Re: Nathan for Senate: The Finale
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:03:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re: Nathan for Senate: The Finale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Re: Nathan for Senate: The Finale  (Read 3696 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 08, 2011, 03:20:11 AM »
« edited: April 01, 2012, 03:32:53 AM by Nathan »

Friends and voters and citizens, I'm honored to be representing the JCP in the race to replace our new President Snowguy in the Atlasian Senate. I'm running not against or to recriminate my RPP opponent, with whom I worked well and pleasantly in the Northeast Assembly for several months, but for the Atlasian people. I'm running because I believe that this country is more than just a land and the people living on it and the administrative functions of its state apparatus. I believe that this country is a moving and living community. I'm running to strengthen Atlasia and the Atlasian people, but I believe in strength through the twin pillars of cooperation and freedom.

In the coming race I'm sure I will have the chance to talk substantively with both my opponent and the voters on the issues facing our Republic, and I trust that each voter will make their choice wisely based upon what they believe that our nation should be. I believe that our nation should be something singular, not in the sense of being monolithic, but in the sense of moving together and engaging, talking, respecting, rather than slinging bilious words when we disagree.

I'm sure some of you will vote for me simply because of my party, and I'm sure some of you will vote against me for the same reason. I trust these people to have reasons to support the party they support and believe what they believe, but for the rest of you who might be wondering what I can bring to the Senate and the Republic, my ears are yours, in the hope that I can come to deserve your votes becoming mine.

Thank you, and may Dave, as ever, bless and sustain Atlasia.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 05:59:20 AM »

Endorsed Smiley
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 02:06:30 PM »

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 02:12:58 PM »

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 04:41:03 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2011, 04:50:00 PM by Napoleon »

Do you support the administration's foreign policy? Do you support requiring a new vote during hearings for retained cabinet members?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 04:42:53 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2011, 04:46:38 PM by Secretary of External Affairs Ben »

What's your opinion of the Libyan Aid Bill?  As a Senator, would you support the Administration's foreign policy, or would you consistently vote to obstruct everything that is attempted, and just be in blind opposition?

Do you support the administration's foreign policy? Do you support requiring new hearings for retained cabinet members?

2 things: 1, this Administration hasn't crafted a foreign policy yet; it's barely a week old.  2, it is already tradition to have new hearings for old Cabinet members.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 06:06:15 PM »

I made you a banner.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 06:26:11 PM »

wat
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 07:09:54 PM »

Grin

Win
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 09:08:36 PM »

I support the Libyan Aid Bill for the time being but if elected I would also support comprehensive reform of foreign-aid oversight.

I don't plan on voting in bloc support or opposition to any Administration policy program or lack thereof. Once I have a better sense of the foreign policy that the new Administration has been articulating I will support or oppose individual policies on their merits. I assure you, I will not be anybody's stooge in my votes on such important matters. I can tacitly foresee myself mostly supporting Administration policy simply because I am of the same party as the President for a reason, but if the Administration's policies are damaging or ineffectual I will oppose them as strenuously as I would if I or the President were off the RPP.

I support the tradition of reconfirmation hearings for retained Presidential appointments.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 09:42:07 PM »

What is your position on the Right to Treatment Act? Is this a violation of Regional rights? Should the federal government stop regions from placing restrictions on the use of medical marijuana? The Right to Treatment Act says under no circumstances at all in may a region restrict the use of medical marijuana. Does a region have a right to enforce abuse of a prescription drug? What about other practices which are sometimes referred to as medical procedures such as physician assisted suicide or abortion? Regardless of your position on whether or not those practices should or shouldn't be legal, can a region restrict them in any way?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 11:35:07 PM »

I wouldn't analyze the Right to Treatment Act in terms of Regional rights, necessarily, but I do feel that it is inappropriate for the federal government to outright ban regions from restricting or regulating specific drugs. While a version of the Right to Treatment Act simply guaranteeing that no region should treat the use of medical marijuana as a criminal offense might have my support, telling regions what drugs they can and cannot regulate strikes me as a little odd. I'm not sure what you mean by a region having the right to enforce abuse of a prescription drug, but mandating the use of specific drugs in any context also strikes me as somewhat questionable.

I think that physician-assisted suicide should be regulated at the Regional level and while I accept Roe v. Wade as settled law in basic principle I support the rights of Regions to regulate abortion access; if a Region were to actually ban abortion outright I suppose the Supreme Court would sort it out.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 10:13:04 PM »

Endorsed! 
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 08:30:55 PM »

Everybody, the election is tomorrow, and I just wanted to say a few words.

If any people are devout lovers of Atlasia and the rights and dignities and freedoms that it represents, I should certainly hope that they are me and my opponents, Cincinnatus and Yelnoc. Even so, there are certainly differences between us--differences that have led us into tight race. While I certainly hope that you will vote for me, so that I can work to make Atlasia into a place where the feelings of respect, tolerance, freedom, and community can reach their full flourishing, I would in any event like to congratulate everybody involved in these campaigns for presenting what I would too strongly flatter myself by calling one of the best choices in recent memory to the people.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 08:56:47 AM »

Congrats my friend! Now we can work together and show Atlasia how the NE does it! Cheesy
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 06:23:30 AM »

Nathan for Senate: The Sequel has a nice ring to it. Smiley
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 08:49:02 PM »

So it does.

I hereby announce my candidacy for election to a full term in the December federal elections.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 08:53:38 PM »

Endorsed!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 08:54:27 PM »

Woooooo! Endorsed!
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 08:55:14 PM »

Endorsed! Cheesy
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 09:11:35 PM »

Purple heart!
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2011, 12:58:08 AM »

Good luck!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2011, 05:41:04 AM »

So it does.

I hereby announce my candidacy for election to a full term in the December federal elections.

Can we see a detailed platform and what your stances are on some of the issues that are of importance to Atlasia?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2011, 11:09:33 AM »

Nathan, I suggest you make your candidacy announcement in the Candidate Declaration Thread if you'd like to be included on the ballot.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2011, 04:12:03 PM »

You will get a high preference from me!  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies