Liberals On Here Care To Respond?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:35:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Liberals On Here Care To Respond?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Liberals On Here Care To Respond?  (Read 17380 times)
Wonkish1

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 14, 2011, 11:42:45 PM »
« edited: November 14, 2011, 11:47:14 PM by Wonkish1 »

http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/12/gay-tv-star-claims-he-was-assaulted-bloodied-for-being-a-conservative-associated-with-ann-coulter/

"Taylor Garrett, a Republican consultant in Texas who stars in the reality series on the channel LOGO TV, said in an interview that he was attacked outside a birthday party in Dallas after finding a vandal scratching “F–k Coulter” on the side of his car."

So if they are a gay republican then its open season on their a$$?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 12:30:47 AM »
« Edited: November 16, 2011, 01:26:46 PM by Badger »

Just because someone is gay doesn't excuse their support of the GOP.
Wonkish1

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 01:04:57 AM »

Just what was Garrett doing in that parking lot? And how did he buy that car, anyway?

Well first of all in the article it said what he was doing in the parking lot. He came back to his car to get a present for a friend. Maybe you didn't read that far?

And who cares how bought the car.

Where is the outrage on here like the kid from Bachmann's district which I came on said was a shame. I at least expected people to come on here and decry what happened. Instead there is one post from a person acting like it was justified because supports the GOP and another that asks pointless questions about the situation. And then everybody else just doesn't post anything.

Are Dems on here trying to advertise that bigoted behavior is tolerable towards particular groups when people in those groups support Republicans? Do Dems just care about gays only to the extent that benefits the Democratic party?

These answers and the lack of answers are very telling and I think you should be ashamed of yourselves.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 01:18:51 AM »

Reginald
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 01:32:49 AM »

People still care about Ann Coulter?
Wonkish1

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 01:40:40 AM »

If I actually told you what I thought of you for posting that as a response to this article I would be sanctioned by the mods.

Unbelievable. So now every time any gay, black, etc. that gets beaten or has his property damaged because he's a republican or conservative we should just assume they are faking it?

How do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Jacobtm

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 02:07:28 AM »
« Edited: November 15, 2011, 02:10:05 AM by Jacobtm »

Response:

Seems that you completely made up that he was attacked for being a gay conservative.

He was just attacked for being a friend of Ann Coulter.

Although he has a heightened sense of victimhood, being a conservative, the fact that some gay people are mean to him and some anti-Ann Coulter vandal punched him don't have anything to do with each other.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 02:11:58 AM »

What does his being gay have to do with anything?  Did the vandal scratch the word "fag" on there too?

How do we even know the vandal was a liberal?  As Coulter is an embarrassment to conservatives anyway, perhaps the vandal was a conservative himself?  Or perhaps he was suggesting that he literally f**k 'her'?  You know, as a cure for the gay thing, by starting with shemales first and gradually moving on to genuine women.

This Garrett guy jumped to a bunch of conclusions in his hurry to play the victim card, and apparently so did you.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 02:19:28 AM »

I write " Ann Coulter" all over the place, but I'm a very community-oriented person.
Wonkish1

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 02:23:17 AM »

I'm absolutely flabbergasted!

Obviously since the guy wrote "F**k Coulter" on his car he knew who he was. That doesn't take a rocket scientist.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 02:31:46 AM »
« Edited: November 23, 2011, 05:02:58 AM by Mr. Moderate »

If I actually told you what I thought of you for posting that as a response to this article I would be sanctioned by the mods.

Unbelievable. So now every time any gay, black, etc. that gets beaten or has his property damaged because he's a republican or conservative we should just assume they are faking it?

How do you look at yourself in the mirror?

Say what you want about me.

I'm not going to get worked up over some guy getting punched in Texas. Even according to his own (probably fake) story, he was attacked for being a conservative, not for being gay. I don't know why you're talking about gays and blacks. He jumps to ridiculous conclusions about "Democrats" wanting to make him a slave. A reality TV "star" from some garbage show I've never heard of making over the top, grandiose claims? He's obviously an attention whore and a liar. It's exceedingly likely this incident was fabricated (or heavily exaggerated) to acquire more of the attention he so desperately craves. And of course Republicans jump at the opportunity to "prove" that liberals can be violent, too.

If you want to see cruelty against gays, see all of the right-wing hatred directed against gay kids in high school who end up committing suicide.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 02:36:11 AM »

As should you, frankly, for jumping on this bandwagon of bullsh**t.  And for using the word "flabbergasted" in an apparently legitimate context.
Wonkish1

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 02:42:03 AM »
« Edited: November 23, 2011, 05:03:55 AM by Mr. Moderate »

Say what you want about me.

I'm not going to get worked up over some guy getting punched in Texas. Even according to his own (probably fake) story, he was attacked for being a conservative, not for being gay. I don't know why you're talking about gays and blacks. He jumps to ridiculous conclusions about "Democrats" wanting to make him a slave. A reality TV "star" from some garbage show I've never heard of making over the top, grandiose claims? He's obviously an attention whore and a liar. It's exceedingly likely this incident was fabricated (or heavily exaggerated) to acquire more of the attention he so desperately craves. And of course Republicans jump at the opportunity to "prove" that liberals can be violent, too.

If you want to see cruelty against gays, see all of the right-wing hatred directed against gay kids in high school who end up committing suicide.

Average Republican figures don't get their cars vandalized and punched in the face. So you think the rock thrown through his window with a note attached to it and this incident were just because he was conservative and not because he was a gay conservative. That's really funny!

How hard is it just to say, "Wow, sad" and move on with your day?
Wonkish1

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 02:42:50 AM »

As should you, frankly, for jumping on this bandwagon of bullsh**t.  And for using the word "flabbergasted" in an apparently legitimate context.

Add you to the "horrible person" list!
Jacobtm

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 02:44:14 AM »
« Edited: November 15, 2011, 02:46:16 AM by Jacobtm »

Obviously since the guy wrote "F**k Coulter" on his car he knew who he was. That doesn't take a rocket scientist.

Of course the vandal knew who the guy was, a friend of Ann Coulter.

Conservatives love to play the victim.
Wonkish1

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 02:50:04 AM »

But "friends of Ann Coulter" don't get beat on, have their cars vandalized, and their homes vandalized. So why is it that he's having this done to him and not them?

"Conservatives love to play the victim" LOL that is funny! I don't get how you could be dumb enough to post a statement like that as a democrat.

Again I see liberal Gays getting beat up because they are gay as a tragedy. How hard is it for Dems to see the same when it happens to a conservative Gay. Wait is it because conservative gays have gone off the reservation and don't deserve your sympathy? Again you guys are pathetic. All you had to do was say, "Sad" and that's it. That is what I was expecting from the average folks on here. But man did you guys disappoint.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 02:52:00 AM »

Say what you want about me. You're easily one of the dumbest people on this forum, and chances are I'd be amused by whatever pathetic little attack your peanut-sized brain could come up with.

Really I'm the dumb one? LOL! Okay, buddy! 3/4 of the political subjects discussed on these forums I could pound you into the ground on with little effort as many on here have already learned.

Average Republican figures don't get their cars vandalized and punched in the face. So you think the rock thrown through his window with a note attached to it and this incident were just because he was conservative and not because he was a gay conservative. That's really funny!

Further the fact that you would immediately assume any time something happens to gay conservative its fake just shows you to be a bigoted idiot who doesn't deserve the respect of people on these forums.

How hard is it just to say, "Wow, sad" and move on with your day? No instead people have to show how truly pathetic they are!

Haha, I was right, that did amuse me! I like how you claim I "assume" certain things about gay conservatives. I never said anything of the sort. It's cute how you have to make stuff up to convince yourself that you're winning this argument. Is this an example of you "pounding" me into the ground? You realize people can read what you're quoting and easily recognize that you're full of sh*t and a liar, right?

You'll never pound me into the ground on anything. I don't go around acting like I'm an expert on subjects I know little about. You, on the other hand, argued that "surfer dudes" and "hippie vegans" made up a large portion of white Democrats on California. Now that is laughable!

I now realize I was being generous regarding the size of your brain. It's probably closer in size to a grain of sand.

I probably should be ashamed of myself, though... You're obviously a troll (and not a very good one) and I'm having way too much fun feeding you!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 02:53:43 AM »

Yeah, this topic is just stupid now.  Let's talk about something else.

When was the last time we had a Republican newbie who wasn't a clueless culture warrior or worthless troll?  TJ in Cleve seems decent from what I've seen.  Possibly Cincinnati too (though confusingly he has a NY avatar, IIRC).  And... that's it?  Wow.
Jacobtm

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 03:00:48 AM »

But "friends of Ann Coulter" don't get beat on, have their cars vandalized, and their homes vandalized. So why is it that he's having this done to him and not them?

"Conservatives love to play the victim" LOL that is funny! I don't get how you could be dumb enough to post a statement like that as a democrat.

Conservatives are also great at ignoring criticism, but it isn't funny to anyone who pays attention to rhetoric. Conservatives are always whining, creating an identity of victimhood which they use to rile up people who feel they're being targeted because of they're Christians, Gun-Owners, Rich, whatever.

Cuz ''they'' wanna take ''our'' jobs/guns/country away from ''us''!

There's nothing anti-gay that happened.

The dude is on TV and associated with Ann Coulter, who is a huge dick that gets people very upset by saying purposefully inflammatory things.

Meanwhile, some gay people think it's ed up to support a party that wants to ban Gay Marriage.

No where is it shown that he was attacked cause he was gay.

Wonkish1

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 03:05:13 AM »

Haha, I was right, that did amuse me! I like how you claim I "assume" certain things about gay conservatives. I never said anything of the sort. It's cute how you have to make stuff up to convince yourself that you're winning this argument. Is this an example of you "pounding" me into the ground? You realize people can read what you're quoting and easily recognize that you're full of sh*t and a liar, right?

You'll never pound me into the ground on anything. I don't go around acting like I'm an expert on subjects I know little about. You, on the other hand, argued that "surfer dudes" and "hippie vegans" made up a large portion of white Democrats on California. Now that is laughable!

I now realize I was being generous regarding the size of your brain. It's probably closer in size to a grain of sand.

I probably should be ashamed of myself, though... You're obviously a troll (and not a very good one) and I'm having way too much fun feeding you!

Apparently struck a nerve eh? You're the one who immediately jumped the conclusion the guy was lying. You're a bigot! You're a bigot! You're a bigot! YOU'RE A BIGOT! YOU'RE A BIGOT! How does it feel to realize that you are the worst type of person that your party decries all the time?

You can act like my brain is the size of a grain of sand all you want to from your mother's basement. Instead I'll hop in my Escalade tomorrow morning and head off to my office where I'm smart enough that very wealthy people, businesses, and other entities trust me to handle millions of dollars of their money. What do you do for a living? What's your IQ?

And please point out where I lied? That will be funny!
Wonkish1

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 03:07:43 AM »

Yeah, this topic is just stupid now.  Let's talk about something else.

When was the last time we had a Republican newbie who wasn't a clueless culture warrior or worthless troll?  TJ in Cleve seems decent from what I've seen.  Possibly Cincinnati too (though confusingly he has a NY avatar, IIRC).  And... that's it?  Wow.

Joe Republic you've embarrassed yourself enough on these forums to not be taken seriously.
Wonkish1

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2011, 03:10:56 AM »

Conservatives are also great at ignoring criticism, but it isn't funny to anyone who pays attention to rhetoric. Conservatives are always whining, creating an identity of victimhood which they use to rile up people who feel they're being targeted because of they're Christians, Gun-Owners, Rich, whatever.

Cuz ''they'' wanna take ''our'' jobs/guns/country away from ''us''!

There's nothing anti-gay that happened.

The dude is on TV and associated with Ann Coulter, who is a huge dick that gets people very upset by saying purposefully inflammatory things.

Meanwhile, some gay people think it's ed up to support a party that wants to ban Gay Marriage.

No where is it shown that he was attacked cause he was gay.

Further demonstrating that deep down for you if its a conservative gay he's betrayed the team and therefore isn't worthy of even a tiny bit of sympathy. You're so transparent!

Hope you enjoy living like a bigot the rest of your life.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 03:11:24 AM »

I don't get it.  Are you a gay Wonkish?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 03:12:29 AM »

Apparently struck a nerve eh? You're the one who immediately jumped the conclusion the guy was lying. You're a bigot! You're a bigot! You're a bigot! YOU'RE A BIGOT! YOU'RE A BIGOT! How does it feel to realize that you are the worst type of person that your party decries all the time?

You can act like my brain is the size of a grain of sand all you want to from your mother's basement. Instead I'll hop in my Escalade tomorrow morning and head off to my office where I'm smart enough that very wealthy people, businesses, and other entities trust me to handle millions of dollars of their money. What do you do for a living? What's your IQ?

And please point out where I lied? That will be funny!

I concede! You have defeated me in battle!

Wonkish1

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 03:16:04 AM »
« Edited: November 15, 2011, 03:18:53 AM by Wonkish1 »

I traditionally don't like talking about social issues that much. This was probably my first foray into one since coming to this forum, but I honestly just expected people to pop on say something like "that's a shame when that happens to any liberal or conservative" and move on. Instead the absolutely insane response accusing him of being a liar, not caring, asking meaningless questions, personally attacking me, etc. caught me off guard. You guys seriously failed to rise to even your own principals out of some desire to act like your party is as pure as the driven snow and now you know you made yourselves out to be horrible people and are freaking out because you know it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies