Future PA-13 races
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 09:45:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Future PA-13 races
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Future PA-13 races  (Read 8018 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2004, 09:18:21 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bard run again, she's leaving office with 80% approval ratings and I wonder if she might run for state senate if Stu Greenleaf retires in the near future (I doubt he'll try for PA-13 again, though)

I think if Weber runs for the State House seat again she could win it back provided she doesn't screw up (she ran commericals/ sent ads implying that Rendell had endorsed her, and then he threatened to sue her ).

Bard will probably run again but won't go far. That's something I'm happy about.

Weber will be back in either 2006 or 2008. I can't believe they actually tried to make it seem like Rendell endorsed her. That was probably the turning point in the campaign. Isn't it funny how her campaign probably thought that would secure her re-election and it's probably what hurt her the most? If it wasn't for that, she would have won, in my opinion.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2004, 09:25:15 PM »

I agree with you, the race was only determined by a couple hundred votes and after that, Gerber put up signs that said something like "Rendell supports Gerber"
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2004, 09:31:25 PM »

I agree with you, the race was only determined by a couple hundred votes and after that, Gerber put up signs that said something like "Rendell supports Gerber"

Well that would actually help him more in 2006 since Rendell will be on the ballot but I think the heavy turnout for this election was what pushed him over the edge. The turnout won't be that high in two years so Gerber won't benefit that much. And like you said, we must remember that Gerber only won by 400 votes. If Weber starts planning for another run soon and starts raising the money, she can take the seat back.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2004, 09:35:43 PM »

While Weber may win back her district, the Dems might be able to make up for it in PA-152.  If the Dems pick a halfway decent candidate (other than a 50-year-old guy who still lives with his mom) they could pick it up plus the election was still in the shadow of the death of Cornell's father.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2004, 09:38:43 PM »

While Weber may win back her district, the Dems might be able to make up for it in PA-152.  If the Dems pick a halfway decent candidate (other than a 50-year-old guy who still lives with his mom) they could pick it up plus the election was still in the shadow of the death of Cornell's father.

Yeah I don't think Cornell's seat will stay with the GOP after she leaves.
DownTheCenter

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2004, 08:06:46 PM »

Bicardy Lemon is his name. and people wonder why the northeast is going down hill. its all drunkin white trash democrats.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2004, 09:39:53 PM »

Bicardy Lemon is his name. and people wonder why the northeast is going down hill. its all drunkin white trash democrats.

Great first post DownTheCenter Tongue
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2004, 09:40:33 PM »

South Philly vs. NE Philly!

Round one...ding ding ding.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2004, 09:41:30 PM »

Oh this will be fun....
DownTheCenter

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2004, 10:34:20 PM »

we all know south philly wins this one. we are the only one of the two who has had steady democratic leadership for quite some time now. also, we dont run around advertising out love for beer.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2004, 10:36:50 PM »

we are the only one of the two who has had steady democratic leadership for quite some time now.

Yeah because Vince Fumo is such a leader  Tongue
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2004, 04:51:45 PM »

And I'd much rather walk around NE Philly at 3 AM than South Philly (not like either is desirable)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2004, 02:26:41 AM »

Learn how to spell.  Oh and what is your problem?  Yeah I'm glad to see another Democrat from the city here, but to call me white trash, you have one nerve pal.  I like to drink, but what does that have to do with you calling me white trash? 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2004, 04:18:20 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hey BL...I wonder the same thing except I'm asking the question to someone else. Remember when you played the role of "GirlGoneWild" a few weeks ago? There were some hysterical things said and it would be even funny bringing them back now knowing that you really were GirlGoneWild the whole time. But that's not my point here. Remember your comments directed at me...

So I have a question: What was your problem?
DownTheCenter

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2004, 10:53:59 PM »

Learn how to spell.  Oh and what is your problem?  Yeah I'm glad to see another Democrat from the city here, but to call me white trash, you have one nerve pal.  I like to drink, but what does that have to do with you calling me white trash? 

learn how to spell? i am sorry for not being an expert on the spelling of beer. white trash, i classify that as someone who calles elected officials bastards and pricks etc for no apparent reason. I consider white trash to be a drunk who enjoys drinking so much that he feels the constant need to advertise it by making it his name.
you and i are right on the issues! we are right! but nobody listens because you have to make us look bad by insulting people and dragging their names through the mud. i come from south philly where this happens all the time and it makes me sick. i just felt the need, and will keep doing so until you stop, to give you a taste of your own medicine. because i am tired of being a philly democrat and not being taken seriously because of people like you.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2004, 10:58:13 PM »

learn how to spell? i am sorry for not being an expert on the spelling of beer. white trash, i classify that as someone who calles elected officials bastards and pricks etc for no apparent reason. I consider white trash to be a drunk who enjoys drinking so much that he feels the constant need to advertise it by making it his name.
you and i are right on the issues! we are right! but nobody listens because you have to make us look bad by insulting people and dragging their names through the mud. i come from south philly where this happens all the time and it makes me sick. i just felt the need, and will keep doing so until you stop, to give you a taste of your own medicine. because i am tired of being a philly democrat and not being taken seriously because of people like you.

Until Philly gets a new mayor, I don't think Philadelphia democrats can be taken seriously.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2004, 11:07:46 PM »

Both sides insult the other and make themselves look bad. You cannot pin that on one person or group. Anyone who actually cares about our democracy enough to activley work for the issues they care about is not trash, not when compared to the millions of people who couldn't care less about who decides their future.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2004, 11:33:18 PM »

Until Philly gets a new mayor, I don't think Philadelphia democrats can be taken seriously.

The Democrats are favored to win the Mayoral election....again. Believe me when I say that some of these candidates who are lining up to run will be no better than our current Mayor.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2004, 11:40:31 PM »

I don't know if it's possible to elect a Republican mayor of Philly, hell I could get elected there probably, since the city voted over 80% for Kerry it'd take a LOT of crossover votes and there are parts of the city which basically vote almost 100% for whoever the Democrat is by default.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2004, 11:46:41 PM »

I don't know if it's possible to elect a Republican mayor of Philly, hell I could get elected there probably, since the city voted over 80% for Kerry it'd take a LOT of crossover votes and there are parts of the city which basically vote almost 100% for whoever the Democrat is by default.

If Center City (downtown) became independent from the rest of Philadelphia, you would win in a landslide. Citywide? I wouldn't be too sure of yourself. You'd be crushed in the Northeast and some traditionally Democratic areas of the city might find it hard to vote for someone so extreme.

Using the fact that Kerry won with over 80% of the vote is ridiculous. Sam Katz (R) lost by only 2 points in '99 and while he only received 42% in '03, that's still a good amount of support for a city that is overwhelmingly Democratic. The Philly GOP would put up a moderate and could beat a far left winger such as yourself.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2004, 01:51:28 AM »
« Edited: December 23, 2004, 02:27:04 AM by BacardiLimon »

Read Akno21's post.  Yes, I have a college degree and have worked on a campaign.  Ok, I may result to name calling a lot, but hey I'm from Philly.  Then again, you come on here and start calling me white trash and you don't know me.  I find it very odd that your first few posts were directly aimed at me and belittling me to boot.

The Philly Democratic party is VERY strong, but at the same time factionalized.  I feel it's because of the makeup of certain localities.  Northeast Philadelphia Democrats, for example, have a tightrope to walk.  They can't get too close to Street and other black pols or else their neighbors will get pissed and say their pandering to the blacks, but they need to be close for support and financing.  A lot of our problems stem from a few things my friend:

-  The Catholic church's GOP bias on selected issues
   -  The false notion that federal tax dollars get diverted from hard 
      working whites to pay for "black" programs
   -  The "tough cop" mentality prevalent in a lot of NE and South Philly
       neighborhoods

I'll put these topics out for now, but I'll elaborate on them later.  Think about these before you bash me for being such a horrible Democrat.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2004, 01:05:11 PM »

Read Akno21's post.  Yes, I have a college degree and have worked on a campaign.  Ok, I may result to name calling a lot, but hey I'm from Philly.  Then again, you come on here and start calling me white trash and you don't know me.  I find it very odd that your first few posts were directly aimed at me and belittling me to boot.

The Philly Democratic party is VERY strong, but at the same time factionalized.  I feel it's because of the makeup of certain localities.  Northeast Philadelphia Democrats, for example, have a tightrope to walk.  They can't get too close to Street and other black pols or else their neighbors will get pissed and say their pandering to the blacks, but they need to be close for support and financing.  A lot of our problems stem from a few things my friend:

-  The Catholic church's GOP bias on selected issues
   -  The false notion that federal tax dollars get diverted from hard 
      working whites to pay for "black" programs
   -  The "tough cop" mentality prevalent in a lot of NE and South Philly
       neighborhoods

I'll put these topics out for now, but I'll elaborate on them later.  Think about these before you bash me for being such a horrible Democrat.

Ok you're from Philly. Guess what...so am I. We need to stop the name calling now.

Catholic Church bias towards the GOP? Well I've gone over this before. The Church and the GOP agree in key issues. Should we take away the Church's beliefs just to help out the Democrats politically?

You talk about this "tough cop" mentality but what about the Mr. Big Union Guy mentality? Address that issue for me, please.

Yeah and I'd still like for you to address your problem when you insulted me as everyone's favorite Center City feminist GirlGoneWild.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2004, 03:15:42 PM »

Keystone, this is an in-house scuffle between 2 Democrats.  I don't feel like going over the other points with you again because we already have.  The GGW thing was a joke.  Don't take it to heart. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2004, 03:18:29 PM »

Keystone, this is an in-house scuffle between 2 Democrats.  I don't feel like going over the other points with you again because we already have.  The GGW thing was a joke.  Don't take it to heart. 

Infighting between 2 Democrats but my comments had a point. You are asking what DownTheCenter's problem is and I want to know what your problem was. GirlGoneWild wasn't a joke. It was a desperate attempt on your part to save yourself a job. You found an opportunity to attack me on a personal level by disguising yourself. And to say that we went over your comments that were directed towards me is a flat out lie. My point: Don't complain about people attacking you personally when you have done the same thing.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2004, 03:29:46 PM »

Infighting between 2 Democrats but my comments had a point. You are asking what DownTheCenter's problem is and I want to know what your problem was. GirlGoneWild wasn't a joke. It was a desperate attempt on your part to save yourself a job. You found an opportunity to attack me on a personal level by disguising yourself. And to say that we went over your comments that were directed towards me is a flat out lie. My point: Don't complain about people attacking you personally when you have done the same thing.

Ok, I apologize to you for my immaturity.  Thing is though we've been on here for some time so we are going to trade online barbs.  This guy hasn't introduced himself or made any political talk and goes right to bashing me.  I find it very odd this guy's from South Philly and you're quick to defend him.  Just a thought.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies