Competition
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:45:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Competition
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Competition  (Read 612 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 10, 2011, 09:24:06 PM »

Stuff similar to this has been tried in the past, but it usually never really amounts to anything.

I'll be conducting a tournament to find Atlasia's best poster, though we all probably have a pretty good idea of who some of the finalists will be. Wink

The Concept
Everyone is allowed to nominate 4 members on this site. This nomination period will last for exactly one week. I'll bump this thread up once or twice.

Once the nomination period is over, I'll tabulate the results. Depending on how many votes I receive, the tournament will either consist of 16 members or 32 members. So obviously, let's say we get a lot of people sending their votes in, the 32 with the most votes will win. I'll break any ties by the toss of a coin. You'll just have to trust me on that, I guess.

Everyone will be seeded, just like most tournaments will go. 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, and so on and so forth. I'll open a new poll up at each round where you can vote in all of the matchups. The winners advance. Probably won't do a loser's bracket, but we'll see. At a later date I'll say how long each round will last.

In order to nominate your 4 members, you must send me a personal message. Don't post them in this thread. You can nominate yourself, though it's not very cool.

Commence Smiley

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 03:12:26 AM »

I nominate Hashemite, Marokai, Al and Tmthforu (you need to be there Wink)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 03:28:53 PM »

8 people have current sent to me their nominations, so at this point, it'll be Top 16. But there's still plenty of time to make your picks and message them to me. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 08:40:43 PM »

In order to nominate your 4 members, you must send me a personal message. Don't post them in this thread. You can nominate yourself, though it's not very cool.

Just a reminder.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 04:20:18 PM »

Up to 11 - could definitely use some more votes, otherwise I'm going to be breaking a lot of ties.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 04:11:07 PM »

This ends in 5 hours - at this point, I'm considering just doing the Top 8 as I still haven't gotten very many responses. May increase the deadline a bit if more interest is shown.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies