The Tim Tebow Effect in Colorado and Florida
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:49:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Tim Tebow Effect in Colorado and Florida
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Tim Tebow Effect in Colorado and Florida  (Read 7652 times)
Politico
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 14, 2012, 03:13:35 PM »

If Tebow, the most popular athlete (if not person) in America today, decides to use his clout in the political arena by actively campaigning for the eventual Republican nominee (almost surely Mitt Romney), how does that impact the electorate in Colorado (Tebow's NFL team is the Denver Broncos) and Florida (Tebow's home state), specifically with regards to female voters?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 03:16:10 PM »

Is this thread for serious?
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 03:17:41 PM »

It will have the same effect as any other endorsement from an athlete.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 03:18:02 PM »

Hard to tell with this one. Of course, there is a solution.

I rolled a six. So, yes. Yes, he is absolutely serious in this instance.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 03:26:05 PM »

Tim Tebow, an evangelical Christian, endorsing and actively campaigning for a Mormon.  That's rich.

And it's going to influence female voters.  That's richer, like 1% richest even.
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.30

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 03:26:40 PM »

Evangelicals feel comferable voting for Romney with Tim Tebow on his side.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 03:32:26 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2012, 03:34:47 PM by Politico »

Tim Tebow, an evangelical Christian, endorsing and actively campaigning for a Mormon.  That's rich.

And it's going to influence female voters.  That's richer, like 1% richest even.

Every mom in America wants their daughter to marry Tim Tebow. I think you are seriously underestimating the potential effect of a politically active Tebow, especially in his home state of Florida.

Sidenote: Pat Bowlen, owner of the Denver Broncos (and Tebow's employer), is a prominent Republican. The same goes for John Elway, who is an executive in charge of personnel decisions within the organization.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 03:33:41 PM »

Tim Tebow, an evangelical Christian, endorsing and actively campaigning for a Mormon.  That's rich.

And it's going to influence female voters.  That's richer, like 1% richest even.

Every mom in America wants their daughter to marry Tim Tebow. I think you are seriously underestimating the potential effect of a politically active Tebow, especially in his home state of Florida.

Every mom in America that is a religious nutcase wants their daughter to marry Tim Tebow.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 03:34:32 PM »

Have you asked them?
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 03:35:28 PM »

lololololol
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 03:35:38 PM »

Anyway, how do you say the name? Short or long 'e'? And is that an 'o' or an 'a'?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 03:35:45 PM »

Tim Tebow, an evangelical Christian, endorsing and actively campaigning for a Mormon.  That's rich.

And it's going to influence female voters.  That's richer, like 1% richest even.

Every mom in America that is a religious nutcase wants their daughter to marry Tim Tebow.

Even the nonreligious like Tebow. He's considered a moral figure, not a religious one.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »

Anyway, how do you say the name? Short or long 'e'? And is that an 'o' or an 'a'?

Tea-BO
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 03:38:38 PM »

"If Romney doesn't win, then I won't  your daughters."  -- Tebow
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 03:40:27 PM »

"Tea" like a cup of tea, and then "Bo" like "Bo Knows."
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 03:44:04 PM »

I honestly didn't know who this guy was until I read jmf's man-crush thread on him yesterday.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 03:47:29 PM »

If Tebow, the most popular athlete (if not person) in America today, decides to use his clout in the political arena by actively campaigning for the eventual Republican nominee (almost surely Mitt Romney), how does that impact the electorate in Colorado (Tebow's NFL team is the Denver Broncos) and Florida (Tebow's home state), specifically with regards to female voters?

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have read on this site.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 03:54:47 PM »

You guys don't watch ESPN a whole lot do you... the country has gone gaga over Tim Tebow.

Yes, he very well could have some small amount of influence on the election, particularly if he manages to get a couple more crazy wins like last week. People often base their vote off strange things. I don't mean the type of people who post here, I mean the type who couldn't name half the Republican candidates or don't know who the vice president is. Those people know who Tim Tebow is.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 03:57:21 PM »

Still, Tim Tebow has no reason to support Romney.  Tebow like most evangelicals is a populist being duped into supporting the right and has no reason to endorse Mormonism.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 04:01:19 PM »

You guys don't watch ESPN a whole lot do you... the country has gone gaga over Tim Tebow.

Yes, he very well could have some small amount of influence on the election, particularly if he manages to get a couple more crazy wins like last week. People often base their vote off strange things. I don't mean the type of people who post here, I mean the type who couldn't name half the Republican candidates or don't know who the vice president is. Those people know who Tim Tebow is.

I have been a sports fan  and followed politics for over 40 years and IMHO there has never been any athlete who's endorsement would move the needle even a little bit.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 04:21:14 PM »

I have been a sports fan  and followed politics for over 40 years and IMHO there has never been any athlete who's endorsement would move the needle even a little bit.

There's never been an athlete quite like Tim Tebow, so who knows?

And why would Tebow support Romney? Because he shares far more in common with Romney, especially in terms of values, than Obama.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 04:26:25 PM »

Tebow's popularity has less to do with his bizarre overt religiosity and more to do with his uncanny ability to consistently pull victory from the jaws of defeat, IMO.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 04:27:25 PM »

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sure a Tebow endorsement would win Skip Bayless's vote.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 05:48:26 PM »

It is not surprising when a train runs off a cliff in these parts, so why should I be surprised that this train started its journey mid-plummet?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 06:12:54 PM »

Try this, Tebow endorsing Ron Paul. Bringing evangelical young adults to the congressman and rides him to the White House.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies