I feel sad for Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 04:34:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  I feel sad for Romney
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I feel sad for Romney  (Read 4826 times)
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2012, 04:24:55 PM »

I mean, he doesn't look like an evil guy. I think that he wants to be POTUS for good intentions. But people reject him whatever he does....

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 04:26:52 PM »

I shed no tears for the self-serving.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 04:27:22 PM »

Hilariously appropriate wording: "Whatever he says."
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 04:27:38 PM »

If by "good intentions" you mean "making those in his social circle richer" and "securing a historical legacy for himself" then I agree with you.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 04:29:06 PM »

If by "good intentions" you mean "making those in his social circle richer" and "securing a historical legacy for himself" then I agree with you.

Well, I don't think that the other candidates or presidents do/did it because of altruism.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 04:33:55 PM »

I shed no tears for the self-serving.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 07:29:27 PM »

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 07:30:38 PM »

I really don't feel sorry douche bags.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 07:48:04 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2012, 07:49:51 PM by Politico »

Romney is a good guy, a good family man, who would easily be the nominee if certain elements of the party (i.e., the South) were not so skeptical of somebody simply because they are from Massachusetts (it is probably ingrained in them from what happened after they sent JFK to the White House). We might lose Florida, but once we're out of Florida it should become a little bit more hospitable to Romney. Nevada and Missouri are locks. This nomination is still going to be his in the end. We'll get a southerner on the ticket to placate the unwarranted fears among our southern friends.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 08:05:23 PM »

I mean, he doesn't look like an evil guy. I think that he wants to be POTUS for good intentions. But people reject him whatever he does....

Hmm...

Maybe that's the reason?
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 09:00:48 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2012, 09:12:07 PM by Displayed name »

Romney is a good guy, a good family man, who would easily be the nominee if certain elements of the party (i.e., the South) were not so skeptical of somebody simply because they are from Massachusetts (it is probably ingrained in them from what happened after they sent JFK to the White House). We might lose Florida, but once we're out of Florida it should become a little bit more hospitable to Romney. Nevada and Missouri are locks. This nomination is still going to be his in the end. We'll get a southerner on the ticket to placate the unwarranted fears among our southern friends.

Not SIMPLY because he is from Massachusetts but because, in his ongoing fashion, he took positions to placate social liberal in Massachusetts both in 1994 and 2002, he created a big government health care program, he ran last time uttering the word conservative in every sentence and now seems to be happy being a "Massachusetts moderate- a charge he rarely rebuts. Further, as do you in this post by assuming tens of millions of people in a region have all the same motive for not liking him very much, he clearly fails to understand populists in this country and his own party.

Your assertion that he will need to "placate" the South with a running mate is cute. We may not have all gone to Harvard, but we can spot a phony when we see one. Putting someone with a drawl beneath Romney's name on some signs won't change that.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 09:00:56 PM »

Sure.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 09:08:57 PM »

Sure.

Where's your Huntsmentum now?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 09:18:52 PM »

Not SIMPLY because he is from Massachusetts but because, in his ongoing fashion, he took positions to placate social liberal in Massachusetts both in 1994 and 2002, he created a big government health care program, he ran last time uttering the word conservative in every sentence and now seems to be happy being a "Massachusetts moderate- a charge he rarely rebuts. Further, as do you in this post by assuming tens of millions of people in a region have all the same motive for not liking him very much, he clearly fails to understand populists in this country and his own party.

Your assertion that he will need to "placate" the South with a running mate is cute. We may not have all gone to Harvard, but we can spot a phony we see one. Putting someone with a drawl beneath Romney's name on some signs won't change that.

It is an asset being able to get things done in liberal Massachusetts. Imagine what he could accomplish with a Republican Congress.

If you really think Romney is a moderate, I don't know what to tell you really. By Massachusetts standards, Mitt Romney is Jesse Helms.

Romney is not a phony, but obviously he is awkward from time to time compared to some politicians. The same can be said of Eisenhower. That did not stop him from being a great president. He's done a great job wherever he has been an executive.
HST1948

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 10:17:29 PM »

I currently live in Missouri and I can honestly tell you that Romney is the worst possible candidate for this state. Gingrich and Santorum are HUGE here.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 10:26:36 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2012, 10:28:52 PM by Politico »

I currently live in Missouri and I can honestly tell you that Romney is the worst possible candidate for this state. Gingrich and Santorum are HUGE here.

Gingrich is not on the ballot in Missouri, so he is definitely not winning there (I read that write-ins are not allowed). Santorum does not have the resources to compete with Romney.

Every Mormon in Utah and Nevada will be getting out the vote in Nevada.

Mark my words: Romney has two big wins in Nevada and Missouri locked up next month.
HST1948

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 10:32:19 PM »

Gingrich is not on the ballot in Missouri, so he is definitely not winning there (I read that write-ins are not allowed). Santorum does not have the resources to compete with Romney.

Every Mormon in Utah and Nevada will be getting out the vote in Nevada.

Mark my words: Romney has two big wins in Nevada and Missouri locked up next month.

Believe me not even Romney's resources can help him in Missouri unless things improve drastically for him. It wouldn't surprise me if Santorum bested Romney here by doing really well in the boot heel and bible belt areas. 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 12:06:25 AM »

I think problem with Romney is he's just trying too hard: trying too hard to be "attractive" under changing political circumstances. He's just too consumed with this, that he lost authenticity long ago.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 12:10:31 AM »

Gingrich is not on the ballot in the Missouri primary, which is a beauty contest awarding no delegates. Missouri's delegates are awarded in its caucus, which doesn't have a ballot because it's a caucus.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 12:18:19 AM »

Gingrich is not on the ballot in the Missouri primary, which is a beauty contest awarding no delegates. Missouri's delegates are awarded in its caucus, which doesn't have a ballot because it's a caucus.

A win is a win, and Romney is going to look good winning the Missouri primary next month. He'll be the presumptive nominee by the time the Missouri caucuses take place in the middle of March.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 12:26:34 AM »

A win is a win, and Romney is going to look good winning the Missouri primary next month. He'll be the presumptive nominee by the time the Missouri caucuses take place in the middle of March.

I doubt news networks will give it any coverage. They ignored the beauty contest primaries in 2008 and they'll likely do the same again this year.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 12:29:24 AM »

Grasping at straws
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 12:53:21 AM »

Remember all the awesome positive coverage Hillary got over her "victory" in Michigan four years ago?
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 12:56:23 AM »

Delegates for Paul.

Mittbots are beginning to sound delusional.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 01:39:01 AM »

Well, the Missouri primary awards 0 delegates, while Florida awards 50 winner take all. I think Gingrich would rather take the 50 delegates.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies