horrible father.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 01:18:40 AM »

I hate Santorum as much as anyone, but he's just bitching about the price of college for 3 college students.  That's a legitimate gripe that lots of Americans have.
ajb
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 01:21:08 AM »

I hate Santorum as much as anyone, but he's just bitching about the price of college for 3 college students.  That's a legitimate gripe that lots of Americans have.
It's a legitimate gripe, but Republicans at the state level generally believe in cutting state funding for universities. So it's a little inconsistent to complain when tuition goes up.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 01:22:46 AM »

It's a legitimate gripe, but Republicans at the state level generally believe in cutting state funding for universities. So it's a little inconsistent to complain when tuition goes up.

Is that the only cause though?  What about private schools that aren't tied to public money?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 01:24:32 AM »

No one in their right mind can call Rick Santorum a horrible father.  He took time off from the campaign trail to be there with his sick child.  This is a man who puts family before politics.  I probably won't vote for him if he wins the nomination, but I do admire this man for taking time out of the campaign trail where he could be stumping for votes and trying to get a job and actually being a father to his baby girl and a husband to his lovely wife.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 01:49:44 AM »

ajb
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 02:01:05 AM »

Is that the only cause though?  What about private schools that aren't tied to public money?
Of course. But public universities used to provide a comparable education for drastically less money. Now they offer a comparable education for less money.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 02:01:18 AM »

Was Santorum able to pass off the cost of the education of his many offspring to the taxpayers of an area that he doesn't actually live in again?
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 05:15:46 AM »

No one in their right mind can call Rick Santorum a horrible father.  He took time off from the campaign trail to be there with his sick child.  This is a man who puts family before politics.  I probably won't vote for him if he wins the nomination, but I do admire this man for taking time out of the campaign trail where he could be stumping for votes and trying to get a job and actually being a father to his baby girl and a husband to his lovely wife.
I'm sorry but if he was a woman he'd be criticized for running for president with such a sick child at all.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 06:56:31 AM »

Is this a meme or something? Seriously.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 08:53:08 AM »

He made $1.3 million in the last two years.  I really don't think he has to worry.
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 09:01:42 AM »

What a snob.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 09:18:26 AM »

I'm sorry but if he was a woman he'd be criticized for running for president with such a sick child at all.

It's the natural role of the mother to tend to the children and the natural role of the father to go out and win the bread. It's been that way since the cavemen hunted during the day and the women stayed in the cave with the children. Also, I don't have any proof that a woman would be criticized in this case. This is just a terrible attack on a family man.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 01:38:07 PM »

Why are you so sexist?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 01:44:21 PM »

What?
You don't think its ok to be sexist...or racist?
I guess its ok to be sexist if you never want a girlfriend/boyfriend. lol
Volrath50
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -5.57

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 02:06:22 PM »

AFAIK, Rick is a millionaire, even if just barely, so I doubt he'll have any real problems.

From what it looks like, this was just him trying to relate to voters struggling to pay for college. I imagine if Romney had tried to relate to people in this way, he would have bungled it horribly.

Anyway, for all his political faults, Rick Santorum looks like a pretty good guy, on a personal level.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 02:12:36 PM »

Rick is struggling about as much as my parents were at sending his kids through college. I wouldn't call him a horrible father, but methinks he is stretching the truth just a bit.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 02:27:49 PM »

So you can't complain about the price of gas if you don't support having the government give people free gas?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies