NBA Lockout appears to be over
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:43:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  NBA Lockout appears to be over
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NBA Lockout appears to be over  (Read 3064 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 26, 2011, 07:07:18 AM »

The owners and players have reached a tentative agreement that would end the NBA lockout and preserve a 66-game schedule beginning on Christmas Day.  Training camps and free agency would begin on December 9.  The owners and players still have to ratify the deal and the players still have to reform as a union, similar to what the NFL had to do in late July/early August to save their season.  The agreement is 10 years with a 6-year opt out clause for both sides.

Two words come to mind - THUNDER UP!!!!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 07:32:01 AM »

DAMN!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 08:59:01 AM »

Glory, glory hallelujah!  Glory, glory hallelujah!  Glory, glory hallelujah!  Let's go ball it up!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 09:42:50 AM »

..and this means NHL coverage will go from 1% of the general sports reporting it's been getting down to it's more natural .05%.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 10:00:49 AM »

So is there a hard salary cap?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 10:18:26 AM »

..and this means NHL coverage will go from 1% of the general sports reporting it's been getting down to it's more natural .05%.

Support.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 11:17:09 AM »

Support.

You monster.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 11:59:08 AM »

Support.

You monster.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 12:05:23 PM »

2011-2012 champs.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 03:03:05 PM »

Support.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 10:29:54 AM »

I wonder how much total David Boies will be paid for his NBPA work.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 01:08:31 PM »

Damn, I was hoping for a new Players League.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 01:59:22 PM »

Shame.  I was hoping they'd lose the season, but it appears the Grinch stole Christmas again.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 02:02:04 PM »

Shame.  I was hoping they'd lose the season, but it appears the Grinch stole Christmas again.

Essentially the same except I hope the nba would never recover.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 02:28:53 PM »

Oklahoma City needs the NBA.  Thunder home games bring in roughly $1 million dollars each game so in a full season that's a little over $40 million.  This season that will be $33 million or so.  Of course, with our success in the 2011 Playoffs, the Thunder brought in an extra $10 million to our City.  We are expected to contend for the Western Division crown again this year (that kind of prediction scares me to death), so hopefully we can get closer to a full season's worth of revenue.

I like this new CBA as it gives the small market teams like the Thunder a better chance to compete in getting the really good players that always seem to go to the Lakers, Mavs, Heat, or Celtics, your large market franchises, and gives us a very good chance at keeping arguably two of the leagues best young players in Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 04:32:59 PM »

Oklahoma City needs the NBA.  Thunder home games bring in roughly $1 million dollars each game so in a full season that's a little over $40 million.  This season that will be $33 million or so.  Of course, with our success in the 2011 Playoffs, the Thunder brought in an extra $10 million to our City.  We are expected to contend for the Western Division crown again this year (that kind of prediction scares me to death), so hopefully we can get closer to a full season's worth of revenue.

I like this new CBA as it gives the small market teams like the Thunder a better chance to compete in getting the really good players that always seem to go to the Lakers, Mavs, Heat, or Celtics, your large market franchises, and gives us a very good chance at keeping arguably two of the leagues best young players in Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.

Yeah sure...but no one needs Oklahoma City.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 04:42:08 PM »

Yeah sure...but no one needs Oklahoma City.

Biting my tongue...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 09:33:20 PM »

I just heard from a friend on facebook that the agreement didn't go through, am I missing something here?  I haven't seen it yet on ESPN.com or NBA.com, though.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 09:37:58 PM »

I just heard from a friend on facebook that the agreement didn't go through, am I missing something here?  I haven't seen it yet on ESPN.com or NBA.com, though.

Just did a google news headline search. Didn't see anything. No one's voting on it yet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 09:43:51 PM »

Just did a google news headline search. Didn't see anything. No one's voting on it yet.

Okay, I hadn't seen anything on any websites and I checked all of them, ESPN.com, NBA.com, CBSSports.com, NBCsports.com, FOXsports.com, I've even got ESPN News on my TV right now and all they're talking about is the firing of the Syracuse assistant coach.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 10:27:08 PM »

The owners were the bad guys here, so of course they won. Shame it happened; I was enjoying the NBA's absence.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 10:38:12 PM »

Yawn...go Big East
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 01:04:42 AM »

Nah, the most we could hope for was them to lose a full season, and possibly a contraction to fewer teams.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 02:07:36 AM »

I'll care in June. The regular season doesn't interest me, but I'm hoping someone will stop Lebron come playoff time!
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 02:23:45 AM »

Oklahoma didn't seem to need the Thunder before 2008 did they? Perhaps they should return to their rightful (and much larger market) city.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies