Office of GTO Ambassador Tmthforu94
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:18:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of GTO Ambassador Tmthforu94
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of GTO Ambassador Tmthforu94  (Read 1453 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 28, 2011, 10:07:17 PM »

Figured I should get my office up and running! Smiley Though this is late, I'd once again like to thank the President, SoEA Ben, and the Senate for their confidence in me. Expect great things to come from this office. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 10:09:29 PM »

First off, before I start getting down to the nitty gritty, I want to repost exactly what the Global Trade Organization is. The following two posts is the original treaty written up by Fmr. Vice President SuperSoulty:

The following treaty, pioneered and written by Fmr. Vice President Supersoulty on behalf of the Ebowed/Q administration, in consultation with Prime Minster Tony Blair (UK), Chancellor Angela Merkel (Germany), Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi (Japan), Prime Minister John Howard (Australia), President Álvaro Uribe Vélez (Colombia), President Thabo Mbeki (South Africa), President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva (Brazil), and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh (India), will be the beginning of a new international force dedicated to human rights and fighting terrorism.  This will not be an abolition of the United Nations or a moving away from it of any sort on behalf of Atlasia, but rather the formation of a tighter-knit organization that will have this treaty as its guideline.

Preamble
* The Parties to this Treaty recognize that, though it takes many forms, democratic government, ideals, systems and traditions are essential to the future progress, security and prosperity of humankind.
* They recognize that, while all nations wish to maintain their sovereignty, this age is a global age and a global effort must be undertaken to secure the rights of humanity against new, global threats.
* They affirm that an affront against liberty in any part of the world is an affront to liberty everywhere. ?* They are determined to safeguard the freedom, common heritage and civilizations of their peoples, founded on the principles of democracy, individual liberty and the rule of law. They seek to promote stability and well-being across the globe.?* They are resolved to unite their efforts for collective defense and for the preservation of peace and security. They therefore agree to this Global Treaty:

Article 1
As free and democratic nations, we understand, through our traditions, that peaceful settlements and resolutions to conflicts are always preferable.  The Parties undertake to settle any international dispute in which they may be involved by peaceful means in such a manner that international peace and security and justice are not endangered, and to refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force in any manner inconsistent with these purposes.

Article 2
The Parties will contribute toward the further development of peaceful and friendly international relations by strengthening their free institutions, by bringing about a better understanding of the principles upon which these institutions are founded, and by promoting conditions of stability and well-being. They will seek to eliminate conflict in their international economic policies and will encourage economic collaboration between any or all of them.

Article 3
In order more effectively to achieve the objectives of this Treaty, the Parties, separately and jointly, by means of continuous and effective self-help and mutual aid, will maintain and develop their individual and collective capacity to resist armed attack.  This will include join cooperation in the advancement of anti-ballistic missile technology.

Article 4
The Parties will consult together whenever, in the opinion of any of them, the territorial integrity, political independence or security of any of the Parties is threatened.

Article 5
The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defense, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the Globe.

Article 6
* The Parties agree that, if need be, aggressive action, taken in the defense of democratic governments, or the defense of individual nations, might be necessary to secure liberty around the globe.
* The Parties of this treaty reserve the right to act in ways that might be deemed aggressive.  That such action will only be taken when a clear threat to any member, or any democratic government or institution is established.
* The Parties will assist any sovereign nation which petitions for assistance, either military, or otherwise, from threats either civil or international.
* That such assistance will be rendered immediately upon the approval of such petition by 7/10 of the voting Parties of this treaty.
* That Parties choosing not to render military assistance need not do so, however, monetary assistance maybe required.
* That any nation might choose to act, without expressed consent of the organization, so long as those actions are in accordance with the spirit of the charter.
* That any nation constitutionally bound to not take part in aggressive military action is not required to do so.  Forces may, however, be requested to act in supporting roles.
* That coalition military forces will not leave any war zone until their assistance is no longer requested, or the mission is deemed to be completed in the terms and spirit of the charter.
* That, for practical causes, some nations might be asked to deploy forces, in uneven ratios to certain problem areas, due to geographic proximity, or ease of transport.  Different Parties might also be selected, by agreement, to maintain sole or exclusive jurisdiction over problem areas of the globe, while forces of other nations are assigned elsewhere.
* This is provided that the forces of those Parties are commensurate to completing, effectively, the task at hand.

Article 7
* The Parties recognize that terrorism, across the globe, has become a real, daily threat to the life and liberty of the citizens of free nations.  In this new age of globalism, the menace provided by terrorists has been elevated to new and frightening levels.
* The Parties hold it as necessary to the very core of this organization to combat threats of terrorism, both globally and locally.
* The Parties reserve the right to respond, through force, if necessary, to any terrorist action on their soil.
* Any terrorist action taken against one Party will be seen as a strike against all and all Parties signing this treaty will be compelled to act within their limits.
* The Parties will not condone, assist or sponsor any state or organization which sponsors wanton acts of terrorism.
* The Parties reserve the right, both as an organization and as individuals, to take military action within or against any state seen to be sponsoring terrorist acts against one of its members.
* The Parties are permitted to act, both individually and as an organization, to deploy forces in any state or states requesting assistance against terrorist activities.
* Such a request will be handled in the same way as afore mentioned requests addressed in Article 6.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 10:10:05 PM »

Article 8
* The Parties recognize that the current struggle against international drug trafficking runs hand-in-hand with the struggle to expand freedom, democratic government and human rights.
* That the actions of drug cartels often result in a direct assault against democratic institutions and duly appointed judicial systems.
* That these activities and the profits created, often either stem from, or directly result in the affliction of terrorism around the globe.
* That the human trafficking that often works in conjunction with stated activities is a direct assault upon the most basic of human rights.
* That, as such, the containment and destruction of such trafficking is paramount to the mission of this organization and steps will be taken by the Parties to cooperate in law enforcement actions aimed at the elimination of hard drugs from global markets.
Note: Cannabis is not to be included in the list of drugs that will be under containment by this Organization, though acts against it are not prohibited upon the individual Parties.

Article 9
Each Party declares that none of the international engagements now in force between it and any other of the Parties or any third State is in conflict with the provisions of this Treaty, and undertakes not to enter into any international engagement in conflict with this Treaty.

Article 10
The Parties hereby establish a Council, on which each of them shall be represented, to consider matters concerning the implementation of this Treaty. The Council shall be so organized as to be able to meet promptly at any time. The Council shall set up such subsidiary bodies as may be necessary; in particular it shall establish immediately a defense committee which shall recommend measures for the implementation of Articles 3 through 9.

Article 11
Any nation that upholds the principles of this organization may, at any time, petition for admittance into the Global Treaty.
1. All petitions will first be reviewed by a committee which will consist of representatives of no fewer the 5 sitting members of the council.  If approved by simple majority, they will then be moved on for a vote by all member states.
2. The approval of 4/5 of members voting and present shall be required for any nation to be allowed admittance into the Global Treaty.
3. Upon admittance, all nations will be granted the full right, privileges and responsibilities of the Treaty.

Article 12
This Treaty shall be ratified and its provisions carried out by the Parties in accordance with their respective constitutional processes. The instruments of ratification shall be deposited as soon as possible with the Government of the Republic of Atlasia, which will notify all the other signatories of each deposit. The Treaty shall enter into force between the States which have ratified it as soon as the ratifications of the majority of the signatories, including the ratifications of Atlasia, Australia, Brazil, Colombia, Germany, India, Japan, South Africa and the United Kingdom, have been deposited and shall come into effect with respect to other States on the date of the deposit of their ratifications.

Article 13
After the Treaty has been in force for twenty years, any Party may cease to be a Party one year after its notice of denunciation has been given to the Global Treaty Organization.

Article 14
This Treaty shall be deposited in the archives of the Government of the Republic of Atlasia. Duly certified copies will be transmitted by that Government to the Governments of other signatories.

Special thanks to htmldon for the logo
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 10:10:51 PM »

Reserved
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 10:16:09 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2011, 10:19:47 PM by Tmthforu94 »

Update 1

Global Treaty Organization Ambassador Tmthforu94 will accompany Secretary of External Affairs Benconstine on a trip to Africa this weekend. The pair will be meet with several African countries who have expressed a possible interest in joining the Global Treaty Organization.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 03:18:53 PM »

Good luck with your new job! And btw, bring back a few souvenirs from Africa. Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 05:01:48 PM »

Good luck with your new job! And btw, bring back a few souvenirs from Africa. Wink
Cheesy I'll be sure and pick up something for my friends in the Mideast.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 05:06:11 PM »

Ahem...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 06:31:09 PM »

Ahem...
...Er, sorry, my statement got caught off. Wink Gifts for my friends from every region. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 04:13:53 PM »

Earlier today, GTO Ambassador Tmthforu94 spoke before members of the National Legislative Assembly in South Sudan. Below are remarks made by the Ambassador:

Thank you.

It’s great to be here in the wonderful nation of South Sudan. South Sudan has become a beacon of hope for the entire continent of Africa, and with your recent democratic elections, is showing that democracy can work! Atlasia congratulates South Sudan on their transition to democracy, as well as your recent admittance to the United Nations.

We also thank you for your request to join the Global Treaty Organization. However, grave concern has been expressed  by many nations, including Atlasia, over current laws in South Sudan regarding homosexuality. As it stands, homosexuality is punishable by up to 10 years in prison. In order for Atlasia’s support for your GTO admittance, we must ask that your nation decriminalize South Sudan. We will be asking the same of any other nation that wishes to apply.

It is my sincere hopes that your government is willing to work with us on this important human rights issue. I look forward to working with South Sudan in the future in the Global Treaty Organization.

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 10:01:45 PM »

As the vote that killed a bill that would have left you un-employed, I fully expect my bribe money in the mail soon. Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 01:08:42 PM »

As the vote that killed a bill that would have left you un-employed, I fully expect my bribe money in the mail soon. Tongue
I have plenty of cash left over from my Senate campaigns, as well as public speaking fee's as an ex-President. Wink Don't worry, you'll be rewarded.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 02:57:34 PM »

Earlier today, GTO Ambassador Tmthforu94 spoke before members of the National Legislative Assembly in South Sudan. Below are remarks made by the Ambassador:

Thank you.

It’s great to be here in the wonderful nation of South Sudan. South Sudan has become a beacon of hope for the entire continent of Africa, and with your recent democratic elections, is showing that democracy can work! Atlasia congratulates South Sudan on their transition to democracy, as well as your recent admittance to the United Nations.

From Freedom House, 2011:

http://www.freedomhouse.org/template.cfm?page=363&year=2011

While large sections of the electorate showed an eagerness to participate in the country’s first multiparty balloting in 24 years, the process was undermined by intimidation and vote-rigging by the NCP in the North and the SPLM in the South.

Both parties used intimidation and in some cases violence to ensure victory, particularly the SPLM. Non-SPLM candidates in the South were detained and prevented from campaigning, and voters were threatened. The voting period was plagued by irregularities. Voter rolls were inaccurate or incomplete, polling stations in some constituencies failed to open [...]

There is generally greater press freedom in Southern Sudan than in the North. Nevertheless, journalists considered unfriendly to the SPLM face harassment and in some cases arrest. Two radio stations in Juba were raided in March 2010 after they broadcast an interview with an independent candidate. In October, theSouthern Sudan Union of Journalists criticized restrictions placed on the reporting of political developments on the border with the North.

I understand the need for nice flowery talk and all that and not being too harsh on them, but perhaps we could do so without saying outright lies.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 04:49:52 PM »

I understand the need for nice flowery talk and all that and not being too harsh on them, but perhaps we could do so without saying outright lies.
Lying is part of diplomacy.  We need to stroke their ego if we're gonna insert some American companies into the South Sudanese oil fields.

At least, I'm guessing that's the logic.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 04:51:41 PM »

Statement from GTO Ambassador Tmthforu94:

I'm pleased to announce progess is being made in getting several African countries into the Global Trade Organization. Also, an important note, I believe our efforts is another nail in the coffin known as discrimination, as homosexuality has already been decriminalized in one nation thanks to our efforts.

Hopefully a bill will be presented before the Senate in a matter of days granting certain states membership to the GTO. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 02:59:08 PM »

Here is an example of the bill I hope to be proposed soon in the Senate (Just a note to bgwah, it'd be great if it could get on the floor pretty quick Tongue). Not ready to introduce it yet, as we're waiting to see if a couple nation's will pass legislation to decriminalize homosexuality.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 07:51:29 PM »

Here is an example of the bill I hope to be proposed soon in the Senate (Just a note to bgwah, it'd be great if it could get on the floor pretty quick Tongue). Not ready to introduce it yet, as we're waiting to see if a couple nation's will pass legislation to decriminalize homosexuality.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Am I reading this right?  Wouldn't this give Atlasian federal government the ability to enforce international law in other countries?  Why would any nation agree to this?  I am sure that they would probably want recriprical ability, which I doubt anyone here would agree to.  And what do you mean by "action."  Could that mean invasion or occupation? 
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 08:37:52 PM »

This is the exact form of a bill back in 2009 that added a host of nation's to the GTO. I just did a copy and paste job.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 09:46:46 PM »

This is the exact form of a bill back in 2009 that added a host of nation's to the GTO. I just did a copy and paste job.

Wow!  It potentially gives Atlasia unrestricted power to interfere in the affairs of other countries.  Wow!  Amazing work by our negotiators.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 10:31:27 PM »

Statement

GTO Ambassador Tmthforu94 will be making a short stop in Oceania this weekend, where we plans on conducting a short listening tour. When asked the purpose, Tmthforu made the following response.

Though as GTO Ambassador, this isn't my specific area, I want to ensure the good people of Oceania that the federal government of Atlasia supports them. I hope any issues they may have will be resolved. There's a lot of confusion going on, but at the end of the day, I believe the people should have at least somewhat of a say on what's going on and which region they're with. That's just my personal feeling.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies