Private schools
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:34:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Private schools
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Poll
Question: Is there any circumstance where you would send your kid to a private school?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Private schools  (Read 24594 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: January 17, 2005, 03:25:54 AM »

The private school kids have the wildest parties on the weekends; because thier so damn religously strict and expierence a backlash. 

Usually these kids end up being wealthier and top-customers of drug dealers; who wants to sell drugs to poor kids, theres no cash in that, and it all intertwines together.

But quality-wise public schools are about equivalent or better over here.  Even better if you take the dollar-to-education ratio, into account.

What a sheer stupidity.

Come over here, you might not like what you see.

Thats how private-school kids are.  Those kids are literally willing to give up thier Playstations and iPods for marijuana.

I'm not sure if its the religous strictness that causes this, but its a problem. Its a boon for the drug dealers because all the wealthy kids are in one spot.

Of course there are private school kids that are addicted to drugs and will do anything for drugs but there are just as many public school kids who would do the same. It's such a sad thing. However, to blame it on the "religious strictness" and the "experience of a backlash." Who do they experience a backlash from? Most of their friends go to a private school.

Private school kids rebel for the same reason rich kids do; they are bored, and desire to be "different." It's slumming - they do it to feel included, for attention, or because they are tired of hearing they had everything handed to them.

It's a psychological desire we all have - we tend to overdo things to make our lives sound harder than they are, even if we will immediately turn around and defend them. It's the way we all work.

I guess I'm not part of that rebel group. It's not how I work. Oh darn.  Smiley

Not everyone rebels so severely.

You have never, however, lied about your school work load or your academic history to appear like you struggled against more severe odds? Never sort of implied that you are from Philadelphia without saying you are from the suburbs to make people for a moment think that you are from the big city? Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #176 on: January 17, 2005, 03:29:37 AM »

The private school kids have the wildest parties on the weekends; because thier so damn religously strict and expierence a backlash. 

Usually these kids end up being wealthier and top-customers of drug dealers; who wants to sell drugs to poor kids, theres no cash in that, and it all intertwines together.

But quality-wise public schools are about equivalent or better over here.  Even better if you take the dollar-to-education ratio, into account.

What a sheer stupidity.

Thats how private-school kids are.  Those kids are literally willing to give up thier Playstations and iPods for marijuana.

I'm not sure if its the religous strictness that causes this, but its a problem. Its a boon for the drug dealers because all the wealthy kids are in one spot.

Of course there are private school kids that are addicted to drugs and will do anything for drugs but there are just as many public school kids who would do the same. It's such a sad thing. However, to blame it on the "religious strictness" and the "experience of a backlash." Who do they experience a backlash from? Most of their friends go to a private school.

Private school kids rebel for the same reason rich kids do; they are bored, and desire to be "different." It's slumming - they do it to feel included, for attention, or because they are tired of hearing they had everything handed to them.

It's a psychological desire we all have - we tend to overdo things to make our lives sound harder than they are, even if we will immediately turn around and defend them. It's the way we all work.

You have never, however, lied about your school work load or your academic history to appear like you struggled against more severe odds? Never sort of implied that you are from Philadelphia without saying you are from the suburbs to make people for a moment think that you are from the big city? Wink

I never whine about my school work load. I don't complain and hate to hear other's complain at school when they make it seem like they had to stay up for hours upon hours doing homework when I know our homework doesn't take that long.

I don't know why I would imply that I am from Philly without saying I am from the suburbs since I am actually a resident of the city, Alcon. I am from the big city. Northeast Philadelphia is part of the city of Philadelphia.   Tongue
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #177 on: January 17, 2005, 03:45:15 AM »

What a sheer stupidity.

I never whine about my school work load. I don't complain and hate to hear other's complain at school when they make it seem like they had to stay up for hours upon hours doing homework when I know our homework doesn't take that long.

I don't know why I would imply that I am from Philly without saying I am from the suburbs since I am actually a resident of the city, Alcon. I am from the big city. Northeast Philadelphia is part of the city of Philadelphia.   Tongue

I'm aware it is. However, your party of Philly is definitely a bit different than downtown Philly.

Then you are a freak. End of story. Wink
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #178 on: January 17, 2005, 11:09:53 AM »

If you don't rebel as a teen, you are not human Kiki
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2005, 11:29:19 AM »

I take offense to that! Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #180 on: January 17, 2005, 12:16:01 PM »

OK, Mr. Alien Kiki
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #181 on: January 17, 2005, 12:38:16 PM »

What a sheer stupidity.

I'm aware it is. However, your party of Philly is definitely a bit different than downtown Philly.

So is most of the city. And I don't think you knew that I was from the city. If you did you wouldn't say "Never sort of implied that you are from Philadelphia without saying you are from the suburbs." The point is that I am a resident of the big city of Philadelphia. If everyone outside of Center City (downtown) said, "We are a bit different than downtown so we aren't really part of this big city." than you'd be left with downtown and the "big city" would lose most of it's population and not be a big city anymore.

And I guess that I, too, am an alien because I have not rebelled.  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies