Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 06:50:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 27
Author Topic: Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)  (Read 56620 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: April 02, 2013, 05:08:40 PM »

Now that my laptop has been restored, I will begin the process of finding an interim Representative to fill the vacancy created by Fezzyfestoon.  If you were interested in temporarily filling his seat, please send me a PM.  Later, I will announce a special election for Friday, April 12th, in which two vacant Assembly seats will be filled.  This should give Assembly hopefuls plenty of time to declare and campaign if they desire to.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #251 on: April 03, 2013, 06:06:31 PM »

Greetings.

As many of you know, the past year has been a very intense period for Atlasia's political parties.

The People's Party has dispersed, the Labor Party has gained tremendously, and the Federalist Party is finally gaining prominence.

However, as I have observed, and many others as well, the Liberal Party has drifted to a state of decline.

I fear that my party has long forgotten the values it was founded on.  I fear we have been reduced to a state of personality cultism, one that will not live on with the heavy demands of the game.

Therefore, after some consideration, I have decided to once again, start a new political party.

The Light Party, as it is named, is reaching out to citizens who tire of the same old party business as usual and seek a renewal of the game and the relationships that exist in it.  It is not a recreation of the Liberal Party, nor is it another JCP.  But it is a movement dedicated to peace, cooperation, a fresh start, and revived enthusiasm.

While my views are indisputably center-left, I am reaching out to all people who share those desires.  I am proud to have members coming from both sides of the political spectrum, such as Governor Tmthforu94 of the Mideast, as well as Sjoyce.

I encourage our citizens - both Northeasterners and non-Northeasterners, to give our brief platform a thorough review and join with their conscience.  I want all people to be a part of this growing movement.

Thank you for your time.

Governor Scott
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #252 on: April 03, 2013, 06:18:08 PM »

I love how Nix joins Labor under the chief justification of wanting to reduce poverty and believing Labor is the best means of doing so, and within hours we get a new party that's basically SUPER DUPER REALLY ANTI POVERTY, SEE? HOW ABOUT NOW? SEE?.

Sorry for being such a pill and all, but this just seems like yet another grab bag of policy ideas designed specifically to appeal to people who don't want to join one of the present major parties for one reason or another. "The Light Party"? What does that mean? Nothing, really, because it's meant not to.

The Light Party, as it is named, is reaching out to citizens who tire of the same old party business as usual and seek a renewal of the game and the relationships that exist in it.  It is not a recreation of the Liberal Party, nor is it another JCP.  But it is a movement dedicated to peace, cooperation, a fresh start, and revived enthusiasm.

zzzzzz
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #253 on: April 03, 2013, 06:27:03 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2013, 06:55:40 PM by Governor Scott »

I love how Nix joins Labor under the chief justification of wanting to reduce poverty and believing Labor is the best means of doing so, and within hours we get a new party that's basically SUPER DUPER REALLY ANTI POVERTY, SEE? HOW ABOUT NOW? SEE?.

Actually, I've been an advocate for quite some time of moving the Liberal Party in a more populist/anti-poverty direction.  Not that we were ever "pro-poverty" or "anti-poverty policies" (I don't think any party was, to be honest), but we merely disagreed on how poverty could best be eradicated.  The Light Party retains its message of economic pragmatism, but I don't see how in principle we're more "anti-poverty" than any other well-intentioned party.  It's not all black-and-white.

So please, quit being a hack, don't butt into affairs you know nothing about, drop the lame-ass assumptions, and grow up.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Uh, no.  Read the planks.

zzzzzz
[/quote]

You're the President, now.  Start acting like it.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #254 on: April 03, 2013, 06:58:00 PM »

The Light Party retains its message of economic pragmatism, but I don't see how in principle we're any more "anti-poverty" than any other well-intentioned party.  Quit being a hack, don't butt into affairs you know nothing about, drop the lame-ass assumptions, and grow up.

You are kidding, right? Half of your initial policy announcement is a grab bag of weirdly specific anti-poverty ideas in a way that basically no other party has put forward in their founding thread. Opening a new party by specifically calling out rural electrification is pretty oddly particular.

If you want to know about my "lame ass assumptions" here, here's another one: The reason I called you out for basically sounding like you were desperately appealing to Nix is because I know for a fact that you've essentially ripped off his own ideas. Before he decided to join Labor, he and I discussed him considering his ideas for creating a new party, and this was what he said in a blind CC from a week or two or three back:

Quote from: Restricted

Alright! Let's!

Well, at least I don't plagiarize.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #255 on: April 03, 2013, 07:07:51 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2013, 07:52:40 PM by Governor Scott »

Rural electrification was one of my own ideas.  I'll admit that the planks themselves are a little vague, because I did not expect the party to become so popular less than eight hours after it was started, but all of the planks are ideas I've long supported.  I assure you that none of my opinions have changed.

And you know, it's funny.  Nix told me was honored to see a couple of his ideas included in our preliminary platform.  If you don't believe me, ask him.  Nix is staying with Labor because he doesn't have the energy for a project like this, and he doesn't want to be accused of rebooting TPP.  So, I decided to pursue the project myself and incorporate some of my original proposals.  You are the only one who's gotten all butthurt about it.

If you want to start drama somewhere, Mr. President I would suggest you either: write a blog about it, cry about it, tell your mommy and daddy about it, sing about it, cut yourself -- I honestly don't care.  But just know that you're only making yourself look bad by continuing to make this a big deal.  And the voters will remember your actions in June. Wink
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #256 on: April 03, 2013, 07:14:26 PM »

Oh, and honestly, when did plagiarism even become a thing here?  Some of my policies have been mimicked before (such as the Mideast farm bill), and y'know what?  It makes me happy when people do that, because it tells me that I'm doing a good job as a contributor to the game.  It also builds friendships because it allows people to work across partisan and geographical aisles to achieve common goals.  Take JCL, for example.  We borrowed his anti-trafficking bill in the Northeast and he played a major role in its advocacy.  And JCL is the last person you'd expect me to agree with here on anything.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #257 on: April 03, 2013, 07:15:33 PM »

Very well, Nix.  I will credit you in the thread right now.  Problem solved, no drama necessary.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #258 on: April 03, 2013, 07:51:00 PM »

Well, now that that little matter is taken care of, I look forward to seeing the Liberal Party's latest protectorate flourish!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #259 on: April 03, 2013, 08:06:04 PM »

Well, now that that little matter is taken care of, I look forward to seeing the Liberal Party's latest protectorate flourish!
Very Presidential.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #260 on: April 03, 2013, 08:40:30 PM »

Very Presidential.

Indeed.  The least he could do is add voter intimidation to his record.  Complete the transformation, no?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #261 on: April 03, 2013, 09:58:00 PM »

Very Presidential.

Indeed.  The least he could do is add voter intimidation to his record.  Complete the transformation, no?
Roll Eyes
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #262 on: April 04, 2013, 10:54:52 AM »

Is being insufferable a prerequisit of being President ? Or does it come afterwards with the office ?...
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #263 on: April 07, 2013, 09:23:16 AM »

Just a reminder to all Northeasterners that there will be a special election to fill two Assembly seats starting next Friday.

Also, we still do not have a full slate of Assembly candidates for the general election.  If you are considering a run, please decide ASAP!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #264 on: April 07, 2013, 06:31:10 PM »

Today I had the honor of speaking with former Senator Spamage, writer for the new newspaper, The Atlas Tribune.  I am posting my interview here for public viewing.

Today I had the tremendous honor of sitting down for an interview with Governor Scott, the Light Party Founder and Northeast Governor. Throughout the interview I asked 5 questions and received clear and straight to the point answers.

Spamage (SP) "Governor, first off I'd like to welcome you but then If you don't mind me asking, what inspired you to create the Light Party and how do you respond to criticism directed at it that it is a quasi-TPP or Liberal party,  or protectorate, as the President referred to it?"

Gov. Scott (SC) "Thank you, Spamage.  It's good to be here. Smiley

If I may, I'd like to respond to your first two questions in one answer.

As I told others, I did not choose to form the Light Party for the purpose of creating a more leftist or rightist version of the Liberal or Labor parties.  Personally, I identify as a center-leftist with both populist and libertarian tendencies, and if I absolutely had to stick with one of the two primary left-wing parties, I would have stayed with the Liberals.  People have compared our goals to those of other parties, but that just isn't the point.

From my observation, Atlasia was in need of something brand new and dynamic.  It needed something that I felt, personally, was pragmatic enough and progressive enough, but not something that would carry the potential of alienating people who opt not to join us - and, given the well wishes non-members have given us, I'm pleased that that's been mostly accomplished.  Now, our number is small, but we have successfully appealed to a wide audience with diverse belief systems."

SP: "I mentioned the President in my last question and it is partially a segway into this coming question. What do you think of President Marokai? It seems to be there has been some tension between yourself and him following the formation of the Light Party."

SC: "I think the President, like most everyone else, wants what's best for the country, but I won't lie.  We don't always see eye-to-eye on the issues, and there was some controversy during the time of his cabinet selection that I prefer not to go into.  I was also frankly surprised at his reaction to the formation of our new party, but I understand the President is entitled to his opinion.  I don't know how much longer I'm going to be around in this game, but I want to use the time I have left in my term to improve the region as well as the game, even if that means being on the opposite side of the President every now and then.  But life is short, and I don't want to have a rivalry with him or anyone else."

SP: "You mentioned that you may not be here forever, but during what time you are here do you have any presidential ambitions. And why or why not?"

SC: Well, Spamage, at some point I would like to seek elected office again after my term.  What office, I honestly can't say.  I have contemplated the idea of running for President, but it's not my number one priority now, and I will look at my options further as time goes on.

SP: Speaking of yuor term, Governor, what do you think your greatest accomplishments have been since you've taken up the title of Governor and do you have any goals for the region for the rest of your term?

SC: Well, Spamage, we've accomplished a lot in the Northeast.  I've had the pleasure of working with a number of people, both in the Assembly and in my cabinet.  Not every single one of our goals has been accomplished, however, we've covered some key essentials.

We've reduced the bureaucracy of the government, incentivized job creation, grew our surplus to record highs, and what I think is most important - established a comprehensive education program that's tailored to the needs of all our pupils.  And none of this would be possible if it weren't for our Representatives - especially Snowball and Sirnick - as well as the involvement of Senator Nix.  I honestly could not have asked for a better team when we pushed these reforms.

Our region has also enjoyed immense support from the nation and its citizens during tragedy.  I honestly can't put into words what I felt the day those young children and teachers lost their lives on 12/14 - especially since this happened in my hometown.  I cried all day and weeks afterward.  And we're still working on rebuilding the communities that were impacted by Hurricane Sandy.  The Northeast Region has seen much tragedy, but our collective strength and love has served as an example to our world.

My most important goal for the Northeast now is to continue to oversee the growth of our society and our economy.  Unfortunately, the Assembly has been quite slow recently, and that's why I'm hoping to see a strong slate of Northeasterners on the ballot later this month.  Today, I introduced a bill based on a real-world proposal in Congress that would expand the availability of mental healthcare to our children, and I'm enthusiastic that the Assembly will approach this the way it should be.

Thank you very much for this interview, and good luck with your new paper.

SP: Thank you, governor!

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #265 on: April 13, 2013, 10:59:45 AM »

After careful consideration and taking the opportunity to hear what Northeasterners think about my future plans, I have decided to seek an unprecedented third term as Governor of the Northeast Region.

My campaign will officially launch after the Assembly election.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #266 on: April 13, 2013, 11:00:06 AM »

110% Endorsed! Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #267 on: April 13, 2013, 11:02:41 AM »

Thank you, Governor!!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #268 on: April 13, 2013, 11:26:45 AM »

After careful consideration and taking the opportunity to hear what Northeasterners think about my future plans, I have decided to seek an unprecedented third term as Governor of the Northeast Region.

Andrew aka Big Daddy served three consecutive terms, out of like a million total. Wink
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #269 on: April 13, 2013, 11:30:23 AM »

Andrew aka Big Daddy served three consecutive terms, out of like a million total. Wink

He did?

Why am I not surprised? Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #270 on: April 13, 2013, 02:12:33 PM »

Yes, don't insult my husband. He is the reason why you are where you are today!

Thanks.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #271 on: April 13, 2013, 07:46:20 PM »

I appreciate the shout out from Maxwell. Smiley But I would never run against Scott for Northeast Governor. And I wouldn't vote against him unless I was on fire, and his opponent had the water to quench the flames. Tongue

You may take this as an endorsement if you like. Wink
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #272 on: April 13, 2013, 07:48:51 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2013, 02:57:25 PM by Governor Scott »

Thanks for your support, guys! Smiley

Endorsements
Governor Tmthforu94 (Light-IN)
Senator Averroës Nix (Labor-NY)
Senator Matt (Federalist-VT)
Rep. Kalwejt (Liberal-VT)
Fmr. Rep. bore (Labor-RI)
Speaker Snowball (Labor-NY)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #273 on: April 13, 2013, 08:06:46 PM »

My role kind of prevents me from issuing any formal endorsement, but from what I've seen, you've been a great governor. Good luck. Smiley
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #274 on: April 14, 2013, 06:23:46 AM »

Endorsed
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 27  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies