Why are people saying Obama has fallen?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:14:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why are people saying Obama has fallen?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are people saying Obama has fallen?  (Read 1011 times)
LBJ Revivalist
ModerateDemocrat1990

Political Matrix
E: -5.87, S: -2.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 18, 2011, 11:46:38 PM »

In the other thread, "What do you think of Barack Obama?", most people, both liberal and conservative, were saying he's a nice guy but an awful president, that his presidency has been a failure, etc. That he's "fallen". Why do they say this? I honestly DO NOT see any Republican beating him next year...I don't get it.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 12:06:56 AM »

Dude, last week you were asking why Obama had the audacity of hope to run for a second term, since his first had been such a failure.

If you're going to continue the concern troll schtick, at least be consistent with it.
LBJ Revivalist
ModerateDemocrat1990

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 12:13:24 AM »

Dude, last week you were asking why Obama had the audacity of hope to run for a second term, since his first had been such a failure.

If you're going to continue the concern troll schtick, at least be consistent with it.

Listen, I'm not a f**king ''concern troll.'' In the attempt to make this board completely right wing, any left wing criticism of Obama or left wing views are attempting to be discredited. I am a liberal. I am not a Republican, nor am I a concern troll as you put it. I'm allowed to have my views still.
Jacobtm

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 12:24:04 AM »

Obama will win, shocking the Tea Party into realizing that this really isn't ''The America I Grew Up In'' anymore.
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 12:33:39 AM »

He's just another corporatist Democrat like Clinton. He's still the better choice vs the Republicans but many of us on the left are dissatisfied with the right-wing tilt of recent Democrats. Bill Clinton and Obama are to the right of Nixon and Eisenhower on economic issues.

Sure he's probably better on social issues, but that's not going to help the people who are hurting from the U.S.'s pathetic social services and the 30-year long class warfare.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 01:52:32 AM »

Listen, I'm not a f**king ''concern troll.'' In the attempt to make this board completely right wing, any left wing criticism of Obama or left wing views are attempting to be discredited. I am a liberal. I am not a Republican, nor am I a concern troll as you put it. I'm allowed to have my views still.

That doesn't explain your complete inconsistency of views from week to week.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 07:51:06 AM »

Because his poll numbers have swooned again, the economy is headed back to recession, and the Dems are getting spanked in open seat contests they would have contested well or won three months ago.

Next question?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 08:45:02 AM »

In the other thread, "What do you think of Barack Obama?", most people, both liberal and conservative, were saying he's a nice guy but an awful president, that his presidency has been a failure, etc. That he's "fallen". Why do they say this? I honestly DO NOT see any Republican beating him next year...I don't get it.

Hey, troll. Weren't you the one who was screaming loudly about Obama being a failure with an obligatory "OBAMA KILLED LIBERALISM AND DEMOCRATIC PARTY" crap?
LBJ Revivalist
ModerateDemocrat1990

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 09:17:13 AM »

Hey, troll. Weren't you the one who was screaming loudly about Obama being a failure with an obligatory "OBAMA KILLED LIBERALISM AND DEMOCRATIC PARTY" crap?

Yes, however, in that time I've done some reading and it seemed things looked the same way for Clinton around this point in his presidency in terms of poll ratings. And while he's a mediocre Democrat, he's better than any Tea Party nutjob. Having considered it, its the lesser of two evils.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 05:40:02 PM »

Title of the next ModerateDemocrat thread tomorrow:

a). Has Obama abandoned Liberalism?

b). Is Romney the next Progressive hope?

c). Is anybody else writing in Richard Nixon?

d). Why is Obama not defending the New Deal/Great Society?

e). Does anybody else agree that Obama is finished?

Give us your bets!

I'll put down twenty dead AIDS infected gorillas on option e)!
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 07:15:26 PM »

Because he fell?

Well, if that's the case, don't sweat it.   It was widely reported that Bush, another person who is a genuinely nice guy but by most accounts an awful president, fell off a segueway scooter in 2002, then in 2003 he fell off his chair, while he ostensibly was choking on a peanut, and hit his head.  Remember all that?  And he was still re-elected in 2004.

So don't worry, we like our presidents awful.  Or haven't you noticed? 
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 07:48:06 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2011, 01:43:14 PM by Stranger in a strange land »

Title of the next ModerateDemocrat thread tomorrow:

a). Has Obama abandoned Liberalism?

b). Is Romney the next Progressive hope?

c). Is anybody else writing in Richard Nixon?

d). Why is Obama not defending the New Deal/Great Society?

e). Does anybody else agree that Obama is finished?

Give us your bets!

I'll put down twenty dead AIDS infected gorillas on option e)!

I'll see you your gorillas and raise you thirty-five buckets of rusty nails on option b!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies