Oceania Self Determination Act [VOTE: Motion to Table]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:51:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Oceania Self Determination Act [VOTE: Motion to Table]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Oceania Self Determination Act [VOTE: Motion to Table]  (Read 2412 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 12, 2012, 05:49:21 PM »
« edited: January 13, 2012, 06:02:12 PM by Bacon King, VP »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sponsor: Marokai Blue
Bill Slot: 1
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 06:16:40 PM »

I have to ask Senator Marokai this:

What qualifies this bill to be debated in the Senate? I believe this should be introduced, if anywhere, at the regional level.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 06:19:58 PM »

What qualifies this bill to be debated in the Senate? I believe this should be introduced, if anywhere, at the regional level.

Approval of the Senate is required to alter regional boundaries.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 06:22:20 PM »

Approval of the Senate is required to alter regional boundaries.

Derp xP

I withdraw my question xP
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 06:01:04 PM »

The Pacific Region will not give up Oceania, and our consent is required. The Senate can't just decide this. Besides, I don't think anyone is even registered there in the first place. What, is someone going to move there just to steal it?

Basically the GM wrote some wildly inaccurate stories, ignored the fact that the Pacific Region passed a law right away incorporating the new state into our region while granting the state a great deal of self-government, and is now trying to move the state to his region. Lame.

I motion to table!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 06:02:01 PM »

Senators, there is a motion to table this bill. Please vote aye, nay, or abstain.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 06:02:12 PM »

aye
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 06:04:56 PM »

Aye

The Midwest Senator is once again crossing the line.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 07:28:25 PM »

Aye.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 07:32:26 PM »

The Pacific Region will not give up Oceania, and our consent is required. The Senate can't just decide this. Besides, I don't think anyone is even registered there in the first place. What, is someone going to move there just to steal it?

Basically the GM wrote some wildly inaccurate stories, ignored the fact that the Pacific Region passed a law right away incorporating the new state into our region while granting the state a great deal of self-government, and is now trying to move the state to his region. Lame.

I motion to table!

The GM determines reality and you respect it whether you like it or not, frankly. I have hated many stories in the past that Purple State and Badger wrote, and I do not always like Shua's determinations either. But we cannot just dismiss whatever they say.

The law you wrote was a pitiful excuse for an incorporation bill that did nothing to assuage any of their concerns. You wrote nothing about their language, their culture, their self governance, etc.

What you didn't like was any negative story being written about the Pacific region, and when asked to do anything, you dug in your heels and stubbornly refused to do so on purpose, letting the situation get worse because the GM would obviously have no choice but to taken into account your inaction, so you could turn around and cry about it. If you would've knocked it off and just wrote something about their goddamn language, this issue would've been resolved a long time ago. You prefer letting it be some silly personal issue instead.

Nay on the motion to table. You and Me Too need to knock those off as well.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 07:52:33 PM »

I can understand the Pacific, but why the Midwest?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 07:53:51 PM »

I motion to table!

The GM determines reality and you respect it whether you like it or not, frankly. I have hated many stories in the past that Purple State and Badger wrote, and I do not always like Shua's determinations either. But we cannot just dismiss whatever they say.

The law you wrote was a pitiful excuse for an incorporation bill that did nothing to assuage any of their concerns. You wrote nothing about their language, their culture, their self governance, etc.

What you didn't like was any negative story being written about the Pacific region, and when asked to do anything, you dug in your heels and stubbornly refused to do so on purpose, letting the situation get worse because the GM would obviously have no choice but to taken into account your inaction, so you could turn around and cry about it. If you would've knocked it off and just wrote something about their goddamn language, this issue would've been resolved a long time ago. You prefer letting it be some silly personal issue instead.

Nay on the motion to table. You and Me Too need to knock those off as well.

I don't motion to table things very often. This bill is unconstitutional and I'm perfectly justified in my actions. And your interpretation of the bill is incorrect. It even says they will keep their local governments and that their incorporation into the Pacific is largely to give them voting rights in federal elections. The simple fact is there was a Pacifican response to Oceania. But you decided to use your position to go on some anti-JCP, anti-Pacific vendetta for whatever reason. And I can indeed ignore that if I want to.

ah, calling me a flame warrior and a cry baby. I see your tenure as PPT is off to a fantastic start! I'm sure debate in the Senate will flourish now that we have a leader who is willing to insult all who dare disagree with him.

Because like I said, Marokai wants to steal our state for his region.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 08:30:44 PM »

Nay
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 08:33:01 PM »

The Midwest Region cares about their culture. The Pacific does not.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 08:36:09 PM »

So does the IDS.  Give it to us.  We'll take good care of it Cheesy
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 10:42:42 PM »

So does the IDS.  Give it to us.  We'll take good care of it Cheesy
As the official representative of the Mideast Region in the Senate, I demand that Oceania be incorporated into our great region (and also be given a less stupid name) Angry.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 01:11:10 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2012, 01:13:30 AM by No Good Napoleon »

I have already lost confidence in Mary's PPT abilities. It is clear the troll cannot take any job more seriously than he would in his other flame wars all over the forum.

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 03:05:08 AM »

Aye on the motion to table.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 11:39:37 AM »

I have already lost confidence in Mary's PPT abilities. It is clear the troll cannot take any job more seriously than he would in his other flame wars all over the forum.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 02:37:04 PM »

Jake, many of us are used to the firm leadership of PPT bgwah. We don't take well to undisciplined and immature hacks who hurl insults at us in every single post. There is no need for three dots.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 05:25:54 PM »

Jake, many of us are used to the firm leadership of PPT bgwah. We don't take well to undisciplined and immature hacks who hurl insults at us in every single post. There is no need for three dots.

I won't way into on whether it is needed as I had to look up what it even meant.  My only question is who is "Mary?"  Is it a nickname?  If so, what is the meaning of it?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 05:30:57 PM »

I won't way into on whether it is needed as I had to look up what it even meant.  My only question is who is "Mary?"  Is it a nickname?  If so, what is the meaning of it?

"Mary" is a nickname of "Marokai".

Now, Marokai and Napoleon, both of y'all please stay civil on the floor of the Senate.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 05:34:09 PM »

Nay on the motion to table.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 05:34:39 PM »

I always assumed it was insult directed at his sexuality, because it was constantly used in IM chats by Hamilton and Libertas and I assumed they had originated it.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 05:35:48 PM »

You can't act like you haven't seen the disgusting things being said about bgwah, wormyguy, or me over the last couple days.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies