Anrea Yates Conviction Overturned
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:14:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Anrea Yates Conviction Overturned
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anrea Yates Conviction Overturned  (Read 1070 times)
GLOBAL DICTATOR
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 06, 2005, 06:50:41 PM »

What do you all think about this travesty of Justice? Yates, the woman who drowned all her kids had her conviction overturned by the Texas Appelate Court. Now she can have a new "COSTLY" trial.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 07:09:29 PM »

What do you all think about this travesty of Justice? Yates, the woman who drowned all her kids had her conviction overturned by the Texas Appelate Court. Now she can have a new "COSTLY" trial.

Gee, a prosecution witness fabricates evidence.  Why would anybody think that would possibly create a mistrial.  (note:  I am being sarcastic.)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 07:14:52 PM »

Bullsh**t.  She may be insane, maybe not.  Just stop wasting money and stick her somewhere.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 07:16:07 PM »

Bullsh**t.  She may be insane, maybe not.  Just stop wasting money and stick her somewhere.

A hole in the ground would be good to me!
GLOBAL DICTATOR
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 07:17:42 PM »

Gee, a prosecution witness fabricates evidence.  Why would anybody think that would possibly create a mistrial.  (note:  I am being sarcastic.)
And I was also being sarcastic. She doesn't deserve another trial. She is guilty as hell anyway. Let her rot! Oh, now you're going to remind me of a person's right to a fair trial? Since when was Andrea Yates a person? But then again, my Christian faith says that everyone can be saved and that noone is totally lost. There is such a conflict there.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 07:30:46 PM »

This stuff is probably common in Texas.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2005, 07:32:16 PM »

And I was also being sarcastic. She doesn't deserve another trial. She is guilty as hell anyway. Let her rot! Oh, now you're going to remind me of a person's right to a fair trial? Since when was Andrea Yates a person? But then again, my Christian faith says that everyone can be saved and that noone is totally lost. There is such a conflict there.

No person, however guilty users of Internet message boards think they are, should be sent to jail on lies.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2005, 07:37:11 PM »

No person, however guilty users of Internet message boards think they are, should be sent to jail on lies.

TECHNICALITY- She wasn't sent to jail on lies. She did it.  Prosecution witness was an idiot.  Citing a damned TV show-WTF.  She will be convicted again in a new trial that will cost the taxpayers millions all because of some bozo celebrity analyst.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2005, 07:42:01 PM »

TECHNICALITY- She wasn't sent to jail on lies. She did it.  Prosecution witness was an idiot.  Citing a damned TV show-WTF.  She will be convicted again in a new trial that will cost the taxpayers millions all because of some bozo celebrity analyst.

I was speaking generally. I think she's guilty has hell, too, and that witness owes the tax payers their money. (Well, not really, but morally.)
Hitchabrut
republicanjew18

Political Matrix
E: 8.38, S: 7.49

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2005, 07:44:26 PM »

I really hate the legal system. A woman who kills five young children doesn't get anything because of a few problems with a prosecution witness. What a sad reflection on society.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2005, 07:46:20 PM »

Yeah I saw on the news that the guy got like $100,000 to examine her. What a farce.  She may be crazy but I really don't care.  She deserves death or some worse fate and should do everyone a favor and kill herself in jail. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies