Poll: Austrians trust Obama and Merkel most to manage Euro-crisis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:05:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Poll: Austrians trust Obama and Merkel most to manage Euro-crisis
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Poll: Austrians trust Obama and Merkel most to manage Euro-crisis  (Read 434 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 11, 2012, 09:01:43 AM »

Pretty strange that Obama tops this list. The Austrian pollster OGM (historically, the most accurate pollster here) recently asked Austrians which national and international politicians they trust most in dealing with the Euro-(Zone) Crisis. Here are the results:

Balance of trust, minus no trust:

"Trust" and "No Trust" for each politician:

Obama gets a 54-28 trust rating and Merkel a 54-32 rating.

On the other hand, Lukas Papademos (Greece) has the worst rating with 8-46, followed by Heinz-Christian Strache (Austrian FPÖ-leader) with 28-60, David Cameron with 18-47 and Nicolas Sarkozy with 26-52.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 08:37:31 PM »

Obama knows politics, not economics, so this is surprising. I suspect that if Obama became a benevolent dictator, he would turn America into Zimbabwe.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 07:45:41 AM »

Obama knows politics, not economics, so this is surprising. I suspect that if Obama became a benevolent dictator, he would turn America into Zimbabwe.
Wonkish1

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 02:31:12 PM »

I had to laugh a little seeing L-Pap at the very bottom.

It invites another question their Branson. For most of German speaking world are Greeks pretty hated right now? Like has it spilled over to the point of being this off the cuff remark towards them to "Those 'beeping' 'beeps' are the biggest 'beeps' in the world and if they weren't so 'beeping' lazy/retarded/stupid/pathetic/etc everything would be just fine right now and now they are talking about taking my hard earned money to support their lavish pensions, those 'beeping', 'beeps', 'beep' them?"

So if an average Greek citizen walked into Austrian bar...? Better or worse than American walking into one in ~2006 at the height of the Iraq war?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 03:06:24 AM »

I had to laugh a little seeing L-Pap at the very bottom.

It invites another question their Branson. For most of German speaking world are Greeks pretty hated right now? Like has it spilled over to the point of being this off the cuff remark towards them to "Those 'beeping' 'beeps' are the biggest 'beeps' in the world and if they weren't so 'beeping' lazy/retarded/stupid/pathetic/etc everything would be just fine right now and now they are talking about taking my hard earned money to support their lavish pensions, those 'beeping', 'beeps', 'beep' them?"

So if an average Greek citizen walked into Austrian bar...? Better or worse than American walking into one in ~2006 at the height of the Iraq war?

No, it's not really that bad at all. Most Austrians still like to vacation in Greece in huge numbers, despite all the crisis talks:

More Austrians even vacation in Greece than in the US or France or Turkey.

Austrians might be critical of Greece because their economy sucks and because they entered the Eurozone on false economic data when they actully shouldn't have entered the Eurozone for another 20 years etc.

But I don't think if a Greek went into an Austrian bar, he/she would be confronted with hostility at all, maybe a lively discussion about idiotic politicians, bankers and corporations ... Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies