Will Sarah Palin jump in?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:05:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Will Sarah Palin jump in?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Sarah Palin jump in for the 2012 race?
Yes

No

Don't know

Don't care

Doesn't matter anyway

She's now irrelevant

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Will Sarah Palin jump in?  (Read 1052 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 12, 2011, 06:30:07 PM »

Please vote and discuss if you like.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 06:45:21 PM »

Whether she does or not, Palin is definitely milking this for all its got.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 06:49:06 PM »

At this point, I think I almost would want her to run to split the Tea Party vote even more. I think Romney could win Iowa if both her and Perry ran. As long as she doesn't come close to winning the GOP nomination, I'm OK with it.
America™
All For America
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 07:16:52 PM »

At this point, I think I almost would want her to run to split the Tea Party vote even more. I think Romney could win Iowa if both her and Perry ran. As long as she doesn't come close to winning the GOP nomination, I'm OK with it.
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 07:52:15 PM »

No. She is just getting her troll on like Trump was.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 07:56:42 PM »

She's making bank doing whatever the hell it is she does, so I doubt it. Sarah Palin is a business now.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 08:08:23 PM »

She's making bank doing whatever the hell it is she does, so I doubt it. Sarah Palin is a business now.

California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 08:09:37 PM »

No. She's dragging it out because she knows she can't win but if she says no the media no longer will care about her, and ALL that is gone after she endorses someone.

Come on she QUIT IN OFFICE! Now you can say she saved Alaska, but that disqualifes her from being elected President
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 08:19:39 PM »

A few days ago I would have said no, but with her showing up in Iowa isn't just a coincidence. Her chances of entering are 60/40. I think she wants to be apart of the national dialogue and she believes she make an impact.

By her entering she will practically pave the road for Romney to win the nomination, so I'm hoping she does enter!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 09:28:09 PM »

Come on she QUIT IN OFFICE! Now you can say she saved Alaska, but that disqualifes her from being elected President

She did quit in office, like Newt Gingrich, and Jon Huntsman (not that being Ambassador qualifies you anyway). So I dont think its fair to go after her on that. That being said, she wants to be home with her children, and as of today, her new granddaughter.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 09:52:09 PM »

No, Bachmann blocks her.
GLPman
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 09:58:54 PM »

Nope. She's just leading the media on a little chase.
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 10:27:56 PM »

She did quit in office, like Newt Gingrich, and Jon Huntsman (not that being Ambassador qualifies you anyway). So I dont think its fair to go after her on that. That being said, she wants to be home with her children, and as of today, her new granddaughter.

But her situation was a lot different from someone like Huntsman who was asked to be ambassador. Palin quit because she recognized the opportunity to make millions of dollars off of her star power and she did just that.
defe07

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 11:05:01 PM »

Maybe her role will be that of a kingmaker/queenmaker! Who knows, if a Republican eventually wins the 2012 election, she might want to go after a big Cabinet post or maybe Ambassadorship! We'll have to see!
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2011, 01:57:58 AM »

Call it wishful thinking, but I vote YES.

Let's face it: she's an attention whore, and she surely doesn't like all the spotlight being shined on her lunatic sister Michele Bachmann. I think she's calculating and waiting for the right moment to jump in. She'll suck away all the Tea Party energy from Bachmann and Perry and has the name recognition and so-called attractiveness that bodes well for the old angry white corn-fed men in Iowa. Yes, she quit her job, and in Bachmann's defense, she didn't quit hers, but Palin is good at playing the victim and she'll turn her decision to leave the Governorship of Alaska into a political one and will blame the lamestream media or the "establishment" or something else and it will resonate.

We have to assume that she is rational, though, and has seen the polls that say she cannot win. But, if anyone saw the cover of Newsweek, she says she CAN win. Clearly, reality doesn't go in the same sentence as Sarah Palin, but it doesn't sift well with the teabaggers either, so that's a plus. She'll milk that for all it's worth. She'll say something crazy like "They (The establishment/lamestream media/liberal elites in Hollywood) say I can't win.." that's all it takes to fire up her supporters.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2011, 02:00:18 AM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies