Gen. Wesley Clark vs George W. Bush
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:35:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Gen. Wesley Clark vs George W. Bush
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Had Gen. Wesley Clark received the nomination.  Who wins the General Election?
(D) Gen. Wesley Clark

(R) George W. Bush

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Gen. Wesley Clark vs George W. Bush  (Read 7162 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 05, 2005, 12:14:19 PM »
« edited: January 05, 2005, 12:16:22 PM by nickshepDEM »

One of Bush's biggest advantages in this past election was he pinned John Kerry as unfit for command when it came to the war on terror.  He would have failed miserably if he tryed this against the former Supreme Allied Commander of NATO and 4 Star General, Wesley Clark.  The only disadvantage for Clark is he has never held political office but, is still far more intelligent than George W. Bush.

** Show me some maps Smiley **

PS. nice board this is my third post and no one has welcomed me.  j/k

on edit:  sorry guys I forgot to put an "other" category.  I guess if you would vote other just state it here and dont vote.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 12:30:47 PM »

O.K... welcome :-)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 12:34:54 PM »

Thanx...

Anyways, I think I messed up this poll I should have set it up like the others who would you vote for/who would win. 

Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 04:44:26 PM »

Welcome, fellow Maryland Democrat. Gotta take out Ehrlich in '06!
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 04:54:51 PM »

Damn right.  I have been looking into the race for Governor alot lately.  I havent decided who I will endorse yet because no one has said they are running.  But, everyone knows Dough Duncan and Martin O'Malley will be seeking the Democratic nomination.  Im torn.  I thin O'Malley would be good because of name recognition but, I think Duncan is the better candidate and would be a better Governor.  Anyways, maybe Ill see you out on the campaign trail!
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 05:25:58 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2005, 05:28:47 PM by Lord Traldan »

Yeah, I don't like Ehrlich either.  Among all the other governors I don't like. Heh.

And I'd definitely vote Clark.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 05:27:06 PM »

Damn right.  I have been looking into the race for Governor alot lately.  I havent decided who I will endorse yet because no one has said they are running.  But, everyone knows Dough Duncan and Martin O'Malley will be seeking the Democratic nomination.  Im torn.  I thin O'Malley would be good because of name recognition but, I think Duncan is the better candidate and would be a better Governor.  Anyways, maybe Ill see you out on the campaign trail!

I'm leaning O'Malley, but by no means set. Do you know if Sarbanes is seeking re-election? If he's not, perhaps they could make a deal with each other about one running for Senate and the other running for Governor.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 05:50:05 PM »

I'm starting to think that Bush was bound to win last year, no matter what. Had Clark been the nominee they would have found some other dirt to throw at him. I still believe that John Kerry was the best candidate the Democrats could muster.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 06:20:18 PM »

I'm starting to think that Bush was bound to win last year, no matter what. Had Clark been the nominee they would have found some other dirt to throw at him. I still believe that John Kerry was the best candidate the Democrats could muster.

The best one among the ten that ran, you mean, right?
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2005, 06:56:31 PM »

Bush would have hit Clark just as hard as he hit Kerry, but  it would have closer- maybe 50-49 for Bush. Clark would have carried Iowa, and done a lot better in the South, but still- narrow Bush win.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2005, 07:03:36 PM »

Yeah.

Though I wonder who out of the non-runners would have beaten Bush. Breaux, perhaps?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2005, 07:45:18 PM »

I think Clark might could've pulled it out.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2005, 08:03:39 PM »

His lack of experience would be beaten over his head and would cause him to make many gaffes. Bush would have won, with Clar also taking Iowa, New Mexico, and Nevada, but *possibly* losing New Hampshire.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2005, 08:06:05 PM »

I dont see what Bush could have used against Clark other than not holding political office before.  Still, Supreme Allied Commander of NATO in my opinion holds just as much responsibility as any elected office world wide.

I believe Clark would have carried all of the 251 Kerry electoral votes.  I think he would have picked up Iowa and Arkansas (his home state) and he would have made it extremley close in New Mexico, Missouri, and Louisiana.  Actually he could have made it close in every southern state. You can bet neither candidate would be able to right off the south like the two did this year.  Their would have had to been some serious campaigning down there.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2005, 08:13:32 PM »

Everytime Clark opens his mouth, he puts down some political, ethnic, or religious group by accident. The mans a joke...

Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2005, 08:16:12 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2005, 08:18:07 PM by nickshepDEM »

Everytime Clark opens his mouth, he puts down some political, ethnic, or religious group by accident. The mans a joke...

If your gonna accuse the man of that you better throw some sources and proof out there.  He is 100000% more intelligent than anyone residing in the White House right now.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2005, 08:17:57 PM »

Wow...I mean, politicians could say stupid things, but he'd probably stop eventually. I doubt he'd lose that badly.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2005, 08:21:12 PM »

Yeah.

Though I wonder who out of the non-runners would have beaten Bush. Breaux, perhaps?

Bayh, perhaps. Richardson could have carried New Mexico, and being Latino may have helped in Florida, Nevada, and Colorado.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2005, 08:21:42 PM »

How do I insert a map I created using the Electoral Vote calculator?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2005, 08:27:29 PM »

He is 100000% more intelligent than anyone residing in the White House right now.

I'll give you proof if you give me proof on that statement.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2005, 08:33:55 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2005, 09:04:41 PM by nickshepDEM »

B.S., US Military Academy at West Point, 1966 (graduated first in his class). M.A., Rhodes Scholar, Oxford University, 1968.

Provide an education more impressive by anyone that resides in the White house.  If not give me my proof Smiley

PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2005, 10:42:12 PM »

Provide an education more impressive by anyone that resides in the White house.  If not give me my proof Smiley

This is Ms. Rice's eductaional background (from Wikipedia):

At 19, Rice earned her bachelor's degree in political science, cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from the University of Denver in 1974. In 1975, she obtained her master's degree from the University of Notre Dame, and in 1981 she received her Ph.D. from the Graduate School of International Studies at the University of Denver. In addition to English, she speaks Russian, French, and Spanish.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2005, 10:46:48 PM »

Clark has "judgment" problems from his Balkans experience; he tried to get British troops to attack Russians holding the Pristina Airport.  He was retired soon after.

Much more of the would have come out.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2005, 10:50:21 PM »

How do I insert a map I created using the Electoral Vote calculator?

Right-click the map, go to "Properties", copy and paste its URL (the thing that begins with "http://"), and then post it like this:

Code:
[img](image URL)[/img]
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2005, 10:51:08 PM »

This is Ms. Rice's eductaional background (from Wikipedia):

At 19, Rice earned her bachelor's degree in political science, cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from the University of Denver in 1974. In 1975, she obtained her master's degree from the University of Notre Dame, and in 1981 she received her Ph.D. from the Graduate School of International Studies at the University of Denver. In addition to English, she speaks Russian, French, and Spanish.

And the last time I checked she didnt reside in the White House.  Hell, she hasnt even been confirmed yet.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies