Elizabeth Warren for Senate(?)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 08:51:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Elizabeth Warren for Senate(?)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren for Senate(?)  (Read 14553 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2011, 04:30:05 PM »

Shannon O'Brien and Jane Swift were warm, it didn't help them much. I think women candidates always have a hard time in Mass and Warren won't be any luckier.

Mass must be disgusting rotten pigs that can't get over the fact that it's 2011 and not 1957.

...Uh, no. It's just that the state's dominated by a very old, still quite ethnic machine city.

You must not get sarcasm.

Not always in writing. Sorry.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2011, 11:58:38 PM »

This looks like a sign of nervousness.  If she was no threat I doubt the MA GOP would be doing this:

http://www.boston.com/Boston/politicalintelligence/2011/09/mass-gop-urges-harvard-end-elizabeth-warren-salary/qYl7CACXVlIW6LhL2vfUYL/index.html
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2011, 12:44:38 AM »

Harry Reid should send a thank you letter to senate Republicans for blocking her confirmation as consumer bureau chief.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2011, 10:58:33 AM »

PPP gives Warren a 46 point lead in the primary, btw (55%-9% for Khazei, 7% for Conroy, etc.).
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2011, 11:43:41 AM »

It seems more just spiteful, than any sign of nervousness per se, although maybe they are nervous. Brown I'm sure was nervous in any event. He knows he will have to work hard. The idea that a professor can't keep teaching while running for office is ludicrous by the way - just ludicrous. Some folks have about as good judgment as that CA GOP state senator who picked up a gigolo at a gay bar, and then while drunk hopped in his car sans its front license plate with his "date" riding shotgun  and turned on the ignition, and pushed the gas pedal.  It ended badly for him.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2011, 12:12:25 PM »

Yep, a college professor/bureaucrat like her would never connect with Real Amuricans!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htX2usfqMEs&feature=player_embedded
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2011, 12:42:51 PM »

I... I think I'm in love?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2011, 12:49:33 PM »

She clearly knows what she's doing and there is no way that Brown isn't taking the challenge seriously now. His lack of substance and generic flash worked before, but it won't work in this race. He's an incumbent now and has to actually say something of substance, other than talking about driving a truck.
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.30

« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2011, 06:56:16 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2011, 07:31:08 PM by Dean Barkley »

She clearly knows what she's doing and there is no way that Brown isn't taking the challenge seriously now. His lack of substance and generic flash worked before, but it won't work in this race. He's an incumbent now and has to actually say something of substance, other than talking about driving a truck.

You never know. I know my family revs like Scott Brown and I could see the uninformed voter thinking Warren is left-wing radical with Obama, Reid, and Pelosi. Of course, Obama and Reid are far from left-wing but they get hate from people who read the Boston Herald. However, she could be the next left-wing hero along with Feingold and Sanders as others have quoted regarding her appearance.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2011, 07:29:52 PM »

Of course, Obama and Reid are far from left-wing but they get hate from people who read the Boston Harold.

The Boston Harold?  Sounds like something out of the Pitochet regime!
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2011, 07:31:41 PM »

Of course, Obama and Reid are far from left-wing but they get hate from people who read the Boston Harold.

In jokes? Bad Wormy! Bad!
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2011, 07:31:59 PM »

I actually meant the Boston Herald obviously if you live in Massachusetts and know which paper is left/right.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2011, 07:57:39 PM »

Yeah, you know, except for the whole Health Care Reform thing, which he wouldn't have even been competitive without.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2011, 08:01:52 PM »

Yeah, you know, except for the whole Health Care Reform thing, which he wouldn't have even been competitive without.

He doesn't have that now either and I don't think a rehash would work. As an incumbent, he's going to be viewed differently.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2011, 02:06:06 AM »

I saw a clip of Warren on Morning Joe and thought she handled herself very well.  This will be a long campaign and to be sure, Brown is a politically skilled opponent.  But I am starting to think we will be able to wage a real battle here instead of rolling over.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/09/21/1018827/-Elizabeth-Warren-turns-the-tables-on-Morning-Joe-Gotcha-Panel,-Aces-Quiz-
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2011, 07:20:13 AM »

I have to say that Elizabeth Warren is possibly the hardest opponent (short of a Zombie Kennedy) that Scott Brown could face in 2012.  I think it will mostly come down to how excited the Democratic base is in 2012.  Because I mean it isn't like women (yes I am really bringing this up) can just waltz into a US Senate seat from Massachusetts.  People have had a taste of the Scott Brown Kool-Aid, at least according to the polls.  Rome didn't fall in a day you know.

My thoughts:

If the Democratic base is anywhere as NEAR excited as they were in 2008 then Scott Brown is history.
Guderian

« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2011, 08:30:11 AM »

People who expected Democrats to bend over for Scott Brown were out of their mind. Brown was going to have a battle no matter what. 3 to 1 registration advantage folks.
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2011, 03:45:41 PM »

It's not the Scott Brown seat, it's the people seat. And Elizabeth Warren is the people champion. Unless you count the wrestler into the mixed that went onto sh**tty Hollywood movies, then we know who connects with true voters. And that Elizabeth Warren.

VOTE WARREN 2012! TOGETHER, WE WILL FIGHT WALL STREET!
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2011, 03:21:02 PM »

Honesty, I love this lady but I can never understated the minds of the electors and some stupid Scott Brown saying like "I drive a truck" will pull in people who believes in populist rhetoric nonsense from the ing guy who's record is as unpopulist as anyones in Washington. And also the fact Elizabeth Warren loves all the illegal immigrants, gays, killing babies, steel hardworking people guns and give them to tha blacks, whatever stupid stereotype some conservative/republican will pull out come November.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies