Rick splits from Florida
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:14:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Rick splits from Florida
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rick splits from Florida  (Read 2892 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 29, 2012, 11:10:53 AM »
« edited: January 29, 2012, 11:16:54 AM by Torie »

Go west young man, the muses whispered in his Rick's ear. I had this feeling he wasn't coming back when he decamped to PA to attend his sick kid and his taxes. But Rick, the west isn't a good area for you.  Social conservatives (except LDS ones), and war hawks, tend to get thinner on the ground out there. Pity that is where the next primaries are, I know. OK, there is Missouri, where Newt isn't on the ballot. Keep hope alive!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 11:42:06 AM »

Wow. Absolutely classless from Torie. In the same breath that he mentions Santorum tending to "his sick kid," he has the nerve to sarcastically say, "keep hope alive!"
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 12:08:53 PM »

Wow. Absolutely classless from Torie. In the same breath that he mentions Santorum tending to "his sick kid," he has the nerve to sarcastically say, "keep hope alive!"

O please, I meant keeping his hope alive for his election prospects obviously (it is a Jesse Jackson term), not his kid. The nexus you made there from which you flew off the handle actually doesn't even make grammatical sense.

By the way, do we know what the medical issue is with his kid?  
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 12:44:06 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2012, 12:46:48 PM by The leader (possibly) of the civilizing forces »

Calm down, Phil. I don't know Torie well but I very much doubt that anyone would be crass enough to make light of this situation.

O please, I meant keeping his hope alive for his election prospects obviously (it is a Jesse Jackson term), not his kid. The nexus you made there from which you flew off the handle actually doesn't even make grammatical sense.

She has Edwards Syndrome, which unfortunately means the prognosis is very poor and she's unlikely to make it. Sad It's amazing that she's lived so long as is.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 12:47:30 PM »

Keystone Phil taking a statement made by another member of the forum out of context?

Why am I not stunned silent?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 08:12:47 PM »

No, I'm well aware of the context (I didn't think you were saying keep hope alive for Bella) but you were making light of it for sure: "Sick kid...firing up the TurboTax." Then there's your usual brilliant insight: "I had a feeling he wasn't coming back..." as if he left to help his "kid" recover from a cold or something.

during this time, you want to sarcastically wish him luck in a less important primary?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 01:38:46 AM »

I have to agree with Phil on that one. Joking about Santorum's electoral prospects while he is attending his sick kid is classless.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 02:01:44 AM »

Yeah... the reason he's "splitting" from Florida is because his daughter is possibly on her deathbed. Torie's flippant schadenfreude about the whole thing is disgusting.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 07:02:33 AM »

Is it any of your damn business?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 08:26:09 AM »

The moral outrage in this thread makes me laugh.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 10:03:08 AM »

I was unaware of the seriousness of Rick's child. I regret that many were offended. It was not my intent to make light of such a serious illness.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 10:58:01 AM »

Agreed. Holy hell, where do we dispense the chill pills?
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 08:01:18 PM »

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 08:13:24 PM »

TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 08:14:16 PM »

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 07:57:43 PM »

Go west young man, the muses whispered in his Rick's ear. I had this feeling he wasn't coming back when he decamped to PA to attend his sick kid and his taxes. But Rick, the west isn't a good area for you.  Social conservatives (except LDS ones), and war hawks, tend to get thinner on the ground out there. Pity that is where the next primaries are, I know. OK, there is Missouri, where Newt isn't on the ballot. Keep hope alive!

Great post/thread!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 11:40:51 PM »

Has Torie posted since last night's humiliating defeat?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 12:40:15 AM »

I have to wonder if Torie's going the way of Michael Barone - good political analysis being destroyed by hack politics (and in the former's specific case, homosexuality and drug usage).

I mean - isn't it well-known that hardcore fundies who vote on social issues only tend to populate the Republican ranks in Colorado rather heavily?  I thought Wayne Allard got elected two terms on support from this contingent alone.

Of course, it doesn't help his position when his fearless leader and his GOP establishment hack surrogates try to declare the race over when very few who didn't vote for Mitt the first time have voted for him this time.  Anyone who was half blind could see that.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 03:08:45 AM »

It's kinda sad that when it comes to Romney, Torie has become a more debonnaire version of Politico.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 04:26:09 AM »

I have to wonder if Torie's going the way of Michael Barone - good political analysis being destroyed by hack politics (and in the former's specific case, homosexuality and drug usage).

I mean - isn't it well-known that hardcore fundies who vote on social issues only tend to populate the Republican ranks in Colorado rather heavily?  I thought Wayne Allard got elected two terms on support from this contingent alone.

Of course, it doesn't help his position when his fearless leader and his GOP establishment hack surrogates try to declare the race over when very few who didn't vote for Mitt the first time have voted for him this time.  Anyone who was half blind could see that.
Come on now...
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 10:04:36 AM »
« Edited: February 09, 2012, 10:08:29 AM by Torie »

No I am still here, and congratulations to Rick. I was off in San Diego for a day and half playing, and TV's and computers just weren't on the schedule.

I am not too worried about matters. It's Rick's turn is all. Caucuses with such screwed electorates are difficult for someone not way out there to compete in sometimes, and there is a tendency for voters to put on the breaks, when they still want some more vetting anyway. And if horror or horrors, Rick wins the nomination, while he will lose and I won't vote for him, I don't think he will bring the ticket down with him like Newt would giving the Dems control of Congress. As Rick says, unlike Newt, the issue won't be primarily him.

But thanks for thinking of me all, and hi Sam. How are you doing? Smiley

Oh, I never predicted Mittens would win Colorado either. I had no idea, and said it was a mixed bag and hard to predict. I think he has AZ, but might have to work hard to hold Michigan. Rick will be hard to attack without sounding, horrors or horrors, like someone who is a bit moderate. This earmark thing will only get one so far.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies