Would you vote for a gay or atheist president?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 11:03:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Would you vote for a gay or atheist president?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Poll
Question: Would you vote for someone who is gay to hold our highest post? Atheist?
Yes/Yes

Yes/No

No/Yes

No/No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 126

Author Topic: Would you vote for a gay or atheist president?  (Read 38851 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2005, 10:30:53 PM »

Never.  Anyone lacking any inner spirtuality, sexual control, or traditional values is not capable of trusted or strong leadership.

None of those things have anything to do with making correct policy decisions and dealing with allies.

Actually they do.  You can't make policy decisions when you're getting your d!ck sucked and your a$$ rammed.  You also appear less strong and capable to the rest of the world.  And you don't have the strength to do anything in regards to good policy decisions if you're atheist, because 1/5 of your personal well being is absent.  Also, our country's founding fathers were very religious.  I believe it is essential to carry on those types of things.  I also worry about "God" being removed from every aspect of our lives, if an atheist president were in office.  My right to pray, my right to say God in the pledge, my right to say Merry Christmas, my right to display nativity scenes, my right to go to church, the obligation to swear on the bible at trials, etc., etc.

Yes, because gay presidents would be having sex while making policy decisions? Uh, OK.

With f@gs, and their lack of morals, they most likely would.

My definition of morals is being a good human being. Being gay or straight has nothing to do with how good of a human being you are.

My definition of morals includes self-discipline and self-control.

And how exactly do gay people not have that?

By choosing to engage in homosexual lifestyles.

Do you believe gays will go to hell?
bushforever
bushwillwin

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2005, 10:31:04 PM »

You're right, but there's also nothing patriotic about religion, no matter how you twist it.

Actually there is.  Our country was founded by religious people not atheists.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2005, 10:31:37 PM »

You're right, but there's also nothing patriotic about religion, no matter how you twist it.

It wasn't founded because of religion. They just happened to be religous.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2005, 10:32:41 PM »

Never.  Anyone lacking any inner spirtuality, sexual control, or traditional values is not capable of trusted or strong leadership.

None of those things have anything to do with making correct policy decisions and dealing with allies.

Actually they do.  You can't make policy decisions when you're getting your d!ck sucked and your a$$ rammed.  You also appear less strong and capable to the rest of the world.  And you don't have the strength to do anything in regards to good policy decisions if you're atheist, because 1/5 of your personal well being is absent.  Also, our country's founding fathers were very religious.  I believe it is essential to carry on those types of things.  I also worry about "God" being removed from every aspect of our lives, if an atheist president were in office.  My right to pray, my right to say God in the pledge, my right to say Merry Christmas, my right to display nativity scenes, my right to go to church, the obligation to swear on the bible at trials, etc., etc.

Yes, because gay presidents would be having sex while making policy decisions? Uh, OK.

My definition of morals is being a good human being. Being gay or straight has nothing to do with how good of a human being you are.

I'm not really sure who goes and who doesn't.  I think it really depends if you find inner peace with God and try to live by his morals.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #154 on: January 06, 2005, 10:33:43 PM »

Yeah, are you kidding? Of course gays do that often enough for it to prevent them from holding office!

And atheists would ban religion, just like Christian presidents ban Judaism and JFK banned everything but Catholicism, right?

Bushforever is a really rational guy, folks - kind of like Bush himself.

Atheists are trying to ban religion already.  Take a law class.  No student-led prayers at football games.  An attempt to remove it from the pledge.  Attempts to disallow prayers at public places.  No prayers or pastors at graduation ceremonies.  No nativity scenes.  The whole politically correct aura of "Happy Holidays."

You are steryotyping all athiests. Most athiests just want to live their lives away from religion, but they respect the right of others to pray and sing Christmas carols. At public school, there should be no public prayers. Don't favor certain religions. It's common sense, IMHO.

Yes, but student-led prayers at football games where most everyone agrees and prays.  And what about my right to pray individually or quote the bible at school.  Or not teaching evolution.  If you get an atheist president, you will get all these complaining atheist special interests groups trying to have the president inflict their views on the country.

I don't have a problem with you sitting at your desk praying. Just it shouldn't be lead by anyone. If you and some friends want to pray in a corner during lunch, be my guest. If we have a Christian President, wouldn't we have Christian special interest groups trying to inflict their views?

What is so bad about science?

Not all science is true.

And if I want to preach to the crowd and lead a prayer, I should be able to.  And it does not matter about religious special interest groups trying to inflict their views, because religion is a part of our country not atheism.  I have no problem with Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus...whatever.  If any of those people want to lead prayers, go right ahead.  I don't have to follow, and neither do they if it's a Christian prayer.  It's important to be acceptful and tolerant and try to relate to the words of spirit they have to offer.  It's just atheists I have issues with.

Not all science is true, but learning commonly accepted scientific theory cannot harm you in any way.

Lead your prayer in church, or somewhere that isn't school ground.

You say it's important to be acceptful and tolerant, yet you hate gays and atheists?
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2005, 10:33:51 PM »

Actually they were escaping religious persecution because of their religion.  Proud to be my religion...proud to be an American.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #156 on: January 06, 2005, 10:34:31 PM »

Actually they were escaping religious persecution because of their religion.  Proud to be my religion...proud to be an American.

Take a page out of their book, and stop persecuting athiests.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #157 on: January 06, 2005, 10:35:32 PM »

Yeah, are you kidding? Of course gays do that often enough for it to prevent them from holding office!

And atheists would ban religion, just like Christian presidents ban Judaism and JFK banned everything but Catholicism, right?

Atheists are trying to ban religion already.  Take a law class.  No student-led prayers at football games.  An attempt to remove it from the pledge.  Attempts to disallow prayers at public places.  No prayers or pastors at graduation ceremonies.  No nativity scenes.  The whole politically correct aura of "Happy Holidays."

You are steryotyping all athiests. Most athiests just want to live their lives away from religion, but they respect the right of others to pray and sing Christmas carols. At public school, there should be no public prayers. Don't favor certain religions. It's common sense, IMHO.

Yes, but student-led prayers at football games where most everyone agrees and prays.  And what about my right to pray individually or quote the bible at school.  Or not teaching evolution.  If you get an atheist president, you will get all these complaining atheist special interests groups trying to have the president inflict their views on the country.

I don't have a problem with you sitting at your desk praying. Just it shouldn't be lead by anyone. If you and some friends want to pray in a corner during lunch, be my guest. If we have a Christian President, wouldn't we have Christian special interest groups trying to inflict their views?

Not all science is true.

And if I want to preach to the crowd and lead a prayer, I should be able to.  And it does not matter about religious special interest groups trying to inflict their views, because religion is a part of our country not atheism.  I have no problem with Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus...whatever.  If any of those people want to lead prayers, go right ahead.  I don't have to follow, and neither do they if it's a Christian prayer.  It's important to be acceptful and tolerant and try to relate to the words of spirit they have to offer.  It's just atheists I have issues with.

Not all science is true, but learning commonly accepted scientific theory cannot harm you in any way.

You say it's important to be acceptful and tolerant, yet you hate gays and atheists?

It also doesn't hurt to believe in God.

This is America.  I can lead prayer wherever I want.  

It's important to be acceptful and tolerant of OTHER RELIGIONS.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #158 on: January 06, 2005, 10:35:49 PM »

I'm not really sure who goes and who doesn't.  I think it really depends if you find inner peace with God and try to live by his morals.

Doesn't it depend more on how well you live your life and whether it is a good person or not? What I live life well, I don't kill anyone, steal, etc., but I never read the Bible, would I go to hell?
Cashcow

« Reply #159 on: January 06, 2005, 10:36:34 PM »

Atheists are trying to ban religion already.  Take a law class.  No student-led prayers at football games.  An attempt to remove it from the pledge.  Attempts to disallow prayers at public places.  No prayers or pastors at graduation ceremonies.  No nativity scenes.  The whole politically correct aura of "Happy Holidays."

Not all science is true.

And if I want to preach to the crowd and lead a prayer, I should be able to.  And it does not matter about religious special interest groups trying to inflict their views, because religion is a part of our country not atheism.  I have no problem with Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus...whatever.  If any of those people want to lead prayers, go right ahead.  I don't have to follow, and neither do they if it's a Christian prayer.  It's important to be acceptful and tolerant and try to relate to the words of spirit they have to offer.  It's just atheists I have issues with.

This is America.  I can lead prayer wherever I want. 

Except belief systems you don't like, right?
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #160 on: January 06, 2005, 10:36:51 PM »

No one is persecuting atheists.  I just don't have to let them walk over my religion.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #161 on: January 06, 2005, 10:36:58 PM »

Not all science is true.

It doesn't hurt not to believe in him.

I really have a problem with your assumption that athiests are morally worse than everyone else. You won't tolerate athiests because you don't believe in them?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #162 on: January 06, 2005, 10:37:29 PM »

No one is persecuting atheists.  I just don't have to let them walk over my religion.

And they don't want your walking over their beliefs either.
Cashcow

« Reply #163 on: January 06, 2005, 10:38:33 PM »

By the way, our nation was also founded by people from the thirteen colonies! I live in New Jersey. Therefore, I declare myself 50% more patriotic than you are!

Proud to be from New Jersey!
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #164 on: January 06, 2005, 10:38:43 PM »

Atheists are trying to ban religion already.  Take a law class.  No student-led prayers at football games.  An attempt to remove it from the pledge.  Attempts to disallow prayers at public places.  No prayers or pastors at graduation ceremonies.  No nativity scenes.  The whole politically correct aura of "Happy Holidays."

Not all science is true.

And if I want to preach to the crowd and lead a prayer, I should be able to.  And it does not matter about religious special interest groups trying to inflict their views, because religion is a part of our country not atheism.  I have no problem with Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus...whatever.  If any of those people want to lead prayers, go right ahead.  I don't have to follow, and neither do they if it's a Christian prayer.  It's important to be acceptful and tolerant and try to relate to the words of spirit they have to offer.  It's just atheists I have issues with.

Except lack of religion or religious principles.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #165 on: January 06, 2005, 10:41:11 PM »

Not all science is true.

Which leads me back to my point. Religion and Policy shouldn't mix because they don't mix. Whether I pray or not has NO effect on whether I support a certain environmental policy.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #166 on: January 06, 2005, 10:41:45 PM »

Not all science is true.

I really have a problem with your assumption that athiests are morally worse than everyone else. You won't tolerate athiests because you don't believe in them?

Actually it could hurt not to believe in Him or have some sort of personal relationship with Him if you're talking about your heaven & hell thing.

And I wont tolerate atheists because they lack spirituality and are attempting to remove it from our country.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #167 on: January 06, 2005, 10:45:06 PM »

Not all science is true.

Actually it could hurt not to believe in Him or have some sort of personal relationship with Him if you're talking about your heaven & hell thing.

And I wont tolerate atheists because they lack spirituality and are attempting to remove it from our country.

But, IMHO, going to heaven or hell matters more about whether you lead a good life than if you live a spiritual one.

Doesn't Christianity teach tolerance?
A few athiests want to remove it from our country. A few republicans want to kill abortion doctors. Yet do you see me accusing 60 million people of being murderers?
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #168 on: January 06, 2005, 10:45:39 PM »

Not all science is true.

Which leads me back to my point. Religion and Policy shouldn't mix because they don't mix. Whether I pray or not has NO effect on whether I support a certain environmental policy.

But my point is having a president who has a personal relationship with God makes the country stronger because the president is spiritually whole.  Kind of like Bush.  He also knows it is more important to act with his heart, not people's taxes.  
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #169 on: January 06, 2005, 10:48:07 PM »

Not all science is true.

But my point is having a president who has a personal relationship with God makes the country stronger because the president is spiritually whole.  Kind of like Bush.  He also knows it is more important to act with his heart, not people's taxes.  

I know I for one would not be in any way weaker with an athiest President than my community currently is with Bush.

Your heart can't think. Act with your brain.
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #170 on: January 06, 2005, 10:48:26 PM »

Not all science is true.

But, IMHO, going to heaven or hell matters more about whether you lead a good life than if you live a spiritual one.

A few athiests want to remove it from our country. A few republicans want to kill abortion doctors. Yet do you see me accusing 60 million people of being murderers?

OK, good for you.  But I'm just saying it can't hurt to believe in God AND live a good life, even if the heaven/hell thing doesn't matter.  Why not??

I bet if I did a survey of atheists, I bet most would favor removing God from the pledge, removing nativity scenes, removing public prayer, etc.  It makes them feel uncomfortable.
○∙◄☻„tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #171 on: January 06, 2005, 10:50:29 PM »

Are atheists the new black?
bushforever
bushwillwin

« Reply #172 on: January 06, 2005, 10:50:57 PM »

Not all science is true.

I know I for one would not be in any way weaker with an athiest President than my community currently is with Bush.

You're spirtuality should be what guides your brain.  I sure wouldn't want a president who acts strictly on brain impulses.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #173 on: January 06, 2005, 10:51:51 PM »

Not all science is true.

OK, good for you.  But I'm just saying it can't hurt to believe in God AND live a good life, even if the heaven/hell thing doesn't matter.  Why not??

I bet if I did a survey of atheists, I bet most would favor removing God from the pledge, removing nativity scenes, removing public prayer, etc.  It makes them feel uncomfortable.

You do that. Ask Kemperor first, he's athiest.
You have no ing clue how things make athiests feel.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #174 on: January 06, 2005, 10:52:22 PM »

Not all science is true.

You're spirtuality should be what guides your brain.  I sure wouldn't want a president who acts strictly on brain impulses.

Why don't we just vote for the Bible for President then?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies