Romney's residence
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:21:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney's residence
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney's residence  (Read 4340 times)
tallguy23
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2011, 02:59:45 PM »

If Romney is elected President, what would be considered his home state? I know he was Governor of Massachusets, but he also own homes in NH and CA. Anybody know what his main residence is?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 03:02:47 PM »

If Romney is elected President, what would be considered his home state? I know he was Governor of Massachusets, but he also own homes in NH and CA. Anybody know what his main residence is?

He changes his residencies every month, just like he changes his positions every month.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 03:03:50 PM »

Isn't it obvious?  He owns multiple homes, therefore he lives in multiple states.  He lives in multiple states, therefore he loves America more than any other candidate running!  His home state is America.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 03:11:54 PM »

I thought MA, NH, UT, & MI were all considered his home states.
SufferedMore ThanJesus
sofaken30
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 03:17:47 PM »

The awesome beauty of a Romney candidacy is that he has multiple homestates.   He will win MA, Michigan, and Utah in mini-landslides. 
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 03:18:10 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2011, 03:34:43 PM by Politico »

Massachusetts is still his home state. However, he was born and raised in Michigan (including an elementary education in a public school in Detroit, and one of his first summer jobs was as a security guard in a Chrysler plant in Detroit). Obviously he has spent time throughout every region of the country. His mother was from Utah and his father was born in Mexico, but his family had to relocate after the Mexican Revolution of 1910 (they spent time in Texas and California before settling in Idaho and Utah, with the family struggling severely during the Great Depression). Mitt's father was a self-made man in the truest sense of the term, and the tough experiences and resiliency of Mitt's grandparents and parents is where Mitt got his work ethic, optimism and values.

We won't be hearing much about this stuff until around the time of the convention, but there is definitely a back-story that shows Mitt is a values candidate who comes from an honest, hard-working family that knows all about struggling to make ends meet.
SufferedMore ThanJesus
sofaken30
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 03:21:44 PM »

I forgot about the Mexico Mitt.   When Romney wins in a 400+ electoral landslide in 2012, it was because people are yearning to vote for America's first Hispanic-American, Mormon-American, and Beautiful-American combined.  Romney makes John Edwards look like a hobo.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 03:22:32 PM »

I think his official residence is in California.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 03:37:25 PM »

I forgot about the Mexico Mitt.   When Romney wins in a 400+ electoral landslide in 2012, it was because people are yearning to vote for America's first Hispanic-American, Mormon-American, and Beautiful-American combined.  Romney makes John Edwards look like a hobo.

And you know what else?  Romney's upcoming landslide will be so huge, he might carry Mexico!
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 03:39:30 PM »

Looks like it's still MA....
http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/belmont/2010/07/its_back_to_belmont_for_mitt_a.html
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 03:39:56 PM »

And you know what else?  Romney's upcoming landslide will be so huge, he might carry Mexico Mexifornia!

Corrected.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 03:42:54 PM »

And you know what else?  Romney's upcoming landslide will be so huge, he might carry Mexico!

George Romney should have asked to get in-state tuition in Texas schools.
Rochambeau jk I'm Hamilton
Conservatarian1989
Rookie
United States
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 04:05:03 PM »

uh huh. =/
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 07:38:50 PM »

You're a troll.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 08:42:14 PM »

The cynic in me has wondered if Romney bought his summer home in NH in the late 90s because it could help him run for president some day.
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 08:46:52 PM »

You're a troll.

I don't think he's a troll; just a person who knows almost nothing about politics and thinks everyone dislikes Obama
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 10:04:41 PM »

The cynic in me has wondered if Romney bought his summer home in NH in the late 90s because it could help him run for president some day.

That actually does sound pretty epic in a sorta subtle way.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 10:41:10 PM »

Wonder if he knows exactly how many homes he owns.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 10:46:24 PM »

Romney's his own transnational corporation.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 12:05:28 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2011, 12:07:05 AM by Politico »

No, he just has great taste. Lake Winnipesaukee is the finest location for a summer home in all of New England, if not all of America itself (although there are a few locations in Montana that I am partial towards)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 12:08:29 AM »

Is he like McCain and will say in a debate he doesn't know how much houses he has?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2011, 12:31:44 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2011, 12:33:58 AM by Politico »

Is he like McCain and will say in a debate he doesn't know how much houses he has?

"Look, the only houses people want to hear about in this debate are the White House and what is going to happen to the value of their house and the houses in their neighborhood ... [segue into the declining value of houses in key states, the struggles in the economy for everybody, while avoiding the pointless question of "how many homes do you own?" which is clearly a trap and a distraction from the key issues]"
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies