CA: Field Research Corporation: Obama leads Romney by 10, Gingrich by 20
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:42:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  CA: Field Research Corporation: Obama leads Romney by 10, Gingrich by 20
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA: Field Research Corporation: Obama leads Romney by 10, Gingrich by 20  (Read 894 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 01, 2011, 03:37:56 AM »

New Poll: California President by Field Research Corporation on 2011-11-27

Summary: D: 50%, R: 40%, U: 10%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 04:26:54 AM »

Good showing for Romney, not that it matters.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 04:47:52 AM »

Wow that's very good news for Romney. I'm not holding my breathe for the state to become competitive if he's the Republican nominee, but a 10 point loss could at least let Republicans pick up some seats in the state legislature and congress.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 05:06:24 AM »

Here's the comparable Field poll from Dec. 2007:

http://field.com/fieldpollonline/subscribers/Rls2253.pdf
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 02:36:27 PM »

Republicans oversampled
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 06:31:07 PM »

Wow that's very good news for Romney. I'm not holding my breathe for the state to become competitive if he's the Republican nominee, but a 10 point loss could at least let Republicans pick up some seats in the state legislature and congress.

The Republicans picked up about every House seat they could pick up in 2010 that they had any chance of winning in 2012 as well. The Republicans can expect to lose net House seats in 2012 because

1. They won a bunch of seats that have leaned D for a long time.

2. Freshman Representatives are more vulnerable after their first term than after any other

3. The winners of 2012 are on the whole far to the right of an electorate typical in a Presidential year

4. The current Congress is extremely unpopular.

A recent poll showed that Americans have on the average an approval rating of 41% for their Representative. Although some Reps are extremely popular in their ultra-safe districts, some are clearly on the other side. People who claim that the President has little chance of being re-elected with an approval rating of 44% eleven months before the election must say the same of a Representative who will be on the same ballot.   
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 11:03:00 PM »

The Republicans picked up about every House seat they could pick up in 2010 that they had any chance of winning in 2012 as well. The Republicans can expect to lose net House seats in 2012 because

1. They won a bunch of seats that have leaned D for a long time.

2. Freshman Representatives are more vulnerable after their first term than after any other

3. The winners of 2012 are on the whole far to the right of an electorate typical in a Presidential year

4. The current Congress is extremely unpopular.

A recent poll showed that Americans have on the average an approval rating of 41% for their Representative. Although some Reps are extremely popular in their ultra-safe districts, some are clearly on the other side. People who claim that the President has little chance of being re-elected with an approval rating of 44% eleven months before the election must say the same of a Representative who will be on the same ballot.   

I'm talking about California's congressional races. The compact districts should give Republicans a chance of picking up some seats there.
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 12:18:42 AM »

I'm talking about California's congressional races. The compact districts should give Republicans a chance of picking up some seats there.

The way California was redrawn the GOP are looking to lose seats, not gain them.
colincb
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -2.43

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 03:55:04 AM »

"According to the new maps, 39 of California's 53 districts in the U.S. House of Representatives would be Democratic-leaning, up from 33 now, according to an analysis by Eric McGhee, a policy fellow at the nonpartisan Public Policy Institute of California. "

-Redrawn Maps Give Democrats Lift in California (WSJ  Jul 30, 2011)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies