So who won?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:09:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  So who won?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: I got it first!
Bachmann

Cain

Gringrich

Huntsman

Paul

Johnson

Romney

Santorum

Perry

Obama

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: So who won?  (Read 2966 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2011, 12:07:05 AM »

Perry is proving he is an empty suit.  we need someone like jmfcst, someone willing to spend money on the right things that will provide career private sector jobs
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2011, 09:21:29 AM »

Santorum - Like many others on this forum, I don't understand why he can't gain traction with Republican voters. Consistent and articulate defender of Republican principals and policies, and strong on the attack (even if he can get shrill at times).

His stock keeps going up in my book with every debate.  He's measured, smart, serious, and likable.  Too bad he comes into the race with loads of radical ideological baggage. 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2011, 09:24:12 AM »

Who won doesn't matter. America lost.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2011, 10:27:01 AM »

Gary Johnson, just because he managed to expose himself.

Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2011, 11:14:21 AM »

The question should be "Who lost?"

Perry and Bachmann lost.

As a result, everyone else wins. This goes particularly for Paul and Romney.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2011, 11:33:51 AM »

Santorum - Like many others on this forum, I don't understand why he can't gain traction with Republican voters. Consistent and articulate defender of Republican principals and policies, and strong on the attack (even if he can get shrill at times).

His stock keeps going up in my book with every debate.  He's measured, smart, serious, and likable.  Too bad he comes into the race with loads of radical ideological baggage. 

I still find him pretty odious for a variety of reasons (his answer apropos gays in the military last night being one), but these aren't reasons that would have appeal to most Republican primary voters.

The shoe-string nature of his campaign and the humiliation of his 2006 defeat no doubt explain some of his lack of success, but he's no more of a "joke candidate" than Huntsman or Gingrich.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2011, 03:20:30 PM »

1. Johnson-A- Johnson didnt  get alot of questions, but he answered questions, and was funny.

2. Romney-B+ He is on his way to regaining front runner status again. He fended Perry off, and is much more charismatic.

3. Huntsman-B- Wasnt into the "Pick Me" attitude, gave good answers. Better performance then usual.

4. Paul-C+ I didnt pay too much attention to him, it was the same answers, but the crowd didnt show for him, and rambled on a little bit.

5. Cain-C+ He was more agressive, and he is positioning himself for a spot as VP. Not a bad choice for Romney, but Rubio or Jindall fit in better.

6. Santorum-C Not nearly as good as last time, he came across as too agressive. He knows his campaign is doomed, but he has a great chance for the Senate. I love Senator Santorum. President..not so much.

7. Gingrich-D+ Gave good ideas, but just wasnt as firery as last time.

8. Bachmann-F Didnt shut up about the vaccine, even though she has been proven wrong on it. She knows she is finished, and she knows she wont be VP either, nor Senator. Her time is up.

9. Perry-F Like always, he losses steam, just attacks and attacks, and denies he did this or that. Not a good debator. He was alright for the first hour, afterwords, he sank.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2011, 03:37:36 PM »

1. Johnson-A- Johnson didnt  get alot of questions, but he answered questions, and was funny.

How many people expected a long rambling story about Johnson's dogs when he started off, "My neighbors two dogs..."?

As I said in another thread: It's really sad that the "highlight" of the debate for so many was plagiarized scatological humor.

And aside from that joke, Johnson's performance was horrible. He answered every question with the same answer and often failed to relate effectively why a balanced budget was relevant to the subject at hand, and he was visibly squirming with nervousness.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2011, 08:34:31 PM »

I'm starting to see signs that Santorum might finally be getting some traction. He stood out very well in the last debate, and Hannity was talking him up alot on his radio show today (and speaking of which, I think that his interview with Hannity on Monday will be his first primetime tv appearance).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies