Senate Game Reform Committee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 11:33:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Game Reform Committee
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Game Reform Committee  (Read 1176 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 02, 2011, 02:48:24 AM »

Any Senator is welcome to join and citizens are welcome to provide input and ideas. When others join, we can get this thing organized.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 02:51:09 AM »

Even though there was a deficit of interest in the ideas generated in the GRC Report under President Polnut, they deserve a second good look to see if there is a diamond or two in the rough.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 03:01:05 AM »

let's become a monarchy with me as King Smiley
With you in spirit
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 06:21:01 AM »

Nice try Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 09:19:26 AM »

I'm certainly willing to consider this.  However, The People demand a more..suitable King Wink
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 04:24:59 PM »

Didn't we already do this?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 05:26:52 PM »

Yep.  Been there; done that; didn't work.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 05:37:46 PM »

Napoleon and game reform? It's like Pat Robertson establishing a Committee for Free Love and Free Condoms.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 05:59:25 PM »

When?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 06:01:18 PM »

Napoleon and game reform? It's like Pat Robertson establishing a Committee for Free Love and Free Condoms.

You can say that 100 more times and it will still be a LIE.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 07:38:40 PM »

August-September of this year.  It was me, Cinci, Marokai, a little Belgian, and maybe someone else?  I remember you posting in the thread in one of your moods.  *shrug*
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 07:41:11 PM »

You can argue this on the federal level perhaps, but on the regional level, his record of reform is stellar.

The failed Game Reform Committee that Polnut appointed myself, belgian, Marokai, and Yelnoc to.  Of course, the whole thing broke down because no one actually cared about our report.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 07:43:38 PM »

August-September of this year.  It was me, Cinci, Marokai, a little Belgian, and maybe someone else?  I remember you posting in the thread in one of your moods.  *shrug*

That's was totally different. I'm willing to reconsider some of those ideas, but this is actually just a way for Senators to organize thoughts, debate, and develop policy. Actually setting some goals would be nice. What you're talking about didn't work because it was just a long list with people only agreeing on a few things.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 07:45:35 PM »

That's was totally different. I'm willing to reconsider some of those ideas, but this is actually just a way for Senators to organize thoughts, debate, and develop policy. Actually setting some goals would be nice. What you're talking about didn't work because it was just a long list with people only agreeing on a few things.
So...you're going to do the same thing but with senators?  Did you maybe talk to some of your colleagues before posting this?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 07:48:19 PM »

So...you're going to do the same thing but with senators?  Did you maybe talk to some of your colleagues before posting this?

No, this is definitely not the same thing. The reform I most look forward to passing actually would create committees as a permanent Senate function.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 10:38:26 AM »

No, this is definitely not the same thing. The reform I most look forward to passing actually would create committees as a permanent Senate function.

So the committee would be differently only in that it would propose things you support?  Why don't you just introduce your ideas as bills?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 05:21:41 PM »

That isn't what I said. Give me a day or two.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 05:26:29 PM »

As we know from our experience, institutions solely dedicated to "reform" purpose are always dying quickly.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 05:48:49 PM »

As we know from our experience, institutions solely dedicated to "reform" purpose are always dying quickly.

Which is why a more collaborative environment that looks at reform as a way to solve identified problems is the best approach. We can start developing ideas with an explained purpose.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 01:15:15 AM »

I'm curious to hear what idea we proposed back then you actually like, since I've still kept the dream alive for tons of them and you hate almost all of them.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies