Apology
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:20:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Apology
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Apology  (Read 3125 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2011, 11:00:36 AM »

Good to see an apology. I Purple heart u Mikado Cheesy
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2011, 11:30:16 AM »

I guess I missed out on this. Oh well.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2011, 11:50:15 AM »

Lame.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2011, 03:33:55 PM »

I'm really impressed with Mikado. Most of the people here would either bitch about infraction or simply pretend nothing happened. And yet, despite he's, let's say, not a fan of Boss Tweed, he had a guts to offer a full apology.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2011, 04:31:40 PM »

it's interesting how this episode has seemed to become a PR positive for Mikado.  not because of the faction that will agree with the sentiment of his message, but because of his willingness to 'apologize', how 'gutsy' this is, how he only had a human moment, as we all do, and etc.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2011, 04:43:33 PM »

it's interesting how this episode has seemed to become a PR positive for Mikado.  not because of the faction that will agree with the sentiment of his message, but because of his willingness to 'apologize', how 'gutsy' this is, how he only had a human moment, as we all do, and etc.

I have hard time imagining most of the moderators here doing this, so yes, Mikado certainly deserved a credit.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2011, 04:44:56 PM »

Interesting how you continue to feed into his original point. You knew that already though...
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2011, 05:43:25 PM »

It isn't positive PR for his tenure as a moderator.  But he did make a personal apology to you, Tweed... which, as has already been said, is a lot more than many of the other mods would do.

What disheartens me is all the people agreeing with him.  Should we start making threads to rip into other posters too?

I don't think Antonio would like it if I made a really nasty post pointing out all of his faults and then having half the forum chime in with "YEAH!  Me too!" 

Or Hashemite for that matter.  Hash isn't known for being particularly sunny.  Should pick apart his personality flaws for closer examination?

It's disgusting that you can get infracted for calling somebody stupid... but if you make a truly vicious, personal attack, it takes the person who made the attack to ask for punishment in order for it to happen because everybody else is too busy cheering them on in their mob mentality.

I'll give it to Gustaf when he brought that up about "opinion of" threads or the matchup threads that are simply posted to insult the poster in question... that kinda behavior is what is really unacceptable. 

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2011, 07:36:03 PM »

It isn't positive PR for his tenure as a moderator.  But he did make a personal apology to you, Tweed... which, as has already been said, is a lot more than many of the other mods would do.

What disheartens me is all the people agreeing with him.  Should we start making threads to rip into other posters too?

I don't think Antonio would like it if I made a really nasty post pointing out all of his faults and then having half the forum chime in with "YEAH!  Me too!" 

Or Hashemite for that matter.  Hash isn't known for being particularly sunny.  Should pick apart his personality flaws for closer examination?

It's disgusting that you can get infracted for calling somebody stupid... but if you make a truly vicious, personal attack, it takes the person who made the attack to ask for punishment in order for it to happen because everybody else is too busy cheering them on in their mob mentality.

I'll give it to Gustaf when he brought that up about "opinion of" threads or the matchup threads that are simply posted to insult the poster in question... that kinda behavior is what is really unacceptable. 

...and I rarely start nor participate in those. Yet you think I'm such an enormous jerk?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2011, 08:36:17 PM »

I really don't think we should be dragging this thing. Mikado made an apology, give him a f**king chance now for Christ's sake instead of rejoining a mob mentality, this time directed against him. It's not like he's making several mean topics per week.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2011, 10:32:08 PM »

I read this thread and seriously ask myself "is this what I sound like" (when I get into a personal disagreement with someone) and feel shameful because I think it is.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2011, 10:33:00 PM »

I really don't think we should be dragging this thing. Mikado made an apology, give him a f**king chance now for Christ's sake instead of rejoining a mob mentality, this time directed against him. It's not like he's making several mean topics per week.

I don't see any such mob.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2011, 12:01:25 AM »

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE STILL POSTING IN THIS THREAD?!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2011, 12:40:15 AM »

Well at least people on this forum are being Christ-like for once. If Jesus was a poster on this forum He would no doubt tell Mikado now "Your sins are forgiven, go in peace."
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2011, 01:39:31 AM »

...If this were anyone's apology but my own, I'd say, "We get the point, apology accepted already" and close the thread.  I obviously can't do that in this case, but I'd appreciate it if you guys would let this thread die.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2011, 05:54:16 AM »

Never. This needs to be stickied. Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies