FL PrimR: FL Chamber of Commerce: Newt and Mitt tied for first
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:21:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  FL PrimR: FL Chamber of Commerce: Newt and Mitt tied for first
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL PrimR: FL Chamber of Commerce: Newt and Mitt tied for first  (Read 886 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2012, 04:32:15 PM »

New Poll: Florida President by New Source on 2012-01-23

Summary:
Gingrich:
33%
Romney:
33%
Santorum:
10%
Paul:
6%
Other:
4%
Undecided:
14%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 08:21:46 PM »

If accurate, it could be a shift in momentum.  Good sample size, but it isn't a major polling firm.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 09:21:55 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2012, 09:33:52 PM by Alcon »

J. J., huh?  This poll includes interviews from 1/22 and 1/23 -- it isn't newer than the other polls we have.

Polling firm is Cherry Communications (?), and the poll is of registered voters, which probably helps Romney.

The cynic in me thinks the Chamber of Commerce may not be entirely uninvested in the outcome of this race.

Otherwise, not much to say.  I think Gingrich is still a modest favorite.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 09:28:06 PM »

J. J., huh?  This poll includes interviews from 1/22 and 1/23 -- it isn't newer than the other polls we have.

Immediately after the primary and after what was a good Gingrich week.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I did note that it was not a major company; they might be great, but I'd still suspect the results.  If it were PPP or Rasmussen, it would be bad news for Gingrich.

Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 09:33:03 PM »

J. J., huh?  This poll includes interviews from 1/22 and 1/23 -- it isn't newer than the other polls we have.

Which still doesn't make sense, because:

1. That was when the momentum happened, so you must mean it would be a sign there was less momentum, not that momentum had changed.  Even if this poll is right about 1/22 and 1/23 and the others are wrong, it's not a sign that Gingrich's momentum has turned around...just that it has been lesser than other polls show it as.

2. Other polls show differently for the same days.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 09:54:25 PM »

1. That was when the momentum happened, so you must mean it would be a sign there was less momentum, not that momentum had changed.  Even if this poll is right about 1/22 and 1/23 and the others are wrong, it's not a sign that Gingrich's momentum has turned around...just that it has been lesser than other polls show it as.

Momentum in political campaigns tends to be psychological.  The more someone wins, the more supporters he gets.  I'm trying to see if that is what is happening.

One of the others actually shows Romney up.  Their track record isn't bad, but I'd prefer Rasmussen or PPP.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 09:58:27 PM »

Momentum in political campaigns tends to be psychological.  The more someone wins, the more supporters he gets.  I'm trying to see if that is what is happening.

One of the others actually shows Romney up.  Their track record isn't bad, but I'd prefer Rasmussen or PPP.

I understand that momentum is influenced by psychology, but that only makes sense if these polls influence subsequent momentum -- you said "It could be a shift in momentum," not "it could cause a shift in momentum."  But as always, you are a silly man.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 10:52:22 PM »

I understand that momentum is influenced by psychology, but that only makes sense if these polls influence subsequent momentum -- you said "It could be a shift in momentum," not "it could cause a shift in momentum."  But as always, you are a silly man.

You seem to understand very little.  The momentum came from the SC victory.  Is it starting to shift away from Gingrich?

We have two polls out there that could show it, but they are not great polls.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 11:01:36 PM »

...except all of these polls were conducted on the same two days, and we don't really have much of any Florida polling before that, so you have nothing to compare to in order to ascertain momentum, besides national polls, and that doesn't appear to me what you're doing.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 12:00:13 AM »

J.J. is it really that hard to admit you made a misstatement. Christ, man. How many times does he have to explain this to you?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 11:28:10 PM »

J.J. is it really that hard to admit you made a misstatement. Christ, man. How many times does he have to explain this to you?

I seem to have been correct, though we'll find out Tuesday.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 01:00:04 AM »

I seem to have been correct, though we'll find out Tuesday.

...except your interpretation of the polls, even if Romney ended up having momentum, made no damn sense.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies