Who understands economics better: opebo or Wonkish?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 06:14:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who understands economics better: opebo or Wonkish?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Who understands economics better: opebo or Wonkish?
opebo

Wonkish

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Who understands economics better: opebo or Wonkish?  (Read 5494 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 22, 2012, 02:06:50 PM »

I thought it was awesome watching them go at it here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=146135.0

Obviously the answer is opebo.
Wonkish1

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 02:20:36 PM »

Who understands economics better BRTD or a 5 year old Ethopian kid?

Obviously the answer is the 5 year old Ethopian kid!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 02:22:29 PM »

Wonkish? Ah, you mean that little angry fellow who dedicated his life to defend his every single post and to react to every single post made about him Smiley
Wonkish1

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 02:27:19 PM »

Wonkish? Ah, you mean that little angry fellow who dedicated his life to defend his every single post and to react to every single post made about him Smiley

Ah Kalwejt its that person that can't seem to produce a decent comment about anything and instead relies on comments that seem witty, but have absolutely no valuable meaning whatsoever?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 02:27:58 PM »

You know, you really do make it very hard for people to say even halfway nice things about you sometimes...
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 02:34:28 PM »

You know, you really do make it very hard for people to say even halfway nice things about you sometimes...

^^
Wonkish1

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 02:37:23 PM »

You know I've got really nothing to say to that except... it wasn't me who decided to dedicate his whole morning to attacking another poster completely out of the blue and without any provocation(unlike a few others who ended up forcing the Deluge thread to be temporarily locked).
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 02:41:33 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2012, 03:04:47 PM by Beet »

^^

I suppose this is your ways of answering Wonkish. Smiley He has certainly contributed more discussion.

BRTD, I really don't understand why you have such a crush on opebo, and then go and make these pointless threads.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 03:11:09 PM »

opebo, as trollish as he can be, is funny and really, not toofar from the (sad) truth.

Wonkish's posts are just red meat for the dumbs.
Wonkish1

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 03:13:07 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2012, 03:17:37 PM by Wonkish1 »

opebo, as trollish as he can be, is funny and really, not toofar from the (sad) truth.

Wonkish's posts are just red meat for the dumbs.

"Red meat for the dumbs"? What the hell are you talking about. First, how about you actually read the thread BRTD linked to and then see if you actually understand all of it before you drop a retarded a comment like that.

And the highlighted portion of your post says a hell of a lot more about the hilariousness of your post and you then it does about me.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 03:47:44 PM »

Ah Kalwejt its that person that can't seem to produce a decent comment about anything and instead relies on comments that seem witty, but have absolutely no valuable meaning whatsoever?

Obviously, you feel an urgent need to respond to every one of them. I'm flattered.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 03:51:37 PM »

What do you have against my cousin???
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 04:38:59 PM »

Wonkish1 is an easily-provoked jackass who really should proofread his posts more often. But it's unfair and hackish not to admit that he understands economics.

Really?  So the right-wing position is the one which shows 'understanding', Arny?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 04:43:25 PM »

Wonkish1

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 04:49:09 PM »

Wonkish1 is an easily-provoked jackass who really should proofread his posts more often. But it's unfair and hackish not to admit that he understands economics.

Really?  So the right-wing position is the one which shows 'understanding', Arny?

Beet shows a high understanding of economics. He holds majority left-wing positions.

Talking pure knowledge level here(and completely forgetting the fact that some of the ideas that you type are beyond insane) you have just enough cursory knowledge of economic lingo to just keep yourself from getting lost in an econ discussion, and that's about it.

Beet on the other hand can describe complexities of the European central banking system(the relation of the ECB with its national counterparts) which is without a doubt the most complicated in the world. Opebo its not even close!
Wonkish1

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 04:50:11 PM »

Anybody who votes opebo is clearly deluding themselves.

Opebo's views on economics (while his conclusions are often correct) do not really extend beyond "capitalists are evil".

Wonkish clearly knows more about economics (although he really should have been banned long ago for his various insulting tirades).

Example of what I'm talking about, as well as being objectively untrue.

You know I've got really nothing to say to that except... it wasn't me who decided to dedicate his whole morning to attacking another poster completely out of the blue and without any provocation(unlike a few others who ended up forcing the Deluge thread to be temporarily locked).
It is obvious to anyone with even a modicum of intelligence that you played at least some part in that.

Yeah, but I didn't start that either! It would have never happened if it wasn't for a few posters who woke up this morning and decided today was the day to take on Wonkish1.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 04:54:11 PM »

Opebo's views on economics (while his conclusions are often correct) do not really extend beyond "capitalists are evil".

Wonkish clearly knows more about economics (although he really should have been banned long ago for his various insulting tirades).

It is obvious to anyone with even a modicum of intelligence that you played at least some part in that.

Yeah, but I didn't start that either! It would have never happened if it wasn't for a few posters who woke up this morning and decided today was the day to take on Wonkish1.

I woke up, make myself some coffee and then sat down in order to figure out what I'm going to do today. After two hours of thinking, I decided I'll devote my day to be mean to Wonkish indeed. You got me.

But seriously, don't you think responding to every damn thing someone posts about you or quoted you in such place like deluge is only escalating things?

You're probably going to get angry again, but grow some skin.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 04:54:40 PM »

...So the right-wing position is the one which shows 'understanding', Arny?

Of course not. I didn't say that it was unfair to vote for you! You and Wonkish obviously have different understandings of economics, but if I can say so without sounding unbearably relativistic, which understanding is better depends on one's perspective.

My point was that the vitriol that's been directed toward Wonkish here is obviously mostly personal and not concerned with actually answering BRTD's question.

Ah, thanks for the clarification!  Excellent post - only relativism makes sense for political issues like 'economics'.
Wonkish1

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 05:00:25 PM »

I woke up, make myself some coffee and then sat down in order to figure out what I'm going to do today. After two hours of thinking, I decided I'll devote my day to be mean to Wonkish indeed. You got me.

But seriously, don't you think responding to every damn thing someone posts about you or quoted you in such place like deluge is only escalating things?

You're probably going to get angry again, but grow some skin.

I don't get angry. Instead in fact you kind of made my morning by serving up yourself and a few others to beat up for a little while. Its actually kind of nice when they give you a justification to beat on them. Its quite fun actually!
Wonkish1

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 05:18:03 PM »

(although he really should have been banned long ago for his various insulting tirades).

And obviously its objectively untrue that is why its a joke just like BRTD's OP.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 05:26:43 PM »

I voted for Wonkish, btw.

/s**tstormapproaching
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 05:30:57 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2012, 05:32:48 PM by Frodo »

Speaking from the opposite side of the aisle, definitely Wonkish.  

I think a better poll question would have been: 'Who understands economics better: Beet or Wonkish?'
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 05:50:09 PM »

Wonkish obviously. There is a difference between level of knowledge and being "right" though. Opebo...just no.

I think a better poll question would have been: 'Who understands economics better: Beet or Wonkish?'

Beet, hands down. Probably only ag or maybe phnkrocket know more than him on econ.
Wonkish1

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 06:08:58 PM »

Wonkish obviously. There is a difference between level of knowledge and being "right" though. Opebo...just no.

Beet, hands down. Probably only ag or maybe phnkrocket know more than him on econ.

That question would mostly feature people falling in line with their ideological sides. No question do I think that Beet is quite impressive in his knowledge of econ. I am curious who Beet himself would actually end up voting for. No doubt I'm sure he thinks I'm wrong on a bunch of issues, but in terms of just raw accumulated econ knowledge I think he his humble enough to actually think about that one for a minute.
Wonkish1

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2012, 06:35:12 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2012, 06:37:27 PM by Wonkish1 »

I will say that if the question came down to me vs. ag I probably couldn't cast a vote for myself. A) because he hasn't posted much so I haven't seen him in action that much, but even more so B) because I am not that cocky to say that I'm more knowledgeable than an econ professor even though my industry is also very econ intensive.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies