Office of Senator Pingvin (Fed-TX)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:20:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Pingvin (Fed-TX)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15
Poll
Question: New poll (with 20RP12)
Boss Tweed

Polnut

ZuWo

Clarence

TJ in Cleve

Napoleon

Scott

Snowstalker

Benconstantine

NC Yankee

BigDaddy PA

Tmthforu94

20RP12

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Office of Senator Pingvin (Fed-TX)  (Read 43244 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: September 05, 2012, 01:18:25 PM »

Now that I've crawled out of my lair and realized you took my cushy job months ago, do you fear retribution most terrible?

Also, as president what would you do for the cause of evil in Atlasia?
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #201 on: September 05, 2012, 01:48:23 PM »

Cause of evil? Hmm.
MANDATORY SLAYER AT MUSIC CLASSES
HOORAY!
Also, don't try to usurp the position. It's mine and PiT can prove it.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #202 on: September 05, 2012, 02:09:05 PM »

Cause of evil? Hmm.
MANDATORY SLAYER AT MUSIC CLASSES
HOORAY!

That's it? That's all you can think of? And you think yourself worthy of being the Judicial Overlord of the most evil region in this nation?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

We shall see. You're clearly not evil enough to be Judicial Overlord. Your stance on morality alone makes that clear.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #203 on: September 05, 2012, 02:18:03 PM »

You gave The People an awesome interview dude.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #204 on: September 05, 2012, 02:31:25 PM »

While Pingvin may be the current Judicial Overlord, Dibble is the definitive Judicial Overlord. His dedication to advancing the cause of empire and evil is superlative and the region has sorely missed him in his absence.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #205 on: September 05, 2012, 02:47:56 PM »

While Pingvin may be the current Judicial Overlord, Dibble is the definitive Judicial Overlord. His dedication to advancing the cause of empire and evil is superlative and the region has sorely missed him in his absence.

Well said, your Imperial Majesty, though I was never absent. I was merely busy plotting against those damn holy warrior monks who live down the street from me, but I was always ready to answer the call when needed by the IDS.

Pingvin, know that your insolence will not go unpunished. You shall learn what it means to go against a true Judicial Overlord. An upstart like you stands no chance against one such as I. You will rue the day you bore your fangs at me... go ahead, START RUING!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #206 on: September 05, 2012, 02:50:18 PM »

WTF does Pingvin mean?
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #207 on: September 05, 2012, 10:12:42 PM »

Pingvin means Penguin. (In Russian)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #208 on: September 06, 2012, 12:04:30 AM »

With your recent interview, anything could happen in the upcoming primary.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #209 on: September 08, 2012, 01:02:44 PM »

Announcement
Soft toy for every lil' Pingvin 4 Prez Rally!
A little plush Penguin armed with AKMS and baseball bat! It even got Hunter S. Thompson-like outfit!
Holy sh%t, it even talks!
4 catchphrases for every day!
"Get out of my neighbourhood until I open fire!"
"Y'know, Enoch Powell was right on many issues..."
"It's not Whig meeting, get in the car!"
"I need your fried chicken, I need your Dr. Pepper, I need your vote!"
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #210 on: September 08, 2012, 01:46:29 PM »

Announcement
A little plush Penguin armed with AKMS and baseball bat! It even got Hunter S. Thompson-like outfit!

LOL.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #211 on: September 08, 2012, 03:40:02 PM »

Announcement

LOL.

Indeed.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #212 on: September 08, 2012, 05:21:09 PM »

Announcement

I wanna buy one of these.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #213 on: September 09, 2012, 10:50:40 PM »

After short consultations with Sen. Clarence, he agreed to be a chairman of Veterans For Pingvin comittee!
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #214 on: September 12, 2012, 10:56:21 PM »

I drop out, concede and endorse Jbrase.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #215 on: September 12, 2012, 10:59:28 PM »

It was an honor running against you sir. Smiley
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #216 on: September 13, 2012, 01:02:26 PM »

Commiserations for the primary defeat.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #217 on: September 19, 2012, 10:58:17 PM »

Dibble is anyway will be re-appointed, so I resign from my Judicial Overlord position.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #218 on: September 19, 2012, 11:09:39 PM »

Dibble is anyway will be re-appointed, so I resign from my Judicial Overlord position.

You can continue serving until the eventuality of him being approved. My reading of the Constitution suggests that I can set up the vote as a head-to-head race, given how vague the relevant section is. You sure you don't want to run against him?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #219 on: September 19, 2012, 11:59:30 PM »

Wait, what's going on? I thought Pingvin was our Overlord and Dibble was just SOL...?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #220 on: September 20, 2012, 01:02:02 AM »

Wait, what's going on? I thought Pingvin was our Overlord and Dibble was just SOL...?

Dibble wanted the opportunity to usurp the seat, so I gave him the opportunity. Then Pingvin decided to resign. I was hoping to have another interesting election in addition to the Legislature.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #221 on: September 29, 2012, 08:39:26 AM »

It's PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGVIN REEEEEEEEEEEEPORT and we are back!
Our topics today:
1) Senate race
2) Opinion polling for Presidential race

So, Senate race. Senator Clarence's resignation was a really nasty surprise for me.
But results are even nastier. C'MON FOLKS, ATLASIA CAN DO BETTER!
No, really. That second round. It is a pure failure for Whigs.
FOLKS, WAKE UP! WAKE UP!

Let's switch now to good news. Jbrase leads in a majority of polls. Why?
I can tell you why.
Atlasia is tired of politicans that do nothing except reading speeches about "expierenced leadership", "recovery is just around the corner", "extermist crazies."
Just. Too. Much.
Jbrase is just a statesman that Atlasia needs now.
He got expeirence. He is not afraid to talk about real issues that concern regular Atlasians. He knows how to solve problems.
This was Pingvin Report, thank you and good bye!
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #222 on: September 29, 2012, 12:23:06 PM »

Hello, Governor. Thanks for your appearance on my show. First question, how are you going to solve uneployment problem in your region?

Answer to first question: Can I be funny about this or is it supposed to be serious, first off?
It's too early in the morning for me to think critically.
We're going to solve the unemployment problem by bringing more jobs to our region.

That sounds interesting, indeed. Next question - what will you do if there will be a, let's say budget vote crisis in Assembly?

Well, my goal with this budget is to work with both sides. But if it comes down to it, I'd be okay with the two sides settling it with a good, ole' fashioned duel.

Once again you proved that you are one of the strongest regional executives in Atlasia now. 3rd question: Recent Senate act about abortion restriction had caused a lot of furious debate (especially in a part related to federal/regional rights on social issues) In your opinion, who should decide on it: Nyman or regions?

Thank you - I work out daily. Generally on social issues, I'm more of a regional rights guy. I think a bill like this, considering it's the third trimester, as well as the death penalty amendment, is an exception because it involves human rights (Cue argument on whether a fetus is human). I would support legislation that would repeal all abortion restrictions at the federal level and leave it to us to decide.

Sounds like a reasonable position for me. During my presidential bid, I had a lot of dirty attacks on my certain positions (immigration, Culture war, marriage etc) Don't you think that Atlasia had become too polarized and radical recently?

I'll just say this - I think some people take the game too seriously.

Mmkay. What can you say about recent polls for October race?

They're deceitful.

Oh. Can you expand it? I'm really curious.

Sure - conservatives always overpoll in this game. I mean, ZuWo narrowly led me in most polls leading up to our election. Only one polling firm, SurveyAtlasia, had me ahead, and even that was only a couple points. I ended up winning with almost 2/3's of the vote.

One more request: Can you say something to all Midwesterners? Some kind of message or adress?

Well, one thing I will soon be doing is meeting with the Governor of each region in the coming weeks. I hope when I met with ilikeverin, they'll have some yummy cake waking for me.

Thank you a lot for the interview. It was a really nice dialog.

Guten Tag!

See you soon in the IDS! It was Mideast Governor Tmth on Pingvin Report, thanks for all who watched us and good night!
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #223 on: September 30, 2012, 01:52:29 PM »

Hello, Governor. Thank you for accepting my invite.

Thank you, Pingvin - it's always a pleasure.

First question: why you decided to give up your seat and run for Senate?

I'm proud of my record as Governor - founding CARE, introducing the first regional budget in years, sending to the voters a constitutional amendment to move our capital to Buffalo, increasing the minimum wage to $15.00 per hour and tying it to inflation, signing the Roscoe Conkling Equity Before the Law Act, updating the wiki, and keeping the Vital Civic Information thread current. If I were to serve another term, I think that there's a great deal that I could accomplish: Further improving our budget, reforming our region's schools, and improving infrastructure across the Northeast.

But I've never felt totally comfortable about the prospect of serving consecutive terms. A region benefits from having leaders with different personalities, different interests, different governing styles, and different strengths. While I wholeheartedly support Scott's bid for the governorship, I suspect that you'll see just how different we are should he be elected. And this is a good thing! What's more, this game offers a variety of options for service, and I want to experiment with them. If I serve as governor again in the future - a possibility to which I am very open - I think that having served in the Senate will be an enormous advantage.

My experience as governor will be an advantage as a Senator, and if I'm elected, giving regional concerns a voice in the Senate will be a top concern. I think that Senator Marokai's recent attempt to eliminate the office of the Secretary of Internal Affairs demonstrates just how out-of-touch our current crop of Senators are with how the regions operate and the invaluable role that they serve in Atlasia.

This is a reasonable position. Second question: What do you think was your biggest achievement during your tenure as NE Governor?

It's hard for me to say whether I'm more proud of writing a regional budget or my part in convincing the legislature to pass the Capital Act of 2012. I suppose that the latter was more difficult, and consequently, more impressive. That bill came on the heels of months of contentious debate and failed proposals. I worked very hard to forge our eventual consensus on moving the capital to Buffalo. Not only will this move save the region money in the long run; it'll also jolt our economy and revive a part of the region that has been struggling for decades.

By the way, I don't mean to claim sole credit for this accomplishment. Representative Simfan and Senator Scott have been really devoted to this proposal, and they deserve appreciation from across the region for their roles.

That was indeed one of the most fascinating pieces of Northeast history. I want to ask you a very own question: What would you do in Senate to attract attention to abuse of human rights in Russia? What do you think about Pussy Riot case?

I find the present relationship between the Orthodox Church and the Russian government extremely disturbing. When you have Patriarch Kirill calling Vladimir Putin a "miracle from God," something is very wrong.

The women of Pussy Riot are heroic dissidents. They've taken a courageous stand for human rights and against the state's corruption of the Orthodox Church, and for this they deserve a place in history beside figures like Walesa and Havel.

What can Atlasia do? I'm not sure that there are any concrete actions that it would be advisable for us to take. I think that history shows that domestic dissidents like Pussy Riot are far more effective at fighting tyranny than any kind of foreign meddling. They have their own voice, and it's best that we respect that rather than attempting to co-opt them in what inevitably will become an attempt to further our own strategic interests rather than the interests of the people of Russia.

That said, I think that Atlasian leaders should not shy away from speaking the truth about what Putin is doing to Russia. And when it comes to any kind of agreement between Atlasia and Putin's regime, his dismal record on human rights is something that we need to consider.

I fully agree with you here. And let's finish our program with something funny.
A QUIZ!

Favourite meal: I'm a fourth-generation Italian-American - until a few years ago, my grandfather owned a factory where he produced his own brand of tomato sauce. I love Italian-American food - there's nothing better than pasta, eggplant parm, or pizza with a nice glass of wine.

Favourite band
: Lately I've been listening to a lot of Metric, but my all-time favorite will always be Rush.

Favourite film: Difficult to answer - I'll reduce what could easily be a laundry list to a trifecta: Seventh Seal, Blade Runner, and Brazil

Favourite sports team: I don't watch a lot of sports, but I enjoy the occasional hockey game - I guess I'll go with the Montreal Canadiens.

Favourite videogame
: Sid Meier's Civilization series, easily.

Favourite book
: It'll sound like I'm pandering to the host, but the honest answer is The Brothers Karamazov.

That was Pingvin Report with Gov. Nix, thank you and good night!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #224 on: October 01, 2012, 03:06:10 PM »

Good to see you back as a conservative alternative to the lamestream media out there.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies