Which of the Network Newscasts do you like the best?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 12:02:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Which of the Network Newscasts do you like the best?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
ABC

CBS

NBC

PBS

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Which of the Network Newscasts do you like the best?  (Read 562 times)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 03, 2012, 07:19:37 PM »

I read the PPP poll about TV News the other day and I got the idea to post this. Here's the link to the article:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/01/3rd-annual-tv-news-trust-poll.html

Which of these do you all like the best and also which one are planning on watching in November on Election Night? I am using these figures for a project I need for one of my classes, I would appreciate your help!
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 10:38:39 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2012, 10:55:35 PM by Politico »

It is not even a competition: NBC has been the best network over the past thirty years by being the most balanced/unbiased and having the best anchor (i.e., Brokaw and now Williams). Not to be confused with a relatively useless MSNBC, of course. I guess CNBC makes up for the MSNBC affiliation.

I'll be watching NBC on Election Day, as per usual. The cable networks only get viewed by me during NBC commercial breaks.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 10:49:40 AM »

PBS. Newshour is heads and shoulders above the rest, I can't think of any news program on TV I'd rather watch.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 11:09:11 AM »

PBS. Newshour is heads and shoulders above the rest, I can't think of any news program on TV I'd rather watch.

Same here.  In fact, it's the only one I make a point to watch every weeknight.  Rarely miss it.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 11:40:01 AM »

Ive always been an ABC man.  When I'm home at that hour the rotation is Eyewitness News, World News, and then Jeopardy.  My Grandparents were big fans of Peter so I guess it springs from that and I just never changed it up.  I think Diane Sawyer is doing a good job but I could do without the Greek midget filling in.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 11:44:16 AM »

I never watch these.  I'm a bit surprised that they still exist despite the cable news channels.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 11:47:26 AM »

I only very dimly remember these, but it seemed to me we didn't watch one consistently growing up - just switched around.  My dad was more an NPR man despite being a Republican, but he got so much news from listening to the radio he wasn't much into the TV except for local news. My mom of course couldn't understand the news.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 12:18:37 PM »

Of those listed? NBC.  I prefer CNN over any of them, though.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 05:09:08 PM »

My dad was more an NPR man despite being a Republican

That's what I listen to in the car, but at home it's always PBS.  Don't assume all Republicans want to cancel NPR.  As I recall, most of the forum regulars who regularly get their news from Public Radio stations are Republicans.  jmfcst, myself, and JJ come to mind.  There are probably others.

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 06:03:50 PM »

I've become addicted to NBC's news due to the fact that they start their news coverage earliest in the morning.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 06:19:36 PM »

Of those listed? NBC.  I prefer CNN over any of them, though.

Read the thread title, just the networks, not cable!
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 06:24:08 PM »

As for me I watch CBS. I also watch NBC too for the today show and the weekends, I just like the CBS Evening Newscast better during the week.

As for Election Night, I still have not decided between CBS and NBC yet. I used to like ABC when Jennings was there, but they have become too liberal biased since Sawyers and Stephanopoulos got in charge
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 07:31:37 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2012, 07:34:05 PM by Snowguy716 »

I haven't watched one in a long time... but I do like ABC with Diane Sawyers.  I grew up with Peter Jennings though, and his voice to me is like Walter Cronkite to many older people.

I haven't watched CBS much at all, and NBC only in passing.  I do catch the Twin Cities news, mostly WCCO and KARE-11... though I grew uip with KSTP... but they have become Republican hacks.

I always really liked Dave Dahl on weather for KSTP (ABC), and still do.  I think Sven Sundgaard on KARE (NBC) is kinda more about appearance than weather... ya know, they make him the "fun" guy who gets to do fun field reporting... whereas KSTP generally relegates that to Rusty Gatenby, the traffic guy.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies