time to talk Turkey again (note to BushOK, the topic aint Thanksgiving) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:52:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  time to talk Turkey again (note to BushOK, the topic aint Thanksgiving) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: time to talk Turkey again (note to BushOK, the topic aint Thanksgiving)  (Read 3125 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« on: September 21, 2011, 11:23:39 AM »

Actually, there is a rumor out there that Erdogan/Turkish military is doing this to distract people from his/their dickishness around Cyprus.  The Greeks and the Israelis have been growing closer while Turkey and Egypt have been doing the same.

and there are rumors Israel and Greece (a NATO member) have invoked a security act sending Israeli fighters to bases in Greece in case Turkey (a NATO member) gets too froggish.

How much did the Israelis pay (bailout) Greece for that?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 11:32:05 AM »

and there are rumors Israel and Greece (a NATO member) have invoked a security act sending Israeli fighters to bases in Greece in case Turkey (a NATO member) gets too froggish.
How much did the Israelis pay (bailout) Greece for that?

Considering Greece and Turkey have fought four major wars against each other, I'm sure Greece welcomed the Israeli aces.

Yes.  I don't doubt they welcomed the IDF planes and pilots.  I also suspect they welcomed the currency too. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies