I predict a Bachmann comeback
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:42:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  I predict a Bachmann comeback
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I predict a Bachmann comeback  (Read 3270 times)
Bull Moose Base

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 14, 2011, 05:42:43 PM »

Gingrich peaked sooner than he wanted to.  He needed the Cain story to break on Thanksgiving not Halloween.  We have  7 weeks and 70 debates until Iowa.  If Bachmann hadn't yet figured out she has to take Newt down, today's news drew it to her attention.  Bachmann, Santorum, Perry, Cain, Paul and Romney all share a stake in knocking Gingrich down.  Someone will figure out how to.  He hasn't had to sustain too much incoming fire so far.  Unlike Tutti-Frutti's fellow monthly flavors Rocky Road and Black Walnut, she didn't collapse from her own damage but just because Perry eclipsed her.  So she's still eligible for another month.  And I have a sneaking suspicion Trump will endorse her in December.  I'll say she finishes top 2 in Iowa, who has already shown their taste for Tutti Frutti.  But if she finishes second behind Romney in Iowa, and he then dominates in NH, not sure where that leaves South Carolina.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 05:51:30 PM »

It'll only happen if Gingrich collapses. Right now, he seems in good shape to be the final anti-Romney.
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 05:53:36 PM »

I would agree if she still her staff from May-June. Right now she has less than no ground.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 06:32:11 PM »

I would agree if she still her staff from May-June. Right now she has less than no ground.
^

And she's running out of money. And she's taking the Santorum route of blame everyone else which has gotten him no where and her into the dumps in the first place. And attacking him without knock out punches will come back and knock herself down as he's staying positive and focussed on Obama.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 06:35:15 PM »

no, no Bachmann comeback.  the jmfcst's have heard quite enough from Bachmann
FloridaRepublican
justrhyno
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 06:37:24 PM »

I highly doubt Bachmann can come back.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 12:13:00 AM »

Naw, even man on dog has a better chance than her.
GLPman
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 01:01:23 AM »

She had her moment and botched it. She's done.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 05:26:19 AM »

I could see Republicans who desperately want someone other than Romney to go back to her once Gingrich collapses, but in all likelihood they'll go to Santorum and Huntsman after that since there's no one else left who could go against Romney. Bachmann has done nothing to alieviate fears of her being mentally unsound the past few weeks, and the recent debates have done nothing but affirmed that characterization.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 07:48:55 AM »

Correct answer.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 11:40:48 AM »

Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 11:44:27 AM »

Everyone though Gingrich was done until a few weeks ago, ditto with Cain.  I don't see why Bachmann couldn't make a comeback after these two did.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 12:00:09 PM »

The question is: how hard will it be to turn Iowa voters off Gingrich, Romney and Cain and what happens if you can?  It doesn't seem like it will be all that hard; all very vulnerable I'd think.  Perry, Bachmann, Santorum and Paul all have a shared interest in doing so and will rain blows on these guys, as they will on each other.  And I don't see Bachmann as an unlikely beneficiary.  She has almost no heresies, is a native Iowan and a good fit with the Iowa caucus goer.  The others could benefit too but Bachmann strikes me as the most likely and as having the most talent for attracting the media attention that has shown itself to matter.  Speaking of which, I think Palin also has a good chance if she jumps in the race a month from now.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 02:49:04 PM »

Gingrich is the last anti-Romney. And he will win the nomination. He's campaigning in Iowa, too (not like Cain).
Wonkish1

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 03:05:27 PM »

Bachmann is wishful thinking.

Based on what is going on in conservative circles right now especially with his conservative media blitz of recent days that impressed some people Huntsman stands a better chance of surging than Bachmann does. Santorum stands a better chance as well.

Its not going to happen. If Newt falls then his support spreads out to the other candidates as the not Romney's hunker down in different respective camps and the majority of Newt's support just stops the game and settles for Romney. The only exception is if maybe Cain can completely knock these allegations out of the park, has a couple good debate performances, and simultaneously Newt falls.

This is now officially a race with 3 candidates with even a remote shot of pulling it off Newt, Romney, and Cain. Newt falls and Cain doesn't knock the allegations completely out then Romney would be at 40% following Newt's fall and he becomes a lock on the nomination.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -3.30

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 03:51:02 PM »

Bachmann is very well in some polls to her situation in campaign. After Cain scandal and Perry's collapse, people are giving her a 2nd thought. If she keeps campaigning hard on Iowa, I can see a comeback to her. Huntsman needs something like a Mitt's collapse in NH and atracting independents.
"'Oeps!' De blunders van Rick Perry Indicted"
DarthNader

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 04:10:45 PM »

I think Bachmann could've had a shot at Iowa if she had flown under the radar for much of the race (ala-Huck in '08) and surged at the last minute. But she became too well-known too early, exposing her inherent limitations as a candidate (which would've crashed her in later states anyway). Same goes for Cain.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 08:42:17 PM »

I could see Republicans who desperately want someone other than Romney to go back to her once Gingrich collapses, but in all likelihood they'll go to Santorum and Huntsman after that since there's no one else left who could go against Romney. Bachmann has done nothing to alieviate fears of her being mentally unsound the past few weeks, and the recent debates have done nothing but affirmed that characterization.
I highly doubt that those who favored Perry, Cain, and Gingrich would flock to a guy who believes in global warming, supports civil unions, and wore skinny jeans in high school.  They'd all head to Santorum. 
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 10:40:37 PM »

I disagree with the prediction. She's done - and deservedly so. She is an intelligent woman, but there is not much there beyond the soundbites, and she has carved out her niche as the most uncompromising of them all, and as a movement "conservative," with a hardline take on almost every issue (sometimes totally inane even in its own terms (ini part because in her world there are few Hobson's choices), but I digress), and it is not selling.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 01:01:43 PM »

Torie- disagree that Bachmann is intelligent or that her uncompromising conservatism won't find fans in primary voters, especially Iowa caucusers.  Not hard so for her to convince them Newt, Cain, Romney, Perry are all unacceptable.  And she is even if not exactly what they want.  Santorum is competition for the same vacuum but I like her chances better than his to get traction.  Assuming she can avoid a campaign ending gaffe.  Big if perhaps.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 01:12:10 PM »

She's not coming back. She has no money, and no one likes her. Her "surge" back in July/August was the smallest of all the surges so far. It's not happening.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 09:21:06 PM »

Torie- disagree that Bachmann is intelligent or that her uncompromising conservatism won't find fans in primary voters, especially Iowa caucusers.  Not hard so for her to convince them Newt, Cain, Romney, Perry are all unacceptable.  And she is even if not exactly what they want.  Santorum is competition for the same vacuum but I like her chances better than his to get traction.  Assuming she can avoid a campaign ending gaffe.  Big if perhaps.

get back Joe Joe...it ain't gonna happen.  we'd rather go with Romney than Bachmann
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 09:29:36 PM »

get back Joe Joe...it ain't gonna happen.  we'd rather go with Romney than Bachmann
What part of her is damaged goods?
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 09:31:01 PM »

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 09:40:11 PM »

she comes across as a kok and doesnt know it, example when she said 999 was the sign of the devil.  also, her stuff about vaccines making people lose mind and dumb

^^^^^^^

Romney might not say much of anything, but he isnt a loon.  A crook maybe, but not a loon
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies