Opinion of Thomas Mulcair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:01:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Thomas Mulcair
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of NDP Deputy leader Thomas Mulcair?
FF

HP

Neutral

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 11

Author Topic: Opinion of Thomas Mulcair  (Read 1179 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 27, 2011, 08:05:44 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Mulcair

Hash has called him "arrogant, snobby" and for some reason opportunist. That is extremely ironic considering that pretty much describes the entire Liberal Party.

But, Mulcair left the Quebec Liberal Party for the NDP at a time when the party was in 4th place. Opportunist? Hardly.

He is possibly the next leader of the NDP, btw.

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 08:11:02 PM »

He's a street fighter, mercurial and temperamental. That said, he's also a very effective parliamentarian and attack dog. Obviously I don't agree with his political views, but I do respect his abilities. Overall, closer to HP than FF.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 10:00:59 PM »

Hash sees him as a threat, and he sees the NDP as one too. It's not surprising that he lashes out at them with any insult he can muster up.

Mulcair is... I dunno. I'll probably support him for leader, but I'd prefer someone else. He'd be the safest.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 03:45:09 AM »

Hash has called him "arrogant, snobby" and for some reason opportunist. That is extremely ironic considering that pretty much describes the entire Liberal Party.
And Mulcair used to be in the Parti Liberal, so presumably Hash's right, no?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 04:04:50 AM »

And Mulcair used to be in the Parti Liberal, so presumably Hash's right, no?

That just makes him a stooge of the mafia, doesn't it?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 05:14:29 AM »

I don't know him, so neutral. I probably agree with his views, anyways.
lowtech redneck
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 08:01:30 AM »

The same thing I said about Layton applies here; besides, the Kyoto protocol is complete and utter bull.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 08:55:20 AM »
« Edited: August 28, 2011, 09:04:02 AM by Accomidateing »

Hash sees him as a threat, and he sees the NDP as one too. It's not surprising that he lashes out at them with any insult he can muster up.

Cool, you're making up stuff again! Libertas would be proud of you!

I don't see him or the NDP as a "threat". That is utterly ridiculous bullsh**t and I might take you more seriously if you didn't use such bs as arguments. I don't particularly like the NDP, no, but they're not a 'threat'. In case you didn't notice, I think Harper is far more of a threat than any Grit or Dipper (which considering the NDP's propensity to viscerally attack Liberals over anything else, not all would agree with me there). I want the Liberals to re-emerge as the opposition, but above all I'm far more concerned with opposing and defeating the Tories who are far more of a threat and dangerous than 60 billion Mulcairs morphed into one. I'm a Liberal, I like the Liberals, I hope they rebuild, get strong again and I'll remain loyal to them unless they do something I dislike; but I think I've already made it clear that my appreciation/support for them as a party is never as deep as my deep-seated opposition and hatred for Harper and his ilk. I don't particularly care for Bob Rae, I like a few Liberal MPs and there are a lot who I don't particularly care for either. And some, which thankfully are gone, who I didn't like at all.

I don't think I'm making up anything when I see him as arrogant and snobby. If some people disagree, fine, but it seems a lot of people around here prefer to deny any of that and resort to calling me an arrogant snobby Liberal because that's sooooo cool, and it also sounds like one of those old Tory attack ads. And I certainly don't think that I'm exaggerating when I say he's an abrasive guy.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 09:01:37 AM »
« Edited: August 28, 2011, 09:05:20 AM by Darth Kalwejt »

Congratulations, guys. With NDP-ers and Liberals like you, fighting all the time, Harpo is very happy.

I wonder what I'm going to hear next. Perhaps evil Libruls gave Layton cancer.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 09:34:31 AM »

Congratulations, guys. With NDP-ers and Liberals like you, fighting all the time, Harpo is very happy.

You know you're not helping a lot...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 09:38:24 AM »

I'm sorry for merely noticing that NDP folks and Liberal folks seems to hate each other more than conservative Government.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 12:48:04 PM »

I'm sorry for merely noticing that NDP folks and Liberal folks seems to hate each other more than conservative Government.

I fail to see why this is such a bad thing. Bonnet blanc et blanc bonnet, as it were.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 02:35:26 PM »

I fail to see why this is such a bad thing. Bonnet blanc et blanc bonnet, as it were.

Of course. Let's have left side divided forever, because it's fun, and stick with a permanent majority of right-wing nuts.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 05:21:54 PM »

Of course. Let's have left side divided forever, because it's fun, and stick with a permanent majority of right-wing nuts.

The Liberals aren't on the left, you see. Not everything to the left of Harper is left wing. The Liberals are a centrist party.

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 05:37:53 PM »

Yep. The merger advocates are mostly media types: I haven't heard one prominent Grit or Dipper advocate such a course.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies