Official Atlasian Partisan Bickering Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:00:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Official Atlasian Partisan Bickering Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Official Atlasian Partisan Bickering Thread  (Read 4457 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2011, 06:44:02 PM »

For Christ's sake guys, does it really matter now? It's been nearly 4 months. We aren't accomplishing anything here.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2011, 07:12:24 PM »

For Christ's sake guys, does it really matter now? It's been nearly 4 months. We aren't accomplishing anything here.

This.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2011, 07:15:34 PM »

I think this thread wasn't your best idea, Carl Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2011, 07:18:29 PM »

Eh, these ****fests happen anyway. At least they aren't clogging up the New Register Thread now.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2011, 07:21:08 PM »

Eh, these ****fests happen anyway. At least they aren't clogging up the New Register Thread now.

^^ Which is why I created the thread. The New Register Thread has a stated purpose and that is not to be a shelter for arguments about stupid stuff.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2011, 07:21:55 PM »

^^ Which is why I created the thread. The New Register Thread has a stated purpose and that is not to be a shelter for arguments about stupid stuff.

HURR DURR DURR HURR
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2011, 07:25:03 PM »

HURR DURR DURR HURR

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2011, 08:24:46 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2011, 08:27:41 PM by Northeast Governor Winfield »

You spread rumors about Governor Winfield.
You also made this claim against someone unknown to me, which seems like it should be explained.
Winfield and his supporters are backstabbers, people who lead me to believe they were one kind of person, but turned out to be another.

As for my comment there, it is explained in the quote box.
[/quote]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK Mr. SoFE, Teddy, you are throwing around these wild accusations, completely unsubstantiated, completely without foundation, and completely ridiculous.

Now, in fairness to all concerned, please produce for all of us, evidence, from me personally, to substantiate your completely outlandish and accusatory statement.

Teddy, we all await your proof with baited breath.  

If you are unable to produce the required proof, then you owe myself, my supporters, and all Atlasians, an apology for your behavior.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2011, 11:16:42 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2011, 11:27:32 PM by Junkie »

The only reason you weren't prosecuted was that Jake was banned, because of you betraying his account. You were really fortunate to go off free, while Dallas, whose offense was far less heinous, was a man to accept his responsibility. Not a coward.

I see your record of truth telling and I see Jake's record of truth telling. I believe him. I have no reason to believe anything you say.

Kal, I have to say that this really pissed me off.  First, as someone who works in and truly believes in the justice system, I do not believe that anyone is a "coward" for not pleading guilty, especially when the facts would show that they are not guilty, as I truly believed they would if we went to trial.

Just to recap.  I represented tmth.  We entered into discussions about a plea, because tmth wanted to accept responsibility if he had violated the law.  However, as his counsel, I encouraged him to wait a little bit to see exactly what it was the prosecution had.  Based on what I saw, there was no way the government could prove the elements of what he was charged with. I believe he came to realize that he had not violated the law, or at least he should have because factually, based on what we saw, he was innocent of the law as it then existed.  I also encouraged Dallas not to plead guilty because I think the law did not apply to his actions either.

When I was AG, I looked into wormy for similar charges and did not prosecute because I did not believe that he had broken the law.  While representing both tmth and Dallas, I truly believed that they were not guilty as well.  tmth followed my advice and Dallas did not.

So if anyone is cowardly or slimy or not a man, then don't attack tmth -- take your shots at me.  I slowed down the process until I knew exactly what you had against him so that I could best advise him on a course of action.  It is not his fault that your case fell apart.

So in conclusion, I am sorry that I acted as counsel in the best interest of my "client" and did not adopt a "manly" course of action that would placate some people's feelings.

It is done, but if you need to attack anyone, attack me.  I am really sorry.  I was hoping that when I lost (which I expected to and since I was not even here to campaign, I guess I kind of deserved) it would be to someone who acted classy and manly.  I guess we are all disappointed then.

Maybe my loss is a good thing, because now I don't have to continue to see this game, which I really enjoyed, devolve into a bunch of hissy fits.

I also apologize to everyone for getting into it over something that should have done a long time ago.  But I do not like what I saw when I got back and I really felt the need to say something.  My rant is over.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2011, 11:31:14 PM »

Right, Junkie. The glove "didn't fit".

Ok.

Kalwejt has been the classy one here.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2011, 07:04:13 AM »

This thread is the worst goddamn retarded display of male masculinity and sexual insecurity I've seen in decades.

Bar none.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2011, 07:49:22 AM »

Ok.

And yet Junkie acted in his client's best interests....can't expect anything else. As for Kal, he has acted like he always acts in this thread.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2011, 08:32:39 AM »

Ok.

You're not going to get anywhere attacking Junkie.  He is by far one of the most respected members here, RPP or not.  Kal hasn't been very classy, but hey, that's Kal.  I wouldn't like Kal as much if he didn't make the forum interesting with his bunny ads and what not.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2011, 08:34:38 AM »

Ok.

You're not going to get anywhere attacking Junkie.  He is by far one of the most respected members here, RPP or not.

+1

Cut it out, guys, come on. Sad
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2011, 08:41:37 AM »
« Edited: October 03, 2011, 08:43:40 AM by Krist Novoselic, Certified God of Badasses »

I have to agree with Junkie here.  By definition of the law tmthforu is no "coward".  Neither is Junkie.  Both men were merely going by what they interpreted the law in regards to situations such as this.  Yes, the glove didn't fit, but prey tell what would the rest of us do if we were in tmthforu's place?  What would we do if we were Junkie, you know a man of the law who is a hell of a lot more experienced than the rest of us in legal matters and doesn't waver from his interpretation thereof?  Would you really just tell your client point blank to admit to all guilt knowing that the government couldn't prove his guilt?  Would you really tell your client to accept the punishment that comes with a "guilty" verdict?  What the hell kind of counsel would you be then?
Secondly, onto tmthforu.  Objectively speaking I can't really call him a "coward" for he was merely accepting the legal counsel he was given.  As Junkie noted tmthforu WANTED to plea guilty until Junkie advised him against it.  Given the penalties for criminal acts in Atlasia can any of you in his place tell me you would've ignored Junkie's counsel and pled guilty?

Oh yes, one of us can: Dallasfan
[/teary eyed American Eagle montage]
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2011, 08:51:14 AM »

This thread is the worst goddamn retarded display of male masculinity and sexual insecurity I've seen in decades.

Bar none.

This thread is really painful to read Sad
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2011, 10:59:02 AM »

Ok.

You're not going to get anywhere attacking Junkie.  He is by far one of the most respected members here, RPP or not.  Kal hasn't been very classy, but hey, that's Kal.  I wouldn't like Kal as much if he didn't make the forum interesting with his bunny ads and what not.

Ok.

And yet Junkie acted in his client's best interests....can't expect anything else. As for Kal, he has acted like he always acts in this thread.

I don't think anything is wrong with what Kal said, sorry. Kal is a friend and has stayed classy so for Junkie to attack him is really uncalled for. You might not see it that way but I sure do.

I take this issue seriously because I was affected by it. It wasn't the facts, as Junkie claims, that Tmth off except that fact that because of his blackmail the civictim and primary witness was banned. Luck does not determine innocence except in the eyes of the law. Truthfully he was still guilty. Hence the OJ comparison.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2011, 11:31:59 AM »

Well, at least, regardless of an additional mess, competition between Junkie and me was clean as fresh water.

I know it's not a great excuse but, hey, I didn't intend to turn it into bitchfest nor deliver the first shot. I'm simply not going to ignore any accusations and attacks.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2011, 11:40:34 AM »

Yup, very little motivation to commit myself to this game.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2011, 12:11:49 PM »

You're the greatest SoFE ever, Teddy. If you want to leave, I'll kill you.

Note to moderator who will read reported post: it's sarcasm, Gustaf, not a death threat
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2011, 12:26:35 PM »

This has gotten quite pathetic, really.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2011, 12:32:13 PM »

This has gotten quite pathetic, really.

What the fuck did you expect this to be?

A motherfucking Co-Exist rally?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2011, 12:55:30 PM »

You're the greatest SoFE ever, Teddy. If you want to leave, I'll kill you.

Note to moderator who will read reported post: it's sarcasm, Gustaf, not a death threat

Someone reported this? Was not me for sure, I know that you are not going to literally murder me over the game, so I hope the mod knows that I don't think any "action" is needed.

As for quitting - wont be happening. I am on until I am replaced.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2011, 02:58:11 PM »

Ok.

You're not going to get anywhere attacking Junkie.  He is by far one of the most respected members here, RPP or not.

+1

Cut it out, guys, come on. Sad
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2011, 03:15:29 PM »

This thread is dead.

So ordered,
Kalwejt
Serial Threads Killer.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4