Dutch, Austrian and Finnish bonds start to sell off.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:25:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Dutch, Austrian and Finnish bonds start to sell off.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Dutch, Austrian and Finnish bonds start to sell off.  (Read 1928 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 16, 2011, 01:31:41 PM »

Trading of anything but German bunds—seen as safe securities akin to U.S. Treasurys—became difficult. Investors sold bonds issued by triple-A rated France and Austria. Even prices of bonds issued by fiscally upright Northern European triple-A nations such as Finland and the Netherlands fell.

Mr. Geithner, choosing his words carefully, suggested the European Central Bank should be doing more. "There are lots of ways for the central bank to play a more effective supportive role…It's not rocket science."

...Eurostat said gross domestic product in the 17-nation euro zone grew 0.6% at an annualized rate during the third quarter, the weakest expansion since the region came out of a recession more than two years ago.

The dour report showed fewer economies expanding. While Germany and France recovered, Austria barely grew and the Dutch economy contracted.

...Yields on bonds of the Netherlands rose 0.09 percentage point on Tuesday, rising to 0.626 percentage point above bunds. Finland jumped 0.107 percentage point to 0.707 percentage point above bunds and Austria rose to a spread of 1.80 percentage points.

-------------------------------------------

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204323904577039490200567620.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Color me surprised. This is the first time that the bond market dislocation has hit countries running a current account surplus. It appears that economic fundamentals are becoming less and less important to the bond markets, or they are reacting to the latest GDP reports. Comments?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 01:36:35 PM »

The dour report showed fewer economies expanding. While Germany and France recovered, Austria barely grew and the Dutch economy contracted.

Barely grew ? The economy grew by almost 3% compared with Q3 2010.
Wonkish1

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 01:42:48 PM »
« Edited: November 16, 2011, 01:45:08 PM by Wonkish1 »

Congratulations Eurozone you have officially made the problem systemic by dragging the solvent countries right into this mess by increasingly shifting risk to them.

I think this is increasingly driven by the realization that Euro core banking system is extremely weak and that once you figure in a bank recap all of these countries look worse than the US(and that even includes Germany).

Tender, I would be pissed at the leaders of the Eurozone today if I were you!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 01:56:07 PM »

Mr. Geithner, choosing his words carefully, suggested the European Central Bank should be doing more. "There are lots of ways for the central bank to play a more effective supportive role…It's not rocket science."

Duh.  They can type 10,000,000,000,000 into the computer just as easily as I can.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 02:40:11 PM »

Wonkish, it's a self fulfilling prophecy. The more countries come under attack, the less their bonds are worth, the more trouble the banks are in, et cetera et cetera et cetera. The risk hasn't been shifted to the core-- that would imply that there's the same amount of risk now as there was 6 months ago or a year ago. The credit markets are not saying that. They're saying there's more risk. The risk has been allowed to grow into the core. Plus, no one, least of all the European authorities, has yet to articulate what the precise quantitative criteria of a solvent country is. The main worry is that the markets themselves are treated as 'perfectly rational' and allowed to determine whether a nation is solvent by themselves, thereby obliterating the dividing line between a liquidity crisis and a solvency crisis.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 02:51:09 PM »

Duh.  They can type 10,000,000,000,000 into the computer just as easily as I can.

I thought computers confused you?

Beet,
I think people are simply running for cover now. Things are beginning to look pretty damn bad.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 03:07:21 PM »

Well, they bore me, Gustaf.  But either way, precisely the point was you don't need to understand anything other than where the ones and zeros and commas are on the keyboard:

Just type ten trillion or so in to the ECB computer, and buy up all the bonds.  Problem solved.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 04:54:37 PM »

Well, they bore me, Gustaf.  But either way, precisely the point was you don't need to understand anything other than where the ones and zeros and commas are on the keyboard:

Just type ten trillion or so in to the ECB computer, and buy up all the bonds.  Problem solved.

That's not true, opebo. The ECB, believe it or not, is aware of that possibility. However, there are enough German concerns of redistribution that they must be addressed.

Recently, Mervyn King did speak out in defense of the ECB. You should respect his opinion on this matter because he was educated at Cambridge, and given his role as Governor of the Bank of England, and given the Bank of England's actions in the past couple of years, you cannot say that he has Freiburg-school or Weimar-paranoia blinders on. He drew a key distinction between the BoE's bond buys and the kind of being asked of the ECB- the former, he said, was for the purpose of stimulating demand, whereas the latter, is being asked to finance government spending.

Of course, Germany was subsidizing other countries before in two ways. First, the market interest rates charged other countries fell dramatically in the 1990s as they approached euro-membership. It was Germany that was subsidizing these lower borrowing costs, which in some countries enabled quite a binge. Secondly, as Germany began to run large surpluses after 2005, it exerted upward pressure on the value of the euro, and hence allowed other countries to buy foreign-made goods and services at a lower price than they otherwise would have been charged. This financed the current account deficits of many other euro-area nations, encouraging consumption and disincentivizing production in these countries.

However, these subsidies were implicit. I believe that the German politicians either deceived the German people, or the latter deceived themselves, into believing that these were not real subsidies. Now, the market is demanding a shift from implicit to explicit subsidy. For better or worse, Germans are unwilling to finance these things in an explicit way.

Basically, Germany deserves something in return if the ECB is going to be asked to step in in a massive and asymmetric way. Some possibilities are for recipient countries to enact balanced budget amendments, or some other form of mandated fiscal targeting. It is obvious from Greece that piecemeal austerity measures enacted one-step-at-a-time have failed, so there must be measures that are enacted once, and once enacted, adjust themselves based on future circumstances.

Note that redistribution is less of a problem if the ECB intervenes symmetrically. That is, if it buys a proportionate amount of bonds from each country as each country holds in euro wealth. So if Germany has 20% of all euro wealth, then 20% of all bond buys under a symmetric bond buying program would be German. However, this would necessitate a much higher quantity of buys to defend the particular markets under the most trouble, and so has too much of an inflationary bias.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 05:27:44 PM »

...He drew a key distinction between the BoE's bond buys and the kind of being asked of the ECB- the former, he said, was for the purpose of stimulating demand, whereas the latter, is being asked to finance government spending.

The distinction is absurd - demand is created by government spending.

Of course, Germany was subsidizing other countries before in two ways. First, the market interest rates charged other countries fell dramatically in the 1990s as they approached euro-membership. It was Germany that was subsidizing these lower borrowing costs, which in some countries enabled quite a binge. Secondly, as Germany began to run large surpluses after 2005, it exerted upward pressure on the value of the euro, and hence allowed other countries to buy foreign-made goods and services at a lower price than they otherwise would have been charged. This financed the current account deficits of many other euro-area nations, encouraging consumption and disincentivizing production in these countries.

Precisely - the Euro benefited the Germans and harmed these other countries.  It did not 'enable a binge', it destroyed their economies.

However, these subsidies were implicit. I believe that the German politicians either deceived the German people, or the latter deceived themselves, into believing that these were not real subsidies. Now, the market is demanding a shift from implicit to explicit subsidy. For better or worse, Germans are unwilling to finance these things in an explicit way.

Those weren't subsidies at all, just economic dislocation.  The subsidy was for the Germans to enjoy a more export-supportive exchange rate.

Basically, Germany deserves something in return if the ECB is going to be asked to step in in a massive and asymmetric way. Some possibilities are for recipient countries to enact balanced budget amendments, or some other form of mandated fiscal targeting. It is obvious from Greece that piecemeal austerity measures enacted one-step-at-a-time have failed, so there must be measures that are enacted once, and once enacted, adjust themselves based on future circumstances.

Nothing these countries can do can make them survive economically in a competitive global economy unless the Euro is devalued 30% or so.  The change needs to come from the Germans , not these victim countries.  If the Germans would agree to a monetization of the debt the Euro might fall to a competitive level (though I wouldn't count on it - to bring down the Euro would probably require a lot more printing, and buying of dollars, yuan, etc., than the printing required for just this little bit of debt).

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 05:34:39 PM »

1) Although a lower exchange rate helped Germany export, by itself, exporting is not a good. It means you are working more for the sake of others. The countries' whose exchange rates are lifted up are the ones receiving subsidy.

2) The euro is not overvalued, the dollar is overvalued. The dollar is the most oversubsidized currency in history on account of the several trillion dollars held by non-dollar economies as official reserves. That is why China can help by diversifying its reserves.

3) Let me clarify that I do support ECB intervention and disagree with Jens Weidmann about Article 123-- it clearly prohibits specifically only direct buying from governments, there is no legal prohibition against buying on secondary markets (e.g., 'monetary financing').

4) All I am saying is that, this is a form of [continued] internal transfer, and Germany deserves some quid pro quo if it so demands, which by all appearances it does.
Wonkish1

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 06:25:28 PM »

1) Although a lower exchange rate helped Germany export, by itself, exporting is not a good. It means you are working more for the sake of others. The countries' whose exchange rates are lifted up are the ones receiving subsidy.

2) The euro is not overvalued, the dollar is overvalued. The dollar is the most oversubsidized currency in history on account of the several trillion dollars held by non-dollar economies as official reserves. That is why China can help by diversifying its reserves.

3) Let me clarify that I do support ECB intervention and disagree with Jens Weidmann about Article 123-- it clearly prohibits specifically only direct buying from governments, there is no legal prohibition against buying on secondary markets (e.g., 'monetary financing').

4) All I am saying is that, this is a form of [continued] internal transfer, and Germany deserves some quid pro quo if it so demands, which by all appearances it does.

Your 1 and 2 are absolutely correct(although I don't know about the most in history).

3 I disagree.

4 Germany wont agree to that and there is no worthy thing to trade to Germany in exchange for hyperinflation. They could make German people the only voters for all of Europe and the German government the European government and Germany would still scratch its head at the thought of monetizing the rest of Europe's debt problems. Nor would it fix the problem and instead just delay the day of reckoning.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 07:25:43 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Absolutely not true, it would fix the problem. The entire world's economy is based on the premise that debts will get paid off. Abandon that principle, and the entire world economy and world capitalism will collapse. It is worth any economic price to prevent that from happening. And if it does happen, urged on by the likes of people like you, Wonkish, we will know exactly who to blame in the Armageddon.
Wonkish1

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 07:54:26 PM »
« Edited: November 16, 2011, 07:56:15 PM by Wonkish1 »

Absolutely not true, it would fix the problem. The entire world's economy is based on the premise that debts will get paid off. Abandon that principle, and the entire world economy and world capitalism will collapse. It is worth any economic price to prevent that from happening. And if it does happen, urged on by the likes of people like you, Wonkish, we will know exactly who to blame in the Armageddon.

Look I always laugh a little at the Armageddon folks. As I have pointed out on here before, Argentina has defaulted recently. Russia defaulted recently. Iceland kind of defaulted recently. A ton of people holding mortgages defaulted recently.

Tons of countries have defaulted in the last 500 years and yet human progress, innovation, trade, etc. continue to march on and not to long after these large defaults the populations most affected are doing fine. Now that is a far cry from me saying there wont be pain. There will be enormous pain felt by average people. It will be heart wrenching in every degree imaginable. The difference is that I'm living in reality where reality says that the decision to put yourself at more than 100% of GDP in debt is what baked that pain in not those that are pointing out the inevitable correction is better sooner rather than later.

Now I'm not naive enough to think that you can solve a debt crisis by issuing more debt or adding galloping hyper inflation. For the former all we have to look at is the last couple years to show that adding more debt doesn't work. And for the latter all we have to do is look at the Weimar republic or more recently the galloping hyper inflation several Latin American countries experienced a few decades ago(and even those countries didn't print to the level that Europeans would have to in order to substantially bring down the debt load). It doesn't solve the problem.

The fact is that there is no easy way out and when the hard truth finally gets slapped into these countries then maybe we might be looking at severe problems for these countries and these people, but trade will not cease. And they'll bounce back without the huge debt burdens they have now.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 08:01:37 PM »

I used to hold the view that unleashing the powers of inflation a bit would substantially bring down a country's debt, but now I'm not so sure.

What are interest rates like in the Eurozone nations?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 08:17:03 PM »

Look I always laugh a little at the Armageddon folks. As I have pointed out on here before, Argentina has defaulted recently. Russia defaulted recently. Iceland kind of defaulted recently. A ton of people holding mortgages defaulted recently.

Tons of countries have defaulted in the last 500 years and yet human progress, innovation, trade, etc. continue to march on and not to long after these large defaults the populations most affected are doing fine. Now that is a far cry from me saying there wont be pain. There will be enormous pain felt by average people. It will be heart wrenching in every degree imaginable. The difference is that I'm living in reality where reality says that the decision to put yourself at more than 100% of GDP in debt is what baked that pain in not those that are pointing out the inevitable correction is better sooner rather than later.

Now I'm not naive enough to think that you can solve a debt crisis by issuing more debt or adding galloping hyper inflation. For the former all we have to look at is the last couple years to show that adding more debt doesn't work. And for the latter all we have to do is look at the Weimar republic or more recently the galloping hyper inflation several Latin American countries experienced a few decades ago(and even those countries didn't print to the level that Europeans would have to in order to substantially bring down the debt load). It doesn't solve the problem.

The fact is that there is no easy way out and when the hard truth finally gets slapped into these countries then maybe we might be looking at severe problems for these countries and these people, but trade will not cease. And they'll bounce back without the huge debt burdens they have now.

This is not going to be anything like the Russia, Argentina defaults. Those economies were marginal. This is NOTHING like them. If all of Europe defaults, it will be massive.

If on the other hand the ECB massively intervenes, there will be no hyper-inflation. Things will be much better.
Wonkish1

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 08:25:29 PM »

I used to hold the view that unleashing the powers of inflation a bit would substantially bring down a country's debt, but now I'm not so sure.

You're really going to have to be specific because in Germany they are relatively close to what they are in the US. In Greece the 1 year is currently over 200% (yeah you read that right). Italy is over 7% on 10 year.

When it comes to printing some countries will engage in a little to try to counter deflationary pressures(I don't agree with it, but they do). The inflation doesn't materialize right away so many people are fooled by that one. But when you are trying to reduce the total debt out standing by printing it just never works. As soon as you stop the galloping inflation that has been growing will just materialize in the interest rates and your cost of capital will skyrocket. Furthermore, it blows a whole in your budget because of how many things are tied to inflation. And if you don't monetize existing bonds and only monetize new issues then value of existing bonds collapse and your pension and banking system go with it.

Once you start printing a decent amount your not going to be able to stop easily because the cost of capital(interest rate) on whats left will just be to extremely high to deal with.
Wonkish1

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 08:28:03 PM »

This is not going to be anything like the Russia, Argentina defaults. Those economies were marginal. This is NOTHING like them. If all of Europe defaults, it will be massive.

If on the other hand the ECB massively intervenes, there will be no hyper-inflation. Things will be much better.

So you think that monetizing an amount equal to lets say 1/3 of your total GDP wont cause hyper inflation or a rise in future cost of capital?

No question it will hurt more. But it wont be the first time in human history a cluster of sovereign defaults has occurred either.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 08:29:31 PM »

You're really going to have to be specific because in Germany they are relatively close to what they are in the US. In Greece the 1 year is currently over 200% (yeah you read that right). Italy is over 7% on 10 year.

When it comes to printing some countries will engage in a little to try to counter deflationary pressures(I don't agree with it, but they do). The inflation doesn't materialize right away so many people are fooled by that one. But when you are trying to reduce the total debt out standing by printing it just never works. As soon as you stop the galloping inflation that has been growing will just materialize in the interest rates and your cost of capital will skyrocket. Furthermore, it blows a whole in your budget because of how many things are tied to inflation. And if you don't monetize existing bonds and only monetize new issues then value of existing bonds collapse and your pension and banking system go with it.

Once you start printing a decent amount your not going to be able to stop easily because the cost of capital(interest rate) on whats left will just be to extremely high to deal with.

Not true. You combine printing to deal with a liquidity crisis and fiscal austerity. Galloping inflation will not materialize. And if it does, society can choose between inflation and unemployment. But it will not be hyperinflation in any sense.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 08:30:49 PM »

So you think that monetizing an amount equal to lets say 1/3 of your total GDP wont cause hyper inflation or a rise in future cost of capital?

No question it will hurt more. But it wont be the first time in human history a cluster of sovereign defaults has occurred either.

Absolutely not. Inflation also depends on the velocity of money. A rise in nominal interest rates is not a rise in the cost of capital.

And trust me, a cluster of European sovereign defaults would be the worst economic catastrophe since the 1930s (at least), and a repeat of the 1930s is unacceptable.
Wonkish1

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 08:38:28 PM »

Not true. You combine printing to deal with a liquidity crisis and fiscal austerity. Galloping inflation will not materialize. And if it does, society can choose between inflation and unemployment. But it will not be hyperinflation in any sense.

The Phillips Curve doesn't actually exist in real life. The 1970s proved that. You pick inflation and the curve shifts upward immediately. Any model that relies on time being 0 because of the affect of choosing one of the sides of that model on the model itself is useless.

I loved how all of the Keynesians were forced to explain that one in the 70s. "Stagflation is economically impossible" they were so convinced of it. They were positive. Well the 1970s came around and boom their central model in monetary theory was a laughing stock. Its one thing to say a is better than b and never being able to definitely show it because of all of the variables. With the Philips Curve it was a can "never, ever, ever, ever happen" well it happened guess they learned not to take risks like that again.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 08:44:20 PM »

The Phillips Curve doesn't actually exist in real life. The 1970s proved that. You pick inflation and the curve shifts upward immediately. Any model that relies on time being 0 because of the affect of choosing one of the sides of that model on the model itself is useless.

I loved how all of the Keynesians were forced to explain that one in the 70s. "Stagflation is economically impossible" they were so convinced of it. They were positive. Well the 1970s came around and boom their central model in monetary theory was a laughing stock. Its one thing to say a is better than b and never being able to definitely show it because of all of the variables. With the Philips Curve it was a can "never, ever, ever, ever happen" well it happened guess they learned not to take risks like that again.

Except its not the 70s anymore. The problems of the 70s were peanuts, compared to now. Of course the Phillips curve is not a law of nature, as economic laws never are. That does not mean that there is no trade-off between unemployment and inflation in many different scenarios.
Wonkish1

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 08:49:37 PM »

Absolutely not. Inflation also depends on the velocity of money. A rise in nominal interest rates is not a rise in the cost of capital.

And trust me, a cluster of European sovereign defaults would be the worst economic catastrophe since the 1930s (at least), and a repeat of the 1930s is unacceptable.

Yeah but if your printing money like crazy you have to rely on the velocity of money to fall by equal amount to keep things stable. Not going to happen. You increase the quantity of money(especially if its fast becoming 'hot' money) the velocity skyrockets too.

Well I cautious to say 1930s per se. In living standards for the year afterward maybe even worse. But lets keep in mind that the 1930s didn't have that really bad day and then steady improvement because the Federal Reserve kept on tightening and tightening and tightening basically giving the economy the opposite medicine because they were guessing the problem wrong and just kept driving lower and lower bottoms. Instead with Europe the first year would be absolutely horrible(I mean Argentina bad for the public), but the second year would start to look you had some light at the end of the tunnel and the situation would recover. And assuming the countries handled the recovery well there is no reason to not expect a full recovery in 3-5 years(with half that being not to bad).

And when the choices are the depths of the depression for a little bit or Weimar Republic for a long time I just don't see how you could possibly pick the Weimar Republic as the better choice.

And a rise of interest rates does rise the cost of capital. Also its a fact that markets are forward looking and that includes the bond markets. So if your printing insane amounts the interest rates don't just go up by the amount of inflation they go up by what they anticipate is enough cushion to cover future inflation rates. The late 1970s proved that.
Wonkish1

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 08:57:29 PM »

Except its not the 70s anymore. The problems of the 70s were peanuts, compared to now. Of course the Phillips curve is not a law of nature, as economic laws never are. That does not mean that there is no trade-off between unemployment and inflation in many different scenarios.

Of course there isn't a trade-off between unemployment and inflation. The only thing money printing does for employment is to trick a few suckers into thinking they have more money so they hire a little bit. But almost immediately all of the input costs rise to and your right back in the same position.

I'm starting to feel like the guy that went around pointing out that things are really, really bad and people are like oh don't worry will have a managed default and everything will be fine and I said no that's not how it works. Then one day I wake up and everybody is freaking out with their hair on fire screaming about how particularly important central bank needs to print 100s of billions of dollars if not trillions of dollars otherwise we're all going back to the stone age. And now I'm forced to tell them don't worry it will suck, but its not the end of the world. Its not Armageddon. Just relax take a breath and realize that nothing has never been able to derail human progress for tens of thousands of years(yeah even the cavemen trading hooks for beads were trading), nothing has derailed us for the last 500 years. We'll be okay! But your not going to be able avoid the reality of whats about to happen. You can't. There is no easy way out as much as people want there to be.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 08:57:41 PM »

Yeah but if your printing money like crazy you have to rely on the velocity of money to fall by equal amount to keep things stable. Not going to happen. You increase the quantity of money(especially if its fast becoming 'hot' money) the velocity skyrockets too.

Not true. The velocity of money is a simple mathematical identity with quantity in the denominator. So if you create a lot of new money, the velocity of money falls by definition. Its tendency is to fall. It requires positive action for it to rise. The Fed created a ton of money in 2009 and it didn't result in high inflation at all. Inflation is still lower than it was in the 1980s.

There will be no Weimar Republic. The Weimar Republic is a boogeyman and what people dont understand is that, that was a deliberate situation and there were all kinds of complications involving reparations and the Ruhr and French invasion. No comparison.

I mean, first of all if you are admitting it will be worse than the 1930s then you already have admitted surrender. In the 1930s there were kids starving in the streets. The consequences of the 1930s were unacceptable... even the consequences of 1 year of that would be unacceptable. And it wouldn't just last one year.

As for Argentina it is running super high inflation and suffered an 80% currency devaluation.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 08:59:37 PM »

I'm starting to feel like the guy that went around pointing out that things are really, really bad and people are like oh don't worry will have a managed default and everything will be fine and I said no that's not how it works. Then one day I wake up and everybody is freaking out with their hair on fire screaming about how particularly important central bank needs to print 100s of billions of dollars if not trillions of dollars otherwise we're all going back to the stone age. And now I'm forced to tell them don't worry it will suck, but its not the end of the world. Its not Armageddon. Just relax take a breath and realize that nothing has never been able to derail human progress for tens of thousands of years(yeah even the cavemen trading hooks for beads were trading), nothing has derailed us for the last 500 years. We'll be okay! But your not going to be able avoid the reality of whats about to happen. You can't. There is no easy way out as much as people want there to be.

You can say all that about the ECB buying bonds.

As for EU sovereign default of all the nations it would be utter catastrophe. You already admitted it would be worse than the Great Depression.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies