Kudos to Phil
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:04:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Kudos to Phil
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kudos to Phil  (Read 1066 times)
Politico
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 21, 2012, 11:49:37 PM »
« edited: January 21, 2012, 11:55:31 PM by Politico »

Santorum did a lot better than I expected, beating out Paul and his legion. You and your boys did a good job of getting out the vote for Santorum.

I think everybody on here should eat some crow when you consider all of the flak Phil has taken over Santorum, and here Santorum stands as one of the final three contenders.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 11:52:54 PM »

Santorum did a lot better than I expected, beating out Paul and his legion. You and your boys did a good job of getting out the vote for Santorum.

Trying to divide the anti-Romney vote in Florida, eh?
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 11:56:41 PM »

No doubt. Politico has been growing more and more nervous with every candidate dropping out (Cain, Johnson, Bachmann, Huntsman, Perry). Now he's trying to pretend Santorum's chances are viable.

Nope.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 11:58:31 PM »

There is a respectable and moral alternative to Romney. Phil stands with that guy, not the moral degenerative alternative to Romney.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 11:59:07 PM »

Politico trying to beat out the Winfield Legacy?

Thanks.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 12:01:48 AM »

I think everybody on here should eat some crow when you consider all of the flak Phil has taken over Santorum, and here Santorum stands as one of the final three contenders.

Santorum did better than expected, but then Paul literally did nothing until the last week or so, when New Hampshire boosted his numbers from 7%ish to 15%ish. You have to admit, South Carolina is hardly prime Paul county either way, and Santorum isn't competing with Paul anyway (the only Paul supporters who would ever go to Santorum would be the anti-Romneys who went for him in Iowa, and they're going to Gingrich after this), he's competing with Newt Gingrich. Saying Santorum beat out Paul to be one of the final contenders by beating him in Iowa is like saying Paul beat out Santorum to be one of the final contenders by beating him in New Hampshire (or, for that matter, Nevada, Minnesota, or Washington).

I honestly have to say that I kinda wish it was Santorum opposing Romney and Gingrich getting the consolation prize. At least Santorum seems to more or less believe in what he says, while Gingrich is a lying Newt (pardon the pun) who claims to be an anti-media/establishment insurgent after clearly getting support from both on numerous occasions.

Still, this will be a fun election I think.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 12:05:26 AM »

sorry, but your 25% can't keep the santorum from being flushed.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 01:02:55 AM »

There is a respectable and moral alternative to Romney.

Then I suggest Romney drop out while that alternative is still viable.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 01:14:18 AM »

Gingrich got over twice that of Santorum. Obviously the Romneyites are going to try to prop up Santorum in the hopes of more evenly splitting the anti-Romney vote. Too bad for them that Gingrich + Santorum > 2 * Romney in SC, so there's no way that Romney could have won.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies