Speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:58:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Speech
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Speech  (Read 969 times)
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 13, 2004, 12:07:27 AM »

It's been a long road since that first campaign.  I was a newbie when I organized the write-in campaign that sent me to the senate for my first term.  I was a veteran by the time I faced reelection eight months later.  And now I join Harry and Texasgurl in the misty obscurity of political oblivion.

I want to thank all of my supporters.  We all gave as good as we got, but alas, 'twas not quite enough in the end.  I would particularly like to thank John Ford and Wildcard.  You guys were with me from the start of this campaign.  Your endorsements really meant a lot.  Perhaps one of you will see fit to run for senate at some time in the future.

I now offer my congratulations to Senator-Elect Gabu.  You ran a hell of race and, no matter how much I disagree with you on the issues, I can't deny that you're a man of honor.  You ran on the issues even when others in your party were urging you to abandon your principles.  We both fought hard, stuck to our principles, and you came out on top.  Congratulations.  Best of luck over the next four months.

I've had a few days now to think about what I will do when I leave the senate.  I'm not entirely sure.  Something non-political, I think.  I want to get away from partisan politics for awhile.  Which leads me to my next announcement.  Effective immediately, I will no longer be chairman of the AFRNC.  Bono will be taking charge of the party and I have every confidence that under his leadership we will reelect President PBrunsel.

Thank you all and God Bless.

StevenNick
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 12:12:27 AM »

You ran a good race.

I would like to point out that when I told Gabu to "abandon his principles" I also pointed out that he was really a moderate and just had to convey that message.

Good luck with the AFRNC Bono.
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 12:14:51 AM »

As Akno said, a race well run.  Good luck with whatever you may do after this, and good luck to Bono.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 12:18:19 AM »

A great race ran by a great Senator. It is my hope that you return very soon.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 12:23:49 AM »

This was an excellent campaign. You are both honorable people, and I would be happy with either of you running District 5. Good luck with whatever you decide to do for Atlasia.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 12:42:11 AM »

I wish you the best for the future, StevenNick.  You were an excellent senator and I'm sorry to see you go.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 12:48:10 AM »

Good luck, StevenNick! I'm sure you'll be back!
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 12:56:04 AM »

You were a great Senator.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2004, 01:07:18 AM »

Good bye, Senator.  Your career and your service to the people of your district and of Atlasia, has been both dedicated and honorable and I am truely sorry to see you go, and I hope that you might return to public life some day.

Good Luck and God Bless.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2004, 09:50:37 AM »

You made an excellent Senator, Steven, and I wish you the best in the future and hope you make a return to elected office soon. You were a great Senator and a great Republican. Good luck Steven.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2004, 09:55:44 AM »

Right Wing Dominance on the Left Coast has been ended! Yay!
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2004, 10:28:22 AM »

well, you were a thorn in my side in the senate, and you're a bloody republican, but you are a great bloke, and it'll be an honour to work with you in a future capacity should it arise.

I won't say i'm sorry to see you out of the senate, but I will say that I'll be sorry to see you go if you decide to leave Atlasia. You believe what you say, and you don't bullsheet. That's why I respect you.

Hugh.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2004, 06:06:57 PM »

Man this stinks, the first guy I ever endorsed for President has been thrown out of the Senate.

It's really my fault though. I should have campaigned, period, for you, but I was just so busy at home I couldn't get time to write a speech. I'm sorry, I fear I HAVe let my party down.

Your still tops with me StevenNick, whether your a Senator or not.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2004, 06:24:27 PM »

You have been an excellent Senator, Stevenick, and I wish you the best of luck in your political future.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies