Does this disturb you like it did to me in hindsight?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 08:52:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does this disturb you like it did to me in hindsight?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Does this disturb you like it did to me in hindsight?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 8

Author Topic: Does this disturb you like it did to me in hindsight?  (Read 462 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 06, 2011, 10:11:42 PM »

For some reason I started thinking of the Pledge of Allegiance lately, probably due to school coming back and the upcoming 9/11 jingoistic fest that'll make me sick. But anyway as stated before my high school and middle school did not have the pledge. I did have it every year up until 6th grade. Well hindsight kind of hit me, it was in my school grades K-2. So when I lived on the Reservation.

I'd rather not have the Pledge in any school, but those schools are the LAST ones that should have them. Especially the school that is the closest one to the burial site of Sitting Bull. I mean seriously how can anyone reconcile that? I didn't give it any thought at the time, but today it just disturbs the hell out of me.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 01:18:51 PM »

Native American American Patriotism is a tricky thing. It's different from "normal" American Patriotism. But it's certainly there. Oh yes.
Heck, many people see their father's service for America in WWII as being in the same warrior tradition as their great-grandfather's service on the good side at say Little Bighorn.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies